ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I am alright Jack .

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jlu
Posts: 46
Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 17:58
Gender: Male

Re: I am alright Jack .

Post by jlu »

sadly like most guys on here the good times have gone but we can still reminse.the problem is not enough full time on ips,also we remember nights,lates to do sorting all gone now,they can/t cope with the amount coming in each morning.even with the new super fast mech. machines????. so just do your best!!!!
protect us
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 167
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 23:27

Re: I am alright Jack .

Post by protect us »

bedfordrl wrote:When I joined Royal Mail nine years ago we would start at 05:00 ,sort ,then out about 07:00 ,deliver until 10:00/11:00.
Upstairs into the rest room/canteen for crap tv /darts ,snooker and coffee and a laugh, then back to cutting and tipping and sorting,gathering up our mail and throwing what we had sorted in for the next day.
The cameraderie was great and everyone knew everyone.

Fast forward to now.

We have starting times all over the place and most people do not take their breaks , the pressure is immense and there is also a lot of bad tempers going around ,mind I also have noticed that the levels of lunacy have increased probably in an attempt to surmount the pressure.

I am just glad that I have been around when the the job was more fun.
Spot on !! its very VERY sad how we have come to this :sad: ive done over ten years and now just want out - its too much now and we dont even get a decent wage on it now - such a shame but they call this PROGRESS ?? !! :crazy: