ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Advice needed re: absence + subsequent stage 1

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 877
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: Advice needed re: absence + subsequent stage 1

Post by mazza111 »

I received my sick record today, and it makes for interesting reading, have noted 2 mistakes on it, especially my knee injury that hasn't been noted as an AD (which is now obsolete) so surely a slip on wet leaves when you haven't been provided with adequate footwear would be classed as an industrial injury? Have had 3 absences due this same knee injury, but one is listed as an arm injury, doh! No difference eh?
femrep
Posts: 46
Joined: 22 Oct 2010, 07:33
Gender: Female

Re: Advice needed re: absence + subsequent stage 1

Post by femrep »

harry69 wrote:I was off sick for a day on Friday October 8th, and returned to work the next day (Saturday 9th). Nothing at all was said to me about my absence when I returned, let alone a manager conduct a return-to-work interview, until this morning, when I got a letter from a line manager which stated this absence had triggered stage 1. To say I wasn't best pleased is an understatement!

Anyway, surely I must be able to dispute this, seeing as the managers failed to conduct a return-to-work interview with me upon my return (as they've done before when I've been off sick)? How can it be right that it's taken this long for them to do anything about it?

Apparently I've got an 'interview' with the personnel manager tomorrow morning, but I'm seriously considering refusing to attend or sign anything, as they've failed to follow procedure. I couldn't find the office rep this morning to ask for his advice, so I thought I'd ask on here if I have a case for challenging what, in my eyes, is a failure of the management's.
I checked this one recently, there is no time limit on return to work, but within a reasonable time is good practice, and even if you don't have a return to work then you can still trigger a stage 1 interview. Not having a return to work doesn't affect stage interviews.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed re: absence + subsequent stage 1

Post by Theghost »

No return to work interviews,How can you be expected to know what is required for attendance procedure?
Thats what i said and it was squashed.
femrep
Posts: 46
Joined: 22 Oct 2010, 07:33
Gender: Female

Re: Advice needed re: absence + subsequent stage 1

Post by femrep »

Theghost wrote:No return to work interviews,How can you be expected to know what is required for attendance procedure?
Thats what i said and it was squashed.
Thats what I said, and you should know the attendance procedure apparently