ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

it's all my fault.. sorry 'bout that

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kevpeters
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 19:44
Gender: Male

Re: it's all my fault.. sorry 'bout that

Post by kevpeters »

windjunky wrote:I informed my manager that I brought some mail back the other day, his reply was "gonna f***ing prep test you tomorrow then" (his exact words). Why, after 8 years, has my performance come under question all of a sudden? Should I apologise for the new revisions failing in my office..obviously it's all my fault. I wonder if he talks to his friends and family with the same contempt he talks to his staff? I'm quite surprised my manager can speak at all the way his tongue is permanently lodged up his own managers arse.
In normal society people with personality disorders get special needs help.. within royal mail they get promoted. Anyway.. he comes near me with a stop watch I'll have no option other than to claim bullying and harassment against him.

In our office all the managers are great they really are, I have been a postie for 21 years i have been bullied but only by one manager years ago, but if someone said that to me i would ask him to go in the office, with a freind or rep and ask him to explain why he swore at you, if anyone spoke to me like that, the area union rep would be down and i would never let him get away with it, stamp it out stay strong and write down all the info you can, you can also phone the number on the wage slip, i was a rep for 3 years good luck mate. :wink:
rumble1234
Posts: 58
Joined: 07 Dec 2010, 11:52
Gender: Male

Re: it's all my fault.. sorry 'bout that

Post by rumble1234 »

what im tired of doing is cleaning up there f***ing mess.this xmas were threatened with all sorts if we dont work our day off then when we said stick it,all of a sudden the xmas proposal was a national agreement and we have to work our day off.this is bollocks our manager has had months to sort out staffing but since they dont want to spend a penny we work with a skeleton crew all year round which causes problems with doing the job within the time frame given.so what happens we pick up the slack because aparently we are lazy and need to speed up.so by bullying and all there other bullshit tactics they get the job done and then tell the manager above them that there is no problem and they get a pat on the back while i get a f***ing sore one .aarrrgggghhhhhh.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: it's all my fault.. sorry 'bout that

Post by Big Daz »

Whoever is saying that you HAVE to work your day off is the biggest bullshitter known to mankind, a complaint should be made to RM and CWU reps (senior if nesscary)
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: it's all my fault.. sorry 'bout that

Post by Lincox »

Take an audio tape in and get the bas---rd on tape and then send it off to the CWU and Higson. If they dont do anything about it go to press with it. These morons need sorting out once and for all. I would take delight in getting him the heave ho before christmas.
windjunky
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 Dec 2010, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: it's all my fault.. sorry 'bout that

Post by windjunky »

You people are awesome! I love these forums!
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: it's all my fault.. sorry 'bout that

Post by maisymoo04 »

jockstrapp wrote:
postghost wrote:Tell him you do not appreciate the fact that he swore at you and it is your right that you do not have to tolerate this language in any workplace.

Inform your union rep of the way the manager spoke to you asap.
Then stick in a grievance :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa (and watch him sh1t himself) :left: :left: :left:
ye i would love to be sittin there watchin him crap himself :left:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: it's all my fault.. sorry 'bout that

Post by music4essex »

About 15yrs ago I was Legal and medical rep in our del office, I asked the dom at the time for some information and he kept refusing this went on for about 3 weeks anyway we had a an argument and he swore at me, :no no but I had a witness at the time and put in a grievence, he was reprimanded big time, and eventually moved out of the office, senior cwu officials got involved,

I did have to watch my bag for a while but I always do the job properly :nana

Essex mum
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: it's all my fault.. sorry 'bout that

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Love the idea of taping a meeting Lincox :Applause Could you imagine the DIMs face if you pulled out a tape recorder in WTL? :crazy: Perhaps it should be standard procedure, after all most official meeting have some one taking minutes don't they? At least everyone wouldn't be arguing about what went on. In fact WHY don't they take minutes at WTL?

As I've mentioned before I'm sure it's a Management Tactic not to put anything in writing, Remember the written word is worth the paper it's written on! :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)