I worked in a DO where you had to take all the mail out with you, and if you thought you couldn't complete in time you had to "Stream" when you were out on the walk
It was pointed out to the DIM that we might as well leave it in the frame - BUT - he didn't like that idea, just in-case he had a visit from the Regulators who would have found an office full of delayed mail! You had to take it all out with you and then stream
Of course once you were out of the office it was too much trouble to "Stream" so the mail got delivered on OT
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder wrote:I worked in a DO where you had to take all the mail out with you, and if you thought you couldn't complete in time you had to "Stream" when you were out on the walk
It was pointed out to the DIM that we might as well leave it in the frame - BUT - he didn't like that idea, just in-case he had a visit from the Regulators who would have found an office full of delayed mail! You had to take it all out with you and then stream
Of course once you were out of the office it was too much trouble to "Stream" so the mail got delivered on OT
And if you brought it back then you'd have got done for 'wilful delay', ask for it in writing next time.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Agree with what you say DGP, 2 points though: 1) You'll never find any Management in the office when you come back in.
2) Have you ever managed to get a Manager to put ANYTHING in writing?
I had a long running disagreement with several Managers in one office and despite sending 8 or 9 letters (several of which were special delivery) not once did I get anything in writing! Makes you wonder if they're trained not to
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder wrote:Agree with what you say DGP, 2 points though: 1) You'll never find any Management in the office when you come back in.
2) Have you ever managed to get a Manager to put ANYTHING in writing?
I had a long running disagreement with several Managers in one office and despite sending 8 or 9 letters (several of which were special delivery) not once did I get anything in writing! Makes you wonder if they're trained not to
I doubt many of them can even write
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Dorset Plodder wrote:Agree with what you say DGP, 2 points though: 1) You'll never find any Management in the office when you come back in.
2) Have you ever managed to get a Manager to put ANYTHING in writing?
I had a long running disagreement with several Managers in one office and despite sending 8 or 9 letters (several of which were special delivery) not once did I get anything in writing! Makes you wonder if they're trained not to
Aye fair point, i might invest in one of those fancy phones that has a little bit of video record.
I don't stream, i just inform the managers that i will do my best to complete the walk (i'm a reserve), if i don't i just send the mail back. The problem lies with the managers making the walks uncompletable in the time required.