ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
-
sacs r full
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 02 May 2010, 09:34
- Gender: Female
Re: geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
let the toss pots make your round as big as they want just work to your time. watch the backlog build up and laugh your tits off
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
That still must be bloody heavy, on a really bad day you must be pulling 30kg+ per loop? Our walks have got 6-8 loops each.Judgee wrote:Nope, golf trolley with bag either side!OnAFlyer wrote:3 Loops - what are you looping with, a HCT?Judgee wrote:Well one loop on my round apparently takes 45 minutes according to the computer. In reality, without any d2ds on a light day one loop takes over an hour and a half [one loop out of three that it has]. My DIM tried to use this figure to make the point that I am working too slow. I pointed out to him that if the computer has underestimated all the revise duties by half it would explain why no one in the office can come even close to completing..... he hasn't spoken to me since so happy days!!!!
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
oh yeah, pushing some heavy poop thats for sure. Tend to fill the bags with letters/flats and balance a few parcels on top. Pretty flat ground all the way round so not too bad just a loooong trek! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Bikedo
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 15:02
Re: geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
With regard to working your time, I've been doing this for the last two weeks, I'm now sat at home on suspention awaiting interview for leaving van door unlocked in my rush to deliver, put your head up and you'l get shot at.
PS Enjoying the break though.
PS Enjoying the break though.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
The whole point of working your time and doing the job properly is it removes the compulsion we have to rush around and hopefully the risk of making mistakes.Bikedo wrote:With regard to working your time, I've been doing this for the last two weeks, I'm now sat at home on suspention awaiting interview for leaving van door unlocked in my rush to deliver, put your head up and you'l get shot at.
PS Enjoying the break though.
On a related note...you should never have been suspended for leaving the van unlocked...that is not what precautionary suspension is designed for.
Suspension should only occur when it is necessary to prevent the risk of further breaches of conduct, to protect employees, property or mail, or to protect Royal Mail’s good image and standing in the community. It should only last as long as is genuinely necessary and will be reviewed after 48 hours and at reasonable periods thereafter.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Bikedo
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 15:02
Re: geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
The charge is 'Failing to safeguard the mail' This cocurred on Wednesday and it's now Saturday and not heard anything other than the letter confirming the suspention and charges. SO when does the 48 hours begin?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
The minute you were sent home.Bikedo wrote:SO when does the 48 hours begin?
I have to ask...is this a first offence because it seems like overkill to me.
Royal Mail does recognise that genuine mistakes and misunderstandings do occur and it is not the intention of the Business that such cases should be dealt with under the Conduct Code beyond counselling for the isolated instance.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Bikedo
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 15:02
Re: geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
Yes first offence. I've not been popular with being the only one working the new system to be bringing mail back everyone else is booking and giving time for free!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: geo route ?????????????????????????????????????
I hope you are a union member,if you are get in touch with your Area Rep as soon as possible.Bikedo wrote:Yes first offence. I've not been popular with being the only one working the new system to be bringing mail back everyone else is booking and giving time for free!
They are seriously trying to screw you over.
This should never have got to this point...where is your rep?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share