ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Any managers stop till last postie is back

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by krussel »

Caniel wrote:I remember Christmas 2008 I was in the Callers office

I think for me last year was e ven better. I had slipped on the ice and bruised my knee the day before xmas eve so i had agreed to take out half my round and then work the callers office as an assist. Well i got back from doing half at about 10.am and my knee was killing me :sad:
My caring manager comes up to me and says "glad your back, err change of plan could you take out the parcels the firm drivers have brought back" She walked me up the office where a york and half of parcels awaited :shock: "Oh great, where are the firms drivers?" i asked "oh they have finished" she replied. She then says " ive got to get off myself now as i need to go shopping with my husband and have a lot to do today" and she left :evil/mad

I loaded up the parcels and ended up working till nearly 1pm and was the last man to finish. :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
jarjar
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 03:41
Gender: Male

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by jarjar »

krussel wrote:
Caniel wrote:I remember Christmas 2008 I was in the Callers office

I think for me last year was e ven better. I had slipped on the ice and bruised my knee the day before xmas eve so i had agreed to take out half my round and then work the callers office as an assist. Well i got back from doing half at about 10.am and my knee was killing me :sad:
My caring manager comes up to me and says "glad your back, err change of plan could you take out the parcels the firm drivers have brought back" She walked me up the office where a york and half of parcels awaited :shock: "Oh great, where are the firms drivers?" i asked "oh they have finished" she replied. She then says " ive got to get off myself now as i need to go shopping with my husband and have a lot to do today" and she left :evil/mad

I loaded up the parcels and ended up working till nearly 1pm and was the last man to finish. :left:
Mate your a F@#@ING HERO....how was you knee after??
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by krussel »

jarjar wrote:
krussel wrote:
Caniel wrote:I remember Christmas 2008 I was in the Callers office

I think for me last year was e ven better. I had slipped on the ice and bruised my knee the day before xmas eve so i had agreed to take out half my round and then work the callers office as an assist. Well i got back from doing half at about 10.am and my knee was killing me :sad:
My caring manager comes up to me and says "glad your back, err change of plan could you take out the parcels the firm drivers have brought back" She walked me up the office where a york and half of parcels awaited :shock: "Oh great, where are the firms drivers?" i asked "oh they have finished" she replied. She then says " ive got to get off myself now as i need to go shopping with my husband and have a lot to do today" and she left :evil/mad

I loaded up the parcels and ended up working till nearly 1pm and was the last man to finish. :left:
Mate your a F@#@ING HERO....how was you knee after??
Iam no hero i was cursing all the way round :left:

My knee gave trouble for a few weeks after xmas and ended up at the docs taking anti flam tablets. I did a week of indoor work which helped quite a lot. :Very Happy
I was just as annoyed at the firms drivers who simply did their firms deliveries and went home, one was finished at 8.30 :shock: . I did lose a lot of respect for my manager that day.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
michris
Posts: 41
Joined: 06 Feb 2008, 18:36
Gender: Male
Location: where wife cant find me

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by michris »

a lot of our walks us the office as a base for toilet facilites
but on many occasions we find the place locked up
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by REDLETTER »

michris wrote:a lot of our walks us the office as a base for toilet facilites
but on many occasions we find the place locked up
Just do it on the floor just where the DIM parks! :crazy:
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by Caniel »

REDLETTER wrote:
michris wrote:a lot of our walks us the office as a base for toilet facilites
but on many occasions we find the place locked up
Just do it on the floor just where the DIM parks! :crazy:
Better yet do it ON the DIMs car :nana
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by DGP1 »

Caniel wrote:
REDLETTER wrote:
michris wrote:a lot of our walks us the office as a base for toilet facilites
but on many occasions we find the place locked up
Just do it on the floor just where the DIM parks! :crazy:
Better yet do it ON the DIM :nana
There fixed it for you :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
Caniel wrote:
REDLETTER wrote:
michris wrote:a lot of our walks us the office as a base for toilet facilites
but on many occasions we find the place locked up
Just do it on the floor just where the DIM parks! :crazy:
Better yet do it ON the DIM :nana
There fixed it for you :nervous
Yes, I knew you had a kinky streak DG :cuppa
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by OnAFlyer »

I doubt it today in my local DO, I had my mail at 6pm :crazy: It was -10 as well and had been pitch black for 2 hours with solid ice and loads of snow still on the ground. At least I got last weeks pay slip :chuckle
jarjar
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 03:41
Gender: Male

Re: Any managers stop till last postie is back

Post by jarjar »

krussel wrote:
jarjar wrote:
krussel wrote:
Caniel wrote:I remember Christmas 2008 I was in the Callers office

I think for me last year was e ven better. I had slipped on the ice and bruised my knee the day before xmas eve so i had agreed to take out half my round and then work the callers office as an assist. Well i got back from doing half at about 10.am and my knee was killing me :sad:
My caring manager comes up to me and says "glad your back, err change of plan could you take out the parcels the firm drivers have brought back" She walked me up the office where a york and half of parcels awaited :shock: "Oh great, where are the firms drivers?" i asked "oh they have finished" she replied. She then says " ive got to get off myself now as i need to go shopping with my husband and have a lot to do today" and she left :evil/mad

I loaded up the parcels and ended up working till nearly 1pm and was the last man to finish. :left:
Mate your a F@#@ING HERO....how was you knee after??
Iam no hero i was cursing all the way round :left:

My knee gave trouble for a few weeks after xmas and ended up at the docs taking anti flam tablets. I did a week of indoor work which helped quite a lot. :Very Happy
I was just as annoyed at the firms drivers who simply did their firms deliveries and went home, one was finished at 8.30 :shock: . I did lose a lot of respect for my manager that day.
I know what you mean it's a joke :shock: