They're all talkWild Cat wrote:Disgusting. It's time that the members started looking at what the divisional reps are actually doing and kicking them into representing the membership. What's wrong with these guys? Too frightened to cut off? come on Winchester posties it's time you stood up to the playground bullies and if the div reps won't represent you it's time to do the unthinkable and d.i.y. sometimes you have to do what ever it takes.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
-
jack straw
- Posts: 260
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 17:08
- Gender: Female
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Lovely city , Winchester.My late father used to be the caretaker at Wharf Mill, about 20 years ago, down by the Cathedral, he always used to offer the postie a cooked breakfast when he called.Don't suppose you would have the time now.Good luck with your fight.
-
peterloo
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:31
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Cheers everyone for support, especially lincox and wildcat for their progressive contributions. Dissapointing no contributions from DINGO or LOVEJOY just be interested to hear what they have to say. 
-
hubbahubba
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1045
- Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
- Gender: Female
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
who's the div rep,not .... is it ?? happy dingo?cackhill wrote:Cheers everyone for support, especially lincox and wildcat for their progressive contributions. Dissapointing no contributions from DINGO or LOVEJOY just be interested to hear what they have to say.
Last edited by hubbahubba on 20 Jan 2011, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
same as it ever was...
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Still waiting to hear from Dingo regarding the figures for average earnings over the last two decades. Seems he,s great at quoting basic salary increases but does,nt want to engage with what is more important and that is what a postie actually takes home. Come on Dingo, step up to the plate.
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
he can't he's holding it ..can i have some more please .... 
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Its funny that some want my opinion and view and when I give it then think its open season to attack.
For the record its Winchester is not my division, and I have no idea what is going on down there or the facts on the information or not.
I think its wrong to put intials of someone on here ,espeically as he has stayed on past his retirement in order to ensure that the elections of the new divisonal reps took place.
Now I suggust if there are issues and I have seen the things happen far to other in Royal Mail to get the Branch onto Dave Ward or Bob Gibson. The PEC have considered industrial action ballots since the BTA was endorsed and have carried them but put a privisio of trying one last attempt to resolve the issues normally at National level.
Now Lincox I will when I get time post the wage rises you requsted.
For the record its Winchester is not my division, and I have no idea what is going on down there or the facts on the information or not.
I think its wrong to put intials of someone on here ,espeically as he has stayed on past his retirement in order to ensure that the elections of the new divisonal reps took place.
Now I suggust if there are issues and I have seen the things happen far to other in Royal Mail to get the Branch onto Dave Ward or Bob Gibson. The PEC have considered industrial action ballots since the BTA was endorsed and have carried them but put a privisio of trying one last attempt to resolve the issues normally at National level.
Now Lincox I will when I get time post the wage rises you requsted.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Many many thanks dingo 
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Thanks Dingo, it will be good to compare the real growth or non growth in income over the last couple of decades. By the way what is the BTA?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Business Transformation Agreement I think, commonly known on here as BT2010.Lincox wrote:Thanks Dingo, it will be good to compare the real growth or non growth in income over the last couple of decades. By the way what is the BTA?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
peterloo
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:31
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Yeh thanks for info dingo,jus for the record i have no issue with the divisional rep we are not supposed to be talking about. he helped me s**t loads over the years
he just didnt have much joy in this paticular situation.
he just didnt have much joy in this paticular situation.
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
dingo wrote:Its funny that some want my opinion and view and when I give it then think its open season to attack.
For the record its Winchester is not my division, and I have no idea what is going on down there or the facts on the information or not.
I think its wrong to put intials of someone on here ,espeically as he has stayed on past his retirement in order to ensure that the elections of the new divisonal reps took place.
Now I suggust if there are issues and I have seen the things happen far to other in Royal Mail to get the Branch onto Dave Ward or Bob Gibson. The PEC have considered industrial action ballots since the BTA was endorsed and have carried them but put a privisio of trying one last attempt to resolve the issues normally at National level.
Now Lincox I will when I get time post the wage rises you requsted.
It's probably more like he's stayed on because he does exactly what he's told to do and gives way to whatever his dim doms say or want
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
Not been addressed.....yes it has it's all been agreed.mailmonkey wrote:This is terrible.
The main reason I was on strike in 2009 was about working practises, mangement B&H, and unfair, unachievable workloads.
None of which were addressed by the resulting agreement.
-
peterloo
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:31
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
You'll like this one. They loaned posties out to other offices, in winch, so they could continue the unagreed lapsing (nice touch I thought). The staff used to come in early and use their cars, for the usual reasons, you know, finish early, avoid long bike rides etc. Now they do it so they can complete deliveries so they can avoid any grief from management. They either need the ballot they agreed last october or they need someone to come down from HQ. They need ACTION of some sort.
It's starting to get really difficult to defend CWU in Winchester.
It's starting to get really difficult to defend CWU in Winchester.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Winchester delivery office left high and dry by cwu HQ
But what would happen even if Dave or Billy came down and gave the Managers sheer hell for lets say a week over what they are doing. If they also gave rousing speeches to the workforce and convinced them that they should come in early, cut corners, or use their own cars. Or if amazingly they came up with a cast iron Local Agreement that answered all your points and got management to sign up for it. It would be great for that week, and maybe even the week after...... but then what. We all know what would happen management would be up to their old tricks and people would drift back to the old ways of doing things for a quiet life. Managers are like a river, they always find the easiest path, become a rock and they'll move on.cackhill wrote:You'll like this one. They loaned posties out to other offices, in winch, so they could continue the unagreed lapsing (nice touch I thought). The staff used to come in early and use their cars, for the usual reasons, you know, finish early, avoid long bike rides etc. Now they do it so they can complete deliveries so they can avoid any grief from management. They either need the ballot they agreed last october or they need someone to come down from HQ. They need ACTION of some sort.
It's starting to get really difficult to defend CWU in Winchester.
Yes have a ballot and if necessary go out on IA to make your point and publicise your grievances, you would of course have my full support.
But nothing will change fundamentally until people stand up to management in the normal course of their daily work, either as a group by defending each other and sticking to your guns, or by individuals doing the same. Its hard at first no hiding that, and they will try to wear you down, but in the end it is the only way things will change.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.