Agreed... an 18 month man came into work one morning an hour late and as drunk as a skunk! manager ordered him home but he could hardly walk.... the manager took him home despite being subjected to quite a bit of verbal abuse. He got a suspension but was back with a warning. They sacked him about 6 months later for something or other can't remember (not theft or anything). Another postie here got sacked for being drunk I used to see him in the local offie at 5am his hand shaking like crazy buying 4 cans of 'Special Brew'. He was a really nice bloke who'd fallen on really hard times personally. I have to give RM their due they really did try to help him but he just wouldn't be helped :( The manager who got sacked for nicking also cited alcohol.... I think he admitted to being an alcoholic. Funny as I know at least one postie who is almost certainly a closet alcoholic.... truly weird guy all round but its strange to see so many RM employee's struggling with alcohol maybe its because its cheap and available?. Drugs misuse from my experience are almost unheard of.baldrick wrote: but in the past they would have been sent home, or at the most suspended for 3 days.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sackings
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male