ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
"............."
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
some get annoyed when I wake them to deliver parcels, FFS they ordered it
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: "............."
And then if you didn't knock hard enough to wake them and left them a P739, they'd be p*ssed off with you because you left a docket when they were in.windermeredave wrote:some get annoyed when I wake them to deliver parcels, FFS they ordered it
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
viking
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 13 Sep 2009, 21:22
- Gender: Female
Re: "............."
Never mind the public, what about some work colleagues! There are numerous posties at our office that cant even be bothered to say "morning" when you speak to them when you come in to work in the morning. But speaking of the public if i have to hand over anything to anyone on the doorstep i dont let go of it until they have said thankyou and i keep repeating it until they do. Makes them really annoyed. 
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: "............."
I usually have a patter at the door, so it's rare that a customer doesn't say anything in response, but what gets my goat is people on the phone, trying to continue the convo while I'm at the door, and failing pay any attention to me or where I want them to print or sign....FFS, it's something you've ordered, paid extra for SD or RD, the phone call won't end if you pause it for a minute, just tell the other person "Can you wait a minute, the postman is at the door & I need to sign for something." That's all you need to do, it would be nice if you say "Hello" to me, or "Thanks", but in the circumstances, it's not important, I'll be happy if you sign, print, take your signed for and mail, then return to your call, and close your door.
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
jessthecat
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 15:47
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
I deliver to one business on an industrial estate, and every morning I say hello to the fat bloke behind the counter, and never get a reply. Last week, I did the usual, and on the way out, I passed a customer going in. I said to him, 'If your going in there, take some happy pills, coz they sure as f*ck need them!! He laughed, and must have said something to them, because when I got back to the office, there was a note from the boss saying he'll see me in the morning! We had a little chat the next day, and he found it highly amusing!! And the fat bloke now says morning!!!
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
It's incredible the number of businesses fronted by employees with non-existent interpersonal skills, the kind of people who barely manage to raise a grunt when you hand them their mail. There's an asian lady who ran a corner shop on a duty I did for a while, and every morning I greeted her, but she would never reply. Some days she wouldn't even look at me, just hold out her hand for her mail. Mind you she did have a younger, prettier assistant who was always smiley and happy to see me, so that made up for itjessthecat wrote:I deliver to one business on an industrial estate, and every morning I say hello to the fat bloke behind the counter, and never get a reply. Last week, I did the usual, and on the way out, I passed a customer going in. I said to him, 'If your going in there, take some happy pills, coz they sure as f*ck need them!! He laughed, and must have said something to them, because when I got back to the office, there was a note from the boss saying he'll see me in the morning! We had a little chat the next day, and he found it highly amusing!! And the fat bloke now says morning!!!
-
ashadd
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
Mr Blonde wrote:*knock knock*
"Hi there, you've got a recorded delivery, can you print your name here and sign here please".
*prints*
*signs*
*takes RD, letters etc*
*shuts door*
--------------
Not a word!
Ignorant c***.
Anyone else get this and feel like putting their foot through the door like I do?
And when they keep your effin pen, does"nt it just ruin your day.......
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
-
Doone
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 18:14
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
Maybe he knew you used your CAR... 
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
I very often get this when I work in the callers office, people come in talking on their mobiles and just hand over the card, can you think of anything more impolite?...I just sit there and wait or if someone else comes in I will serve them first.smokerjim wrote:I usually have a patter at the door, so it's rare that a customer doesn't say anything in response, but what gets my goat is people on the phone, trying to continue the convo while I'm at the door, and failing pay any attention to me or where I want them to print or sign....FFS, it's something you've ordered, paid extra for SD or RD, the phone call won't end if you pause it for a minute, just tell the other person "Can you wait a minute, the postman is at the door & I need to sign for something." That's all you need to do, it would be nice if you say "Hello" to me, or "Thanks", but in the circumstances, it's not important, I'll be happy if you sign, print, take your signed for and mail, then return to your call, and close your door.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: "............."
It is extremely rude.windermeredave wrote:I very often get this when I work in the callers office, people come in talking on their mobiles and just hand over the card, can you think of anything more impolite?...I just sit there and wait or if someone else comes in I will serve them first.smokerjim wrote:I usually have a patter at the door, so it's rare that a customer doesn't say anything in response, but what gets my goat is people on the phone, trying to continue the convo while I'm at the door, and failing pay any attention to me or where I want them to print or sign....FFS, it's something you've ordered, paid extra for SD or RD, the phone call won't end if you pause it for a minute, just tell the other person "Can you wait a minute, the postman is at the door & I need to sign for something." That's all you need to do, it would be nice if you say "Hello" to me, or "Thanks", but in the circumstances, it's not important, I'll be happy if you sign, print, take your signed for and mail, then return to your call, and close your door.
Even more rude when they say "It's the postMAN". I'M NOT A MAN!! (I'm not a number, I am a free (wo)man!)
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
Ouch!Doone wrote:Maybe he knew you used your CAR...
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
Even worse is when there on the phone and say"sorry its JUST the postman", or "its ONLY the postman".
-
dejavu
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 16:05
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
Knock on door then wait 10 minutes while he comes to the door just to say he'll go and get the key for the door
Why do they do that? Come to the door with no key to then tell you they're gonna get the key, DIPSHIT
Me; Got a recorded delivery for you, can you print and sign your name here please?
Bloke; (in an abrupt manner) What is it and whos it from? (as he scans over the item not wanting to touch it, as if hes important and gonna refuse it)
Me; How the feck do I know, its for you not me, youve ordered it, so stop wasting my fecking time and sign it.
Maybe its the job or just me that I get wound up easy but our customers certainly don't help
Me; Got a recorded delivery for you, can you print and sign your name here please?
Bloke; (in an abrupt manner) What is it and whos it from? (as he scans over the item not wanting to touch it, as if hes important and gonna refuse it)
Me; How the feck do I know, its for you not me, youve ordered it, so stop wasting my fecking time and sign it.
Maybe its the job or just me that I get wound up easy but our customers certainly don't help
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
That really bothers me, people spend five minutes trying to find the key, then give up ask you to pass it to the through the window, how would these people get out if there was a fire. I delivered a parcel once some one came and shouted through the letter box that they didn't live there was just staying a few days and didn't have any keys, couldn't open any door or windows, how the f**k they meant to get out in an emergency.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
Had a pkt for a guy the other day, caught him just on his way out... "oh well at least that saves me yet another trip to your depot to collect it myself" he said very sarcastically with no thank you at all.
Couple of days later while sat around waiting for the 2nd lorry to turn up I decided to nip out and get rid of a few pkts at 7.30... knocked on his door, he eventually answers mumbles something about "what time do you call this" snatches the pkt off me and shuts the door in my face....
We really cant win with these miserable, ungrateful tossers
Couple of days later while sat around waiting for the 2nd lorry to turn up I decided to nip out and get rid of a few pkts at 7.30... knocked on his door, he eventually answers mumbles something about "what time do you call this" snatches the pkt off me and shuts the door in my face....
We really cant win with these miserable, ungrateful tossers