Okay will give it a try - cheersperstop tray wrote:The person is the national uniform manager,who just happens to be based in london hq, therefore i see no harm in contacting them, thats what they are there for.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Policy on wearing uniform
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Policy on wearing uniform
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Policy on wearing uniform
Just had a quick shuftie through it.........am i allowed,anyway it says this...
POLO SHIRTS
Must not be worn on Customer-facing duties.
POLO SHIRTS
Must not be worn on Customer-facing duties.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Throgg
- Posts: 255
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 17:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Re: Policy on wearing uniform
Interesting. Our DO has just issued all us posties with polo shirtsJust had a quick shuftie through it.........am i allowed,anyway it says this...
POLO SHIRTS
Must not be worn on Customer-facing duties.
-
AnotherLimey
- Posts: 751
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Policy on wearing uniform
While we are on the uniform subject, do we already get the tax relief?
http://www.uniformtaxrebate.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.uniformtaxrebate.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Policy on wearing uniform
Yes - you might have to put a claim in but yes we do get tax relief on it.AnotherLimey wrote:While we are on the uniform subject, do we already get the tax relief?
http://www.uniformtaxrebate.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Policy on wearing uniform
Very interesting info Postman.POSTMAN wrote:Just had a quick shuftie through it.........am i allowed,anyway it says this...
POLO SHIRTS
Must not be worn on Customer-facing duties.
More Ammo in the locker for when the DIM decides to have a go. The scruffy bastards in my office were well chuffed when the polo shirts came in. IMO I think they look scruffy, better a well ironed Blue Shirt, but I suppose there's people out there that would still like us to wear ties! In their eyes I'm probably a scruffy bastard!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Policy on wearing uniform
I prefer the polo shirts, they're more comfortable and they don't leave visible sweat-marks. Ultimately, we do an increasingly physical job. I don't think it's unreasonable that the work-force dispenses with looking smart in favour of feeling comfortable. Whether others look at me and think I'm scruffy or lazy with an iron (I am, for what it's worth) doesn't matter to me.
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Policy on wearing uniform
When the polo shirts were first introduced they were for non customer-facing jobs only but this has since been relaxed and everyone is allowed to wear them. I prefer my blue shirts though because they aren't so thick and the pockets are handy.