wiganpostie wrote:I've been accused of knocking too loudly, knocking too quietly or not knocking at all. What we need is an industry-standard knock-o-meter, which would be like a gloved metal fist attached to a cantilever assembly, controlled by a knob which would vary the knocking intensity from "wake the deaf" to "curtain twitcher". And they could be sold in knocking shops.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Complaint against me!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Complaint against me!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Complaint against me!
I've had that as well from a grumpy guy. Threated to knock my head off for posting one of them little catalogues, he claimed it hit his dog on the head.Indy wrote:
Best of all one lady even accused me of killing her dog after I dropped a catalogue through the letter box on to its head!
On my round today as I posted a letter a dog came running from inside and managed to break the letter box-it's now hanging half off. I bet I get the blame despite the teeth marks.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Complaint against me!
I just tend to ignore it... the only thing that slightly concerns me is that my current manager SEEMS to believe that all us posties are liars and that the sun shines out of customers bums.... even when its obvious there side of the story can't possibly be true :(HTPostman wrote:I've had that as well from a grumpy guy. Threated to knock my head off for posting one of them little catalogues, he claimed it hit his dog on the head.Indy wrote:
Best of all one lady even accused me of killing her dog after I dropped a catalogue through the letter box on to its head!
On my round today as I posted a letter a dog came running from inside and managed to break the letter box-it's now hanging half off. I bet I get the blame despite the teeth marks.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Complaint against me!
Manager:Got a complaint
Me: Oh yeah! (reads complaint,hands it back to said manager and carries on prepping)
Manager:well?
Me:What?
Manager:Why didn't you knock? (loads of sniggers form colleagues near by)
Me:You're having a laugh aint ya,course i knocked,is this the 1st complaint you've dealt with?(loads of sniggers form colleagues near by)
Me: Oh yeah! (reads complaint,hands it back to said manager and carries on prepping)
Manager:well?
Me:What?
Manager:Why didn't you knock? (loads of sniggers form colleagues near by)
Me:You're having a laugh aint ya,course i knocked,is this the 1st complaint you've dealt with?(loads of sniggers form colleagues near by)
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Jimmcguinn
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 21:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Complaint against me!
A little off topic but - Does anyone else get aggro from customers confusing those grey surcharge cards for P739s?
Had a lady come rushing out to me the other day waving one of theses cards about(bit of a stuck-up cow tbh) and proceeded to give me a bit of a dressing down :
"Why did you put this through my letterbox!? You have something for me!?? Could you not knock or is there a problem with my doorbell or something??"
The art of reading is slowly but surely being lost.

Had a lady come rushing out to me the other day waving one of theses cards about(bit of a stuck-up cow tbh) and proceeded to give me a bit of a dressing down :
"Why did you put this through my letterbox!? You have something for me!?? Could you not knock or is there a problem with my doorbell or something??"
The art of reading is slowly but surely being lost.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Complaint against me!
Yup, ig time! its normally efffing this efffing that " I caught you this time! why didn't you ring my bell I'm going to complain and your going to lose your job you little sh*t grrrrr". I used to walk back and explain to them but the number of times they realised that they were wrong led to "fook off!" and a slammed door. Now I just stand a still and say/shout "Read it!" and repeat that until they realise still get the "Oh fook off" and door slammingJimmcguinn wrote:A little off topic but - Does anyone else get aggro from customers confusing those grey surcharge cards for P739s?
Had a lady come rushing out to me the other day waving one of theses cards about(bit of a stuck-up cow tbh) and proceeded to give me a bit of a dressing down :
"Why did you put this through my letterbox!? You have something for me!?? Could you not knock or is there a problem with my doorbell or something??"
The art of reading is slowly but surely being lost.![]()
Not sure if any they were delivered anywhere else in the country but BT had a mock-up of a 739 in red saying "come back to BT" that was terrible! the amount of abuse I got before people realised :( I think RM got them to change it but only to the colour green.... still got customer grief though
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Complaint against me!
Yup, ig time! its normally efffing this efffing that " I caught you this time! why didn't you ring my bell I'm going to complain and your going to lose your job you little sh*t grrrrr". I used to walk back and explain to them but the number of times they realised that they were wrong led to "fook off!" and a slammed door. Now I just stand a still and say/shout "Read it!" and repeat that until they realise still get the "Oh fook off" and door slammingJimmcguinn wrote:A little off topic but - Does anyone else get aggro from customers confusing those grey surcharge cards for P739s?
Had a lady come rushing out to me the other day waving one of theses cards about(bit of a stuck-up cow tbh) and proceeded to give me a bit of a dressing down :
"Why did you put this through my letterbox!? You have something for me!?? Could you not knock or is there a problem with my doorbell or something??"
The art of reading is slowly but surely being lost.![]()
Not sure if any they were delivered anywhere else in the country but BT had a mock-up of a 739 in red saying "come back to BT" that was terrible! the amount of abuse I got before people realised :( I think RM got them to change it but only to the colour green.... still got customer grief though
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Complaint against me!
Oh I don't know stokesy....he seems to keep himself busy..................I wonder what he'll just be doing nextstokes11eg wrote:How right! I regularly go to one mans door with those packets containing those cheap pills people buy. no matter what time I get there, I always get 'you got me off the toilet. I was making the toast. I was just getting up, I was just going out, I was just getitng shaved------------------------thank god I'm not married to him!