ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wanting a transfer to the Kendal area what are my chances!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Wanting a transfer to the Kendal area what are my chance

Post by hampshireman »

Indy wrote:
Stammerking wrote:I,m in the WS area so a fair distance and only a vw camper van to get me about :shock:
Camper??? that'll come in handy!!! :nana

Seriously though I've not know ANYONE actually get a transfer for a good few years.... RM just doesn't seem interested in doing them.... sorry! :arrrghhh and good luck Kendal is a beautiful part of the UK.
I'll buck the trend. I got one , but a reduced hours. And 75 miles away. And to be honest I was lucky; as I was leaving until I spotted a job very near the area I was moving to.

I personally would do a job search within a comfortable distance and also get your DOM to help and call around for you (I know ; depends on your DOM , but mine was very helpful)

Good luck
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Re: Wanting a transfer to the Kendal area what are my chance

Post by Stammerking »

On good terms with the DOM so should be no problems this side!

Kendal mint cake has saved me on many cycle trips!!!!!
diggler
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 20:06
Gender: Male

Re: Wanting a transfer to the Kendal area what are my chance

Post by diggler »

Hi if no joy at Kendal try Lancaster office and ask for Nigel Holt area manager he covers two or three offices round this area, good luck. :dance
mr hil.
Posts: 425
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
Gender: Male

Re: Wanting a transfer to the Kendal area what are my chance

Post by mr hil. »

You could try Morecambe, the revision just happened and they are up the creek without a paddle probsbly some extra duties will be going in....
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Re: Wanting a transfer to the Kendal area what are my chance

Post by Stammerking »

Cheers Guys on a weeks leave this week but my Dom is ringing up Kendal for me!
knoxycube
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 Aug 2009, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: Wanting a transfer to the Kendal area what are my chance

Post by knoxycube »

bloke from my office in scotland wanted a transfer to office in england and spoke to dom at english office who said he would take him on,was meant to transfer after christmas but still hasn't happened as our office is understaffed.now he has been forced to quit and apply for job in english office but that will mean losing his seniorty and i presume he wont get revision money either as english office has completed there revision,i dont know if he will be on the same contract as before,