ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Medical advice/guidance needed

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:Reality,what meds are you taking?I use Diclofenac,it works very well for me,near enough takes everything away.
:Very Happy 75mg :crazy: :crazy: :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by Stormproof »

Voltarol Gel & Co-codamol 30/500's will see you right Image
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by stokes11eg »

:sad: OR, injections into the joint, normally lasts for eight weeks.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by POSTMAN »

realitybites wrote:I thought gout at one time but this is constant, not in bouts.

I was thinking, if it was deemed to fall under DDA but there was no alternative job for me, where would it go from there.
You haven't answered,are you on any meds,don't go looking for DDA and whatever until you've explored other avenues,like keeping it under control like the rest of us have.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
realitybites
Posts: 435
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by realitybites »

Sorry, should have said, started off with Ibuprofen which didn't really do a lot and then went on to Naproxen which was better at suppressing the pain but not entirely. Tried Diclofenac but just made me tired, probably did take the pain away but I was too tired to notice. Still taking Naproxen which does ease it but still interferes with my performance.
realitybites
Posts: 435
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by realitybites »

Injections and tablets to hold down a job! I know professional athletes do it but they do it for a few quid more than we get, what is this job coming to. :roll:
chuckychucks
Posts: 97
Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 15:58
Gender: Male

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by chuckychucks »

delete
Last edited by chuckychucks on 10 Aug 2013, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by TeeferTiger »

Don't worry.

I'm taking medication for this Neuralgia thing I've got and reading the side effects (and having most of them) is quite scary.

I'm asleep half the day (which suits me because that's the only time my head doesn't hurt!), feel confused, a little unsteady/sort of dizzy sometimes and I have absolutely no idea what day it is. Then again, I only ever knew it was Sunday because my alarm for work didn't go off :crazy:

You have to decide really which is the lesser of 2 evils. Medicines nowadays tend to just treat the symptoms though and not the cause. I'm having to have further investigation to find the trigger for my headaches, but initially, the Drs were just happy to give me nerve suppressing drugs to tell the nerve that there wasn't any pain, rather than finding out why the nerve was saying it was in pain in the first place.

With the type of arthritis that affects the feet (like I mentioned I've got but doesn't really flare up too badly), it's a bit more difficult. It's not as though you can just stop using your foot is it?! It's going to be trial and error with the meds and finding one that suits you. There are lots of drugs out there, do a little research on google etc and see what other people have said they used and suited them. You may find something more natural that supplements one of the milder drugs, and works for you.

Good luck and take it easy :)
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by DGP1 »

It does make you think that cannabis might be better for most people than the expensive hard drugs the big drug companies sell.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Medical advice/guidance needed

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:It does make you think that cannabis might be better for most people than the expensive hard drugs the big drug companies sell.
Free prescriptions in Wales!! :dance :dance :dance :dance

Although, I've never smoked anything in my life, never even held a lit cigarette so I don't think that would be an option for me.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?