ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
I scan 40-50 items a day on my PDA. Most of them are recordeds, I get loads of small recorded packets. Normally about 10 SDs on tuesday too, although normally only 1 or 2 on monday and saturday :) I think the rise in recorded/SD is just following the rise in packets in general, I don't think the number of signed for letters has changed much.
-
Danelectro
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
Well if it was a walk you were on then its a max of 8 special deliveries assigned to a duty for security reasons?pokos27 wrote:I think it depends on the area in which you work, when i did a town delivery i would often get 15 to 20 specials and recordeds.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
Don't forget that these boards will be a mix of walking delivery posties and driver deliovery posties. The former do indeed normally have a maximum of 8 specials per day (but only 3 "high value"... not that I have any idea how to identify these), while I believe drivers can have unlimited specials.Danelectro wrote:Well if it was a walk you were on then its a max of 8 special deliveries assigned to a duty for security reasons?pokos27 wrote:I think it depends on the area in which you work, when i did a town delivery i would often get 15 to 20 specials and recordeds.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
Open them and have a look.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote: (but only 3 "high value"... not that I have any idea how to identify these),
That's what we do in our office.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
SD's for banks,building societies,jewellers etc are automatically considered to be High Value items no matter what they contain.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
FT, don't suppose you have a link to an exhaustive list of "high value" SD assigned drop points? Presumeably "cage" staff are well aware of the 3 limit and what drops are considered "high value," but there is a real possibility that I could be regularly being given more than three on my walking delivery.fishtank wrote:SD's for banks,building societies,jewellers etc are automatically considered to be High Value items no matter what they contain.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
It's in the terms of the Saturday guaranteed SD service.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:FT, don't suppose you have a link to an exhaustive list of "high value" SD assigned drop points? Presumeably "cage" staff are well aware of the 3 limit and what drops are considered "high value," but there is a real possibility that I could be regularly being given more than three on my walking delivery.fishtank wrote:SD's for banks,building societies,jewellers etc are automatically considered to be High Value items no matter what they contain.
Items sent to the following business types addresses will not be covered under the Guarantee: Banks, Building Societies, Travel Agents, Jewellers and Post Offices. This is because Special Delivery items sent to these addresses are usually high value items.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
Spot on. My duty is split roughly in half between a number of streets of professional-types and an estate of work-shy scroungers, and most of my packets go to the scroungers. Life on the breadline eh, it must be toughLincox wrote:It does L8. Your customers are spending taxpayers money and are at home all day on their government sponsered computers whereas the other round are all out at work trying to earn a crust.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
wiganpostie wrote:Spot on. My duty is split roughly in half between a number of streets of professional-types and an estate of work-shy scroungers, and most of my packets go to the scroungers. Life on the breadline eh, it must be toughLincox wrote:It does L8. Your customers are spending taxpayers money and are at home all day on their government sponsered computers whereas the other round are all out at work trying to earn a crust.
Ordering off Ebay is not quite the same as buying on Ebay.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
I usually get one or sometimes three specials. Recorded items have shot up loads though,
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
Same here. About half the recent increase is down to legally-looking letters. Maybe the recession really is beginning to bite? Certainly no-one wants to take them. They nearly all end up in the cage.Indy wrote:Yes, yes, YES!L8Hatter wrote:Is anyone else getting more and more of these?
SD about the same maybe a few less but Rec has gone through the roof. About 6/8 was a heavy day for me but now its not unusual to get 12/15 most days. The vast majority appear to be coming from companies rather than ebayers.
13 today. It's starting to do my nut in
We also had one of our heaviest days of the year so far in terms of mail. And I'm more convinced than ever that mail volume, makes very little difference to how long it takes to do a round. It's packets and recordeds that kill it for me, and they're only light on Mondays and sometimes Saturdays these days.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
10 Today, 4 returned = another 20 minutes on my duty. Ring Door Bell, Knock Door Twice, Knock Window. Remove P739 from inside coat pocket. Write out. Complete Non delivery Docket and anotate on packet.
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
Maximum of 3 “high value” and 8 in total (for a walker) ??? Where does that come from ???IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Don't forget that these boards will be a mix of walking delivery posties and driver deliovery posties. The former do indeed normally have a maximum of 8 specials per day (but only 3 "high value"... not that I have any idea how to identify these), while I believe drivers can have unlimited specials.Danelectro wrote:Well if it was a walk you were on then its a max of 8 special deliveries assigned to a duty for security reasons?pokos27 wrote:I think it depends on the area in which you work, when i did a town delivery i would often get 15 to 20 specials and recordeds.
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
Yes i think they are increasing.
I use them myself a lot more now than I used to.
I think the increase is down to the public realising that first class isn't a next day service any more, particularly where revisions are happpening.
people are using the recorded and specials to get birthday presents, packets, any items they want to actualy get to the destination on time.
IMO
I use them myself a lot more now than I used to.
I think the increase is down to the public realising that first class isn't a next day service any more, particularly where revisions are happpening.
people are using the recorded and specials to get birthday presents, packets, any items they want to actualy get to the destination on time.
IMO
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing amount of recordeds/SDs?
Have you added the time you spent in the office with your lino after customer complained you didn't knock?Lincox wrote:10 Today, 4 returned = another 20 minutes on my duty. Ring Door Bell, Knock Door Twice, Knock Window. Remove P739 from inside coat pocket. Write out. Complete Non delivery Docket and anotate on packet.