ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post your walk

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dekcuferew
Posts: 14
Joined: 01 Jan 2011, 19:55
Gender: Male

Re: Post your walk

Post by dekcuferew »

i can show you my new drive with drops
all in a days work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
article-1379597-0BBA631100000578-483_634x422.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rossheatherill
Posts: 10
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 15:13
Gender: Male

Re: Post your walk

Post by rossheatherill »

wiganpostie wrote:Use your noggin Ross -people get sacked on a regular basis for posting anything even remotely disparaging about their employers online on Facebook, etc, so it's time to go anonymous.
surely theres a union to allow you to have an opinion without having to worry about your employment?
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Post your walk

Post by chunk »

rossheatherill wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:Use your noggin Ross -people get sacked on a regular basis for posting anything even remotely disparaging about their employers online on Facebook, etc, so it's time to go anonymous.
surely theres a union to allow you to have an opinion without having to worry about your employment?

But your tongue in cheek shirley ?
The union is showing itself to be weak infective and out of touch.
that may improve with a change in the leadership but until then...
i suggest you bide your time.. use this forum to help others exchange information etc
and not to make a name for yourself.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Post your walk

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

rossheatherill wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:Use your noggin Ross -people get sacked on a regular basis for posting anything even remotely disparaging about their employers online on Facebook, etc, so it's time to go anonymous.
surely theres a union to allow you to have an opinion without having to worry about your employment?
The CWU seem pretty open minded unfortunately they are not our employers. Just check out the Bristol lot from 2007 http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ked#p93922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Post your walk

Post by krussel »

rossheatherill wrote:surely theres a union to allow you to have an opinion without having to worry about your employment?

They cant save you :sad: Best to stay undercover on here and then you can pretty much say what you feel about RM (ie; the truth) and not worry. :Very Happy Perhaps an i.d. change for you Ross :hmmmm
chunk wrote:shirley
Oh "and dont call me shirley " :nana

:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Post your walk

Post by Lounge Lizard »

fishtank wrote:Doesn't do much for anonymity Ross...but then neither does your username. :chuckle
http://en-gb.facebook.com/rossheatherill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Post your walk

Post by arnold cheshire »

my walk has 4000 houses but i love it i wouldnt have it any other way
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Post your walk

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

I'm in the same boat as Ross. Didn't realize we were supposed to be anonymous so I've gone and used my real name.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Post your walk

Post by fishtank »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:I'm in the same boat as Ross. Didn't realize we were supposed to be anonymous so I've gone and used my real name.
You'll be fine...Elvis is quite a common name.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
mrlovepantsuk
Posts: 333
Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: Post your walk

Post by mrlovepantsuk »

fishtank wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:I'm in the same boat as Ross. Didn't realize we were supposed to be anonymous so I've gone and used my real name.
You'll be fine...Elvis is quite a common name.
It is where I live on certain campsites
Unity Is Strength
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Post your walk

Post by krussel »

mrlovepantsuk wrote:
fishtank wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:I'm in the same boat as Ross. Didn't realize we were supposed to be anonymous so I've gone and used my real name.
You'll be fine...Elvis is quite a common name.
It is where I live on certain campsites
Do yah like dags now boy ? do yeh :dance
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: Post your walk

Post by brothermagrew »

fishtank wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:I'm in the same boat as Ross. Didn't realize we were supposed to be anonymous so I've gone and used my real name.
You'll be fine...Elvis is quite a common name.
Aye and Kingsmill bread is used for his morning slices of toast :cool
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Post your walk

Post by dvbuk55 »

dekcuferew wrote:i can show you my new drive with drops
all in a days work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
article-1379597-0BBA631100000578-483_634x422.jpg
What do you do after 9.30 am......................................... :wave :Very Happy