Where is NT anyway?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Change over to Monthly pay
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
I love the moaning about moaning posts.
Where is NT anyway?
Where is NT anyway?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
His office is probably the one where they trialed P&L and it worked so I'm in .POSTMAN wrote:I want a transfer to your office red bag man.
And as for everyone else on here,stop talking s**t and come with me.
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
This is the first job I've had since working as a spot welder in a birdcage factory (honest) where I've been paid weekly. To be honest I'm always skint either way.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
Well i moan like a bitch and ive got a f**cking good reason too as the job ive been doing for 20 years, the one i ve taken pride in with a senseof duty to my customers has had the arse ripped out of it.
In some respects I agree with you that we should be more positive to making the company work against the growing threat of increased competition. However stand back and look what’s happening and ACTUALLY LISTEN to the old moaning sweats who have seen a lot more of RM and know what it can do.
If you do you will see that you are being systematically worked harder and harder to boast the overall profit so that you can be sold (or made redundant) when the business is privatised.
Also take some time to read a few threads on here about people being forced to go long term sick because they can no longer cope with the increase in workload and the ever extending deliveries. Its tragic really and all of this “lets pull together chaps “ attitude isn’t really going to change it or help them is it.
Have a nice weekend buddy
We lost these green OT forms about 4 years ago so now you have to tell a Manager hoping he will remember before checking with the balance of staff duty to make sure you get paid the hours you work.RedBagMan wrote:maybe something to do with correctly filling in docket forms ...
Not a patch on the 90's uniform which lasted forever. The new stuff is crap in -16 c which we had this year.RedBagMan wrote:I think most of the the new uniform is top ...
Lack of experience i am afraid. You will know what I mean when you get some years in.RedBagMan wrote:PPPS - I've no probs with my lino - I ask (rather than moan) when necessary - everything works OK
Ever thought of becoming one of these new Managers assistantsRedBagMan wrote:The sooner large amounts of people start to "get real" ... the more chance there is of making this thing work
Sorry lost me here ? Were not Toto a band in the mid eighties ?RedBagMan wrote:I'd be interested to know how representative this 'ere forum is of RM in toto
No commentRedBagMan wrote:I WAS a union Shop Steward as well
A fair comment but lacks true RM experience. Be active in a few strikes, lose money, and then think again.RedBagMan wrote:but if people are happier in their life moaning and moaning (and probably taking it all home to ruin their home life as well) let them get on with it ... and help to take the whole thing down ...
In some respects I agree with you that we should be more positive to making the company work against the growing threat of increased competition. However stand back and look what’s happening and ACTUALLY LISTEN to the old moaning sweats who have seen a lot more of RM and know what it can do.
If you do you will see that you are being systematically worked harder and harder to boast the overall profit so that you can be sold (or made redundant) when the business is privatised.
Also take some time to read a few threads on here about people being forced to go long term sick because they can no longer cope with the increase in workload and the ever extending deliveries. Its tragic really and all of this “lets pull together chaps “ attitude isn’t really going to change it or help them is it.
Have a nice weekend buddy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
Ah ha!! The couriers voice has landed here.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
whens the next round of talks feb 2018.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
He's filling out one of those green docket (rem them?) things with thingy.fishtank wrote:I love the moaning about moaning posts.![]()
Where is NT anyway?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
''If paradise was half as nice as heaven that you take me too ''..... get real bag man everything isn't the rosy picture you seem to think .....but of course you live in an ideal paralel universe 
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
RedBagMan wrote:Here we go again ... moan moan moan ...
PS - I think most of the the new uniform is top ...
PPS - My overtime comes thru correct every week - maybe something to do with correctly filling in docket forms ...
PPPS - Maybe P&L will work for us non-PCOD peeps - QED mind ...
PPPS - I've no probs with my lino - I ask (rather than moan) when necessary - everything works OK - respect either way - and discretion (YES discretion !) applied on both sides ... I'm happy - he's happy.
PPPPS - I'm not Dingo in disguise ....
The sooner large amounts of people start to "get real" ... the more chance there is of making this thing work - 12 months ago I was "outside RM" and I've seen how sh*t it is out there - I got screwed over big style (pension frozen, statutory Government redundancy payment for 25 years service) - this to me is "another chance" (even with a 50% cut in wages) - but reading what I read (and it's not only the "old lags" but some of the newer ones as well) ... we're gonna struggle ... although I'd be interested to know how representative this 'ere forum is of RM in toto ... I'd like to think "not very" ... to me everything starts from the bottom and permeates up (in a previous life I WAS a union Shop Steward as well - which probably helped towards my redundancy) - it CAN be done ... but if people are happier in their life moaning and moaning (and probably taking it all home to ruin their home life as well) let them get on with it ... and help to take the whole thing down ...
Now .. sod it all until Monday ... but maybe a quick peep for a possible "non-moan" thread ...
(P/T - 24 hours a week - always available for o/t - will work day off when it suits me ... like I said "how representative" ?)
Bye
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
POSTMAN wrote:He's filling out one of those green docket (rem them?) things with thingy.fishtank wrote:I love the moaning about moaning posts.![]()
Where is NT anyway?
NT oh yeah "night tonic" thats a blast from the past
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
banjo1t
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
Ruddy el, that got you lot goin!! 
______________________________________________________________
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
It's been a long time since I've seen one of the green Dockets. We just have photocopies of them, printed on the reverse of other printouts (saving paper, saving the environment). But we do still have them. If we didn't, and there wasn't an alternative (besides word of mouth). Then there's no way I'd do ANY overtime EVER! If there's no "paper trail", then you've no way of proving you've done the overtime. So any mistakes could potentially lead to no payment at all.POSTMAN wrote:He's filling out one of those green docket (rem them?) things with thingy.fishtank wrote:I love the moaning about moaning posts.![]()
Where is NT anyway?
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
This is the problem we have at my office. Say its a heavy day and you go 30 mins over. You get back and the managers have gone home so in the morning you see the dom and say you went 30 mins over yesterday. He makes a note and informs the balance duty staff who then add it to the pressure OT sheet which you sign, job done.andy2007 wrote:It's been a long time since I've seen one of the green Dockets. We just have photocopies of them, printed on the reverse of other printouts (saving paper, saving the environment). But we do still have them. If we didn't, and there wasn't an alternative (besides word of mouth). Then there's no way I'd do ANY overtime EVER! If there's no "paper trail", then you've no way of proving you've done the overtime. So any mistakes could potentially lead to no payment at all.POSTMAN wrote:He's filling out one of those green docket (rem them?) things with thingy.fishtank wrote:I love the moaning about moaning posts.![]()
Where is NT anyway?
The problem is when you say go over on a friday and you tell the dom sat morning who then forgets to pass it on and it misses that weeks overtime.
I find it best to just go in and tell the dom i will be going 30 mins over before i go out and then check when i get back.
Mind you as of next week our revision kicks in and we will NEVER have to go over, the dom promises
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Change over to Monthly pay
krussel wrote:andy2007 wrote:It's been a long time since I've seen one of the green Dockets. We just have photocopies of them, printed on the reverse of other printouts (saving paper, saving the environment). But we do still have them. If we didn't, and there wasn't an alternative (besides word of mouth). Then there's no way I'd do ANY overtime EVER! If there's no "paper trail", then you've no way of proving you've done the overtime. So any mistakes could potentially lead to no payment at all.POSTMAN wrote:He's filling out one of those green docket (rem them?) things with thingy.fishtank wrote:I love the moaning about moaning posts.![]()
Where is NT anyway?
Mind you as of next week our revision kicks in and we will NEVER have to go over, the dom promises
quick remedy is to cut off ...now thats a good idea then theres no problem obtaining what's rightfully yours (overtime) think the mesage would soon hit home....me i'd just do my hours and no more
