ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

OVERTIME & FAVOURITSIM

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: OVERTIME & FAVOURITSIM

Post by krussel »

I was asked 4 times today if i wanted OT (which i no longer do) and was offered 5 hours for working half my rest day :Very Happy

The fact is that with absorbtion every day no one but the hardened docket kings want it :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
blade8t1
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Jul 2010, 23:33
Gender: Male

Re: OVERTIME & FAVOURITSIM

Post by blade8t1 »

Theres a guy at our place that has been with us 3 years,still on 25 hour contract,yet he gets given a 40 hour walk to cover every week.plus he does his day off and half/full walk extra a day.He does literally everything and anything the DOM's ask for.This has gone on for nearly 2 years now whilst others are being turned away.It used to really get to me because im on 30hours and have been for last 5 years.so a couple of years back I was desperate for extra hours.I asked,asked and asked some more yet couldnt get anything,meanwhile this guys pulling in 60 hours plus on a friday payslip(and still is).So I brought it to the reps attention after about 3 months of this.He had a work with DOM and got me 6 hours the following week, Then,,,,,back down to no overtime(what a crock!)I was later told by my DOM that and I quote"People scratch my back,and I scratch theirs" this was my interpretation of this"you kiss my arse,and i'll kiss yours lol".to which I said forget it!.We have recently had a new manager(well,,a year ago)and she actually thought this part time lad was a full timer with a lot more seniority over me,due to the hours he currently works.Its a joke!,when the full timers get called in for WTL(when this actually happens)He's the first one in the back.How can one person get such a large slice of pie,when others get f-kall?.I dont drive anymore so dont really need the overtime now.so I take great pleasure in telling them to go jump if they dare ask.I work bang to my time,wont go over by a minute!.Absorbsion?only if I know for certain I have time to do it.Im not the only person taking this stance too,DOM's are rapidly running out of overtimers to cover walks and even absorbsions.Funny as hell when their normal guys arn't there to cover,and they come creeping upto your frame for you to say NO! I only scratch the backs of people that scratch mine lol. :nana :nana :nana