Every office has them i'm afraid, we have 1 guy who preps his mail with both hands, God knows how he manages it but he does, A few of these guys just dont get ithantsman wrote:And there lies the problem within RM if the above is true!bensonhedge wrote:2hrs 30mins on average,i am a bit of a runner though! Like to be home for 12,cup of tea and a snooze.wake up about 2 when am supposed to be finishinglr73 wrote:Reason I ask is I have 470 houses with long drives, lots of letters and parcels and takes me forever. What is reasonable?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How long is your walk?
-
lazyjack
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 12 Apr 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: How long is your walk?
THOSE RESPONSIBLE SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
I did a round today, took me 1hr 21mins, I timed it, then I cycled to my absorbtion and did that, took me 13 mins in total so 1hr 34mins in total today, yes it was a very light tuesday but ffs..............yesterday I did a van share 2 round job (1 rural and 1 town) and it took me and my colleague 4 hrs..........so I ask....where is the logic in that, or more importantly the fairness, these managers haven't got a clue how to sort out rounds, they just go by what Google Maps or Pegasus tells/told them, in reality it's bulls**t!
When will they learn it's us, the posties on the street who have the knowledge to get these things sorted out correctly, the round I did today is a joke, absolute joke!!! lol
When will they learn it's us, the posties on the street who have the knowledge to get these things sorted out correctly, the round I did today is a joke, absolute joke!!! lol
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: How long is your walk?
Problem is there a lot of old duffers on piss easy walks that like to maintain the illusion that "their" walk is heavy as f**k and takes ages when it's nothing but bullshit. Some of them in my office even have their frames deliberately laid out in a mess so that when someone covers it they can't get finished until gone 3pm. There's one old dead beat in my office who's walk I used to cover on his rest day, easy as hell his walk is. I used to be finished before 12 Monday - Friday (back when it was 5am start and job n finish still existed) and finished before 9 on a Saturday! He regularly changes his frame around to be awkward and moaned so much about his walking being heavy that 1/3 of his delivery has been taken off now.
It's all well and good moaning about the runners and the fliers but people like that ^^ are just as bad they don't care about anyone else and just look out for number 1.
It's all well and good moaning about the runners and the fliers but people like that ^^ are just as bad they don't care about anyone else and just look out for number 1.
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: How long is your walk?
So you think you'll find those walks just as easy as YOU approach retirement?
I think not!
I think not!
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
floydy
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
I cannot believe some of the fooking bollox i'm reading on this thread, anyone who gets more than 1 flyer a week is a runner and i hope this new agreement ruins it for the lot of em'....selfish tossers
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
I get at least 3 flyers a week, a few weeks ago never worked past 12 o clock.
And I know that soon those flyers will go, great, so will cars on delivery, coming in early and carrying 9 bags at a time, none of those I do.
So I'll make the most out of the flyers I have left, thank you very much.
And I know that soon those flyers will go, great, so will cars on delivery, coming in early and carrying 9 bags at a time, none of those I do.
So I'll make the most out of the flyers I have left, thank you very much.
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: How long is your walk?
I'm getting on, fat, unfit and just had a hip replacement. I do a walk in 2.30.
If I can do it, then anyone who can't either has a broken leg or is a lazy waster. About time we didn't have to carry these muppets any longer.
If I can do it, then anyone who can't either has a broken leg or is a lazy waster. About time we didn't have to carry these muppets any longer.
-
floydy
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
Your walks are way too small obviously
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
If you start weeding out the muppets bigcol eventually you come to the fat,unfit guys with hip replacements.bigcol wrote:I'm getting on, fat, unfit and just had a hip replacement. I do a walk in 2.30.
If I can do it, then anyone who can't either has a broken leg or is a lazy waster. About time we didn't have to carry these muppets any longer.
If you want to turn this job into a sporting event that's fine as long as you are sure you will make the starting eleven.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
floydy
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
mclovin wrote:I get at least 3 flyers a week, a few weeks ago never worked past 12 o clock.
And I know that soon those flyers will go, great, so will cars on delivery, coming in early and carrying 9 bags at a time, none of those I do.
So I'll make the most out of the flyers I have left, thank you very much.
If you never work past 12 you never had 9 bags,
cue the bullshit
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: How long is your walk?
ALL walks are 3.5 hours AND EQUAL
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
floydy
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
post_bitch wrote:ALL walks are 3.5 hours AND EQUAL
Not in Mclovin and Bigcol's cases
i fear there may be job losses in their respective offices come the new agreement, and who could argue with Royal Mail when the walks are clearly WAY too small
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
lr73 wrote:the time i get it i will be leaving to go back to uni, guess they think everyone is dying to get a job and willing to be worked into the ground. yes i have a mortgage but value my family and health more. im not afraid of hard work but get more than a bit peeved off knowing others in the office are finshed by 2 at the very latest. put the newbie on the crap walk that nobody wants, everyone i have spoke to has said its a bad walk.
You'll find that you get up to speed just as you are going back to uni. It took me about three months to get up to the speed of the rest of the office, and some walks I was taking 5 hours to complete - but that was four years ago when booking overtime wasn't a problem, and the lino didn't hide the docket down the front of his underpants.
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
At 100% it 3.30.
Why would I want to be walking round the streets when I could be in the house at 12.30 with me feet up.
And I said I didnt carry 9 bags at a time, please keep up.
Usually around 6 per day.
Like I said, when the revision comes all duties will be equal, then what will the slow posties do??
They'll be weeded out.
Heres one for ya, I finished on Monday at 1300, first letter was 09.40, had a letter for every address, 640 calls in total.
Bloke on another delivery 600 calls, but just the average monday for him, probably hitting 75% call rate, he had 4 bags, same time first letter.
Now he's not unfit, in fact he did the Great North Run a couple years back, but admits he just wanders around in an amble, he finished 12.50.
Sorry but thats just unacceptable.
Why would I want to be walking round the streets when I could be in the house at 12.30 with me feet up.
And I said I didnt carry 9 bags at a time, please keep up.
Usually around 6 per day.
Like I said, when the revision comes all duties will be equal, then what will the slow posties do??
They'll be weeded out.
Heres one for ya, I finished on Monday at 1300, first letter was 09.40, had a letter for every address, 640 calls in total.
Bloke on another delivery 600 calls, but just the average monday for him, probably hitting 75% call rate, he had 4 bags, same time first letter.
Now he's not unfit, in fact he did the Great North Run a couple years back, but admits he just wanders around in an amble, he finished 12.50.
Sorry but thats just unacceptable.
-
floydy
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
mclovin wrote:At 100% it 3.30.
Why would I want to be walking round the streets when I could be in the house at 12.30 with me feet up.
And I said I didnt carry 9 bags at a time, please keep up.
Usually around 6 per day.
Like I said, when the revision comes all duties will be equal, then what will the slow posties do??
They'll be weeded out.
Heres one for ya, I finished on Monday at 1300, first letter was 09.40, had a letter for every address, 640 calls in total.
Bloke on another delivery 600 calls, but just the average monday for him, probably hitting 75% call rate, he had 4 bags, same time first letter.
Now he's not unfit, in fact he did the Great North Run a couple years back, but admits he just wanders around in an amble, he finished 12.50.
Sorry but thats just unacceptable.
Priceless Mclovin
Your office sounds great, all helping out timing each other....well 2012 is just round the corner Linford, up the tempo you might get the nod