ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Should I take all the D2Ds
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
Me - I would do them, but if that meant having to stream the mail that day or cut off, then that's what would happen.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
Last week on my day off usual cover was on hols, the bloke they put on my walk cut off and dim finished walk off, yep you guessed it, he didn't take any D2Ds and even brought back some mail. I just collected them up threw them in a tray, did my share so I've nothing to worry about.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
Did you throw the mail he brought back in a tray as well?dblad wrote:Last week on my day off usual cover was on hols, the bloke they put on my walk cut off and dim finished walk off, yep you guessed it, he didn't take any D2Ds and even brought back some mail. I just collected them up threw them in a tray, did my share so I've nothing to worry about.
Is there a difference between different types of live mail in your DO?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
ashadd
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
If they do try and make you deliver them then so be it, BUT !....the limit , as of now is five d2d items, as far as i know, per day and going up to six items in January.So if you have your own 5 to do and say last weeks 5 d2d there is no way they can fit in your fitting. Plus the time to prep them and deliver them. ME....i would bang them all in and leave the bottom row, think of the bag weights aswell...

I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
-
ashadd
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
But it is still only one sixth per day ....ashadd wrote:If they do try and make you deliver them then so be it, BUT !....the limit , as of now is five d2d items, as far as i know, per day and going up to six items in January.So if you have your own 5 to do and say last weeks 5 d2d there is no way they can fit in your fitting. Plus the time to prep them and deliver them. ME....i would bang them all in and leave the bottom row, think of the bag weights aswell...![]()
![]()
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
1/6 th per day gospel. Any problem is not your problem, You ain't paid to sort out problems 
Bye
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
Good call Clash!clashcityrocker wrote:Did you throw the mail he brought back in a tray as well?dblad wrote:Last week on my day off usual cover was on hols, the bloke they put on my walk cut off and dim finished walk off, yep you guessed it, he didn't take any D2Ds and even brought back some mail. I just collected them up threw them in a tray, did my share so I've nothing to worry about.
Is there a difference between different types of live mail in your DO?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dejavu
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 16:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
Thanks for your comments and thanks for the link Postman, I've got some numbers from that.
Just see what happens tomoz. I'm sure it won't be that bad and they'll have been done
Just take it as it comes 
Just see what happens tomoz. I'm sure it won't be that bad and they'll have been done
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
mate dont worry about theres more important things goin on then D2D they wont be arsed pal 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
Refuse to do them definitely, but as fishtank says cover your backside. Make sure you point out to the managers that they were left by someone else and if they have a problem with them being left, give them to the people that were supposed to do them or stick them up thier monkey butts. Either way they are not your responsiblity if they have been left by some lazy gobshite! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
They may well have been left by some poor unfortunate sod, drafted in from another office, completely unfamiliar with the area and expected to complete a delivery.
So what happened dejavu?
So what happened dejavu?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
I refer you to your previous post and i say,so fecking what.clashcityrocker wrote:They may well have been left by some poor unfortunate sod, drafted in from another office, completely unfamiliar with the area and expected to complete a delivery.
So what happened dejavu?
Where is your avatar,ha! wrote:Did you throw the mail he brought back in a tray as well?
Is there a difference between different types of live mail in your DO?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
He may not have been a lazy gobshite but a poor sod who turned up in a DO to take out a walk and no D2D had been prepped for him by the lazy gobshite full timer who was desperate to get out 10 minutes early.
I didn't like the assumption that the person who failed to do the D2D was a lazy gobshite.
That's fecking what.
And I refer you to your previous post:
Good call Clash!
I didn't like the assumption that the person who failed to do the D2D was a lazy gobshite.
That's fecking what.
And I refer you to your previous post:
Good call Clash!
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
Ha,anyways,i'm not reffering to the actual postie who delivered the duty (or youclashcityrocker wrote:He may not have been a lazy gobshite but a poor sod who turned up in a DO to take out a walk and no D2D had been prepped for him by the lazy gobshite full timer who was desperate to get out 10 minutes early.
I didn't like the assumption that the person who failed to do the D2D was a lazy gobshite.
That's fecking what.
And I refer you to your previous post:
Good call Clash!
Moving on,i hear that 2 screws have been sacked up north for D2D failings and that was from my line manager,someone on here posted about a possible suspension of a screw in north london for the same thing,and i know 100% from a mate at another london DO that another screw has been suspended for it.
These muppets better watch their backs.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dejavu
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 16:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Should I take all the D2Ds
Ended up day off cover had done the round Monday and Tuesday so knows the round well. There was loads of D2Ds left in the frame for the bit he's meant to do on my day off. When I asked him which bit of the round had been done he muttered he hadn't bothered doin any Monday and done his usual bit Tuesday. So in reality he had done hardly any. He is a lazy s**t who uses his car to then run round to get done as soon as poss and gets away with loads. Our boss who isn't a manager didn't really speak to me so my plan is to do my pecentage of D2Ds, then dump the rest with the spares to go back. If I get questioned about them I'll tell him why they're there if he does'nt I'll say nothing. Really thinking now why should I care about it.
Found out that while I was off though my round did'nt go out for upto 4 days at a time sometimes, then most of the time it was every other day, so D2Ds did'nt get all taken then either. That was for 4 weeks. RM really is one big cock-up
Found out that while I was off though my round did'nt go out for upto 4 days at a time sometimes, then most of the time it was every other day, so D2Ds did'nt get all taken then either. That was for 4 weeks. RM really is one big cock-up