ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Redirection FAIL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by fishtank »

DGP1 wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:I know someone who delivered a divider. The big heavy green plastic divider that makes up the slots on a frame. :crazy:
:oops:
I've done that too, not actually delivered it but brought it out and felt like a complete idiot when I found it :nervous
Same here,always on those busy days when you can't see the frame for Sky mags.
Never delivered one either though.... :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by dvbuk55 »

C'mon boys, lets not blame the the tools here, well actually lets blame the tools - I mean I worked on those fittings for a number of years and never once pulled out a divider with the mail, took it out or delivered it - you lads must have been "chasing time" :whistle :chuckle :chuckle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:C'mon boys, lets not blame the the tools here, well actually lets blame the tools - I mean I worked on those fittings for a number of years and never once pulled out a divider with the mail, took it out or delivered it - you lads must have been "chasing time" :whistle :chuckle :chuckle
You've never complained about my tools before :wink: :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:C'mon boys, lets not blame the the tools here, well actually lets blame the tools - I mean I worked on those fittings for a number of years and never once pulled out a divider with the mail, took it out or delivered it - you lads must have been "chasing time" :whistle :chuckle :chuckle
You've never complained about my tools before :wink: :nervous
:shhhhh Blabbermouth. :chuckle
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by music4essex »

I had a bit of a failure this morning
I thought I would go out an deliver my part of a lapsed duty before late mail came in
Got to this house and had a recorded letter, but had no recorded special sign docket sheet,
I knocked and thought i would get them to sign the P739 anyway there was no answer so thought I would write a docket out which i did , but I also inadvertedly pushed the letters and docket plus the sighned for letter, thru the letterbox upon returning to the office realized my mistake but decided to see what happens come monday morning.

I just say I was thinking about posting the letter to the house where the dog attacked me and hopefully might get away with it( probably not) :oops:

Essex mum :nervous
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by dvbuk55 »

music4essex wrote:I had a bit of a failure this morning
I thought I would go out an deliver my part of a lapsed duty before late mail came in
Got to this house and had a recorded letter, but had no recorded special sign docket sheet,
I knocked and thought i would get them to sign the P739 anyway there was no answer so thought I would write a docket out which i did , but I also inadvertedly pushed the letters and docket plus the sighned for letter, thru the letterbox upon returning to the office realized my mistake but decided to see what happens come monday morning.

I just say I was thinking about posting the letter to the house where the dog attacked me and hopefully might get away with it( probably not) :oops:

Essex mum :nervous
Don't be nervous E Mum, say nothing, plead ignorance if challenged, unless the customer complains, only you know so keep it that way.
DemonPostie
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by DemonPostie »

After a long night, I once delivered the recorded letter, the docket I'd just filled out, the card they were supposed to sign, AND my pen, all through a door. To make matters worse, it wasn't even the door the letter was addressed to.

That made me feel quite dumb.
SF
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
Gender: Male
Location: Midlands.

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by SF »

DemonPostie wrote:After a long night, I once delivered the recorded letter, the docket I'd just filled out, the card they were supposed to sign, AND my pen, all through a door. To make matters worse, it wasn't even the door the letter was addressed to.

That made me feel quite dumb.
Stuff like that is easy to do in this job IMO. You handle so many different pieces of paper it's not hard to shove the wrong one throug the door.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by Lounge Lizard »

At times I've had redirections for just two addresses with some days no mail for the named people :Very Happy so in such cases forgetting would not have mattered. :Very Happy
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by mclovin »

Gaffer once accused me of not doing the lapsing redirections after a complaint (last year I threw it in most days), and the redirect was on my slice of lapsing so no excuse could be made.

I was sure I'd done them every single day, 100% positive.

A week later it turned out there was 2 for the same address but different names and the PHG had pulled out the wrong.

No apology, no bollocking for the Postman Heavier Gut.
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by music4essex »

we have had a redirection failure and the customer wrote to the chairman complaining

It turns out that the lino had done it once forgot to do it, and another postie who I share prepping the walk with whoever preps the letters the other does the packests and redirections and this is alternated round each week, I did say to my dom I will hold my hands up if it was me but don't drag me into it if not.

still as my previos post said I may have dropped a b********x so now my dilemma will be do I own up lol

Essex mum
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by krussel »

music4essex wrote:dropped a b********x so now my dilemma will be do I own up lol
I would ONLY if the customer complains though. Normally as long as the letter is delivered then thats all that counts to most folk. Mind you there's always the odd one :d'oh!
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Redirection FAIL

Post by dvbuk55 »

music4essex wrote:we have had a redirection failure and the customer wrote to the chairman complaining

It turns out that the lino had done it once forgot to do it, and another postie who I share prepping the walk with whoever preps the letters the other does the packests and redirections and this is alternated round each week, I did say to my dom I will hold my hands up if it was me but don't drag me into it if not.

still as my previos post said I may have dropped a b********x so now my dilemma will be do I own up lol

Essex mum
And the answer is no - innocent until found out.