ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Test Letters.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BernardBresslaw
Posts: 381
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
Gender: Male

Re: Test Letters.

Post by BernardBresslaw »

I notice recently that I have started getting a lot of letters from the council, for people who have moved and have a re-direction in place - the DNR ones. Is this just coincidence, or some kind of test too? Testing redirection failures?
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Test Letters.

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

BernardBresslaw wrote:I notice recently that I have started getting a lot of letters from the council, for people who have moved and have a re-direction in place - the DNR ones. Is this just coincidence, or some kind of test too? Testing redirection failures?
Coincidence I expect.

Test letters are specific, and always perfectly/correctly addressed.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Test Letters.

Post by clashcityrocker »

BernardBresslaw wrote:I notice recently that I have started getting a lot of letters from the council, for people who have moved and have a re-direction in place - the DNR ones. Is this just coincidence, or some kind of test too? Testing redirection failures?
They do send out test letters.
They are paying for the DNR service, they obviously want to check they are getting value for money.
The test letters have a slightly lighter green chevron and the return address is somewhere in the Midlands.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Test Letters.

Post by janitor »

we had test letter failures mentioned in our work time learning. Apparently one came in at 0630 every saturday left the office at 0640 but never arrived till the tuesday. DOM didn't know Name Address or Duty but this went on for over a month then WTL stopped so not sure if it was cleared up. They are scanned in and out by those things hanging over the doors.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Test Letters.

Post by eastie »

Will it show what time they are being delivered and how long the postie has been doing his round :whistle
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Test Letters.

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:Image

RFIDs can be very small so unless RM are using 90's ones then I don't know how you can spot them (unless you have a list of the addresses they're going to :hmmmm ).
Blood and sand dg you shouldn't be putting pictures like that on here, it is a family site after all :angel