H&S overrides all of the nonsense you might get from the uniform gestapo.andy2007 wrote:It might be different in Deliveries. But for indoor Posties, we're only allowed 1 pair per year, unless the Manager intervenes. It was a particular problem when the Magnums were first introduced. Because they didn't last more than a couple of months. So I kept having to go to my Manager to ask him to contact Uniform, to ok another pair. At one stage, I even had to turn up at work, with the soles held on with Insulation Tape (it didn't show too badly, because it nearly matched the colour of the boots), before he'd ok it. That's why I haven't risked trying the CAT Boots.
If your safety footwear is damaged it MUST be replaced immediately.
If any item of uniform is damaged or worn beyond simple repair Royal Mail will ensure that replacement is made without delay.