ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Should I join the Union?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
happymackem
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:02
Gender: Male
Location: in the land of the mackems

Re: Should I join the Union?

Post by happymackem »

yes,yes,yes,yes,yesthe cwu maybe crap but you might need them sometime
so yes join marra :dance
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Should I join the Union?

Post by TeeferTiger »

Yes, but not because you're expecting them to grow a spine.

I joined purely because I knew I would technically have more "rights" if you like and the back up of a union rep if I ever needed one (which recently I have).
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
lekker
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 364
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 21:26
Gender: Male

Re: Should I join the Union?

Post by lekker »

Aprilaydee wrote:Yes, but not because you're expecting them to grow a spine.

I joined purely because I knew I would technically have more "rights" if you like and the back up of a union rep if I ever needed one (which recently I have).
does the rep have a spine :hmmmm
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Should I join the Union?

Post by krussel »

lekker wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:Yes, but not because you're expecting them to grow a spine.

I joined purely because I knew I would technically have more "rights" if you like and the back up of a union rep if I ever needed one (which recently I have).
does the rep have a spine :hmmmm
Well this depends on the rep of course :hmmmm

Personally i think it a tough thankless job which takes a very thick skin. I ve worked alongside my office rep and know the extra mile he will go for the office or person who has problems.

Why not have ago yourself, if you have a spine :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
lekker
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 364
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 21:26
Gender: Male

Re: Should I join the Union?

Post by lekker »

krussel wrote:
lekker wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:Yes, but not because you're expecting them to grow a spine.

I joined purely because I knew I would technically have more "rights" if you like and the back up of a union rep if I ever needed one (which recently I have).
does the rep have a spine :hmmmm
Well this depends on the rep of course :hmmmm

Personally i think it a tough thankless job which takes a very thick skin. I ve worked alongside my office rep and know the extra mile he will go for the office or person who has problems.

Why not have ago yourself, if you have a spine :Very Happy
Too late for me mate. I took VR after 35 years but i was the rep for 15 of those. Do I have a spine? I would like to think so :pray
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Should I join the Union?

Post by krussel »

lekker wrote:
krussel wrote:
lekker wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:Yes, but not because you're expecting them to grow a spine.

I joined purely because I knew I would technically have more "rights" if you like and the back up of a union rep if I ever needed one (which recently I have).
does the rep have a spine :hmmmm
Well this depends on the rep of course :hmmmm

Personally i think it a tough thankless job which takes a very thick skin. I ve worked alongside my office rep and know the extra mile he will go for the office or person who has problems.

Why not have ago yourself, if you have a spine :Very Happy
Too late for me mate. I took VR after 35 years but i was the rep for 15 of those. Do I have a spine? I would like to think so :pray

Blimey 35 years service, a legend nowadays :Applause

Guess your spine is a little creaky like mine then, i blame the pesky d2d,s :Very Happy :crazy:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Should I join the Union?

Post by Darren Bent »

I would join the union if your local union rep are good and worth the money, but if your union rep is crap there is no point of spending money supporting the union.
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Should I join the Union?

Post by RTP »

Darren Bent wrote:I would join the union if your local union rep are good and worth the money, but if your union rep is crap there is no point of spending money supporting the union.
If he doesn't like his rep he can always go above him/her if he has any problems.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Should I join the Union?

Post by TeeferTiger »

I meant the CWU as a whole not having a spine, given the last lot of "deals" we got. Not nececelery the local rep.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?