Plus will Pro~Rata go out the window over the Christmas Weeks since all Part~Timers work F/T hours over the 2 weeks leading up to Xmas....?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
-
PostieWithTheMostie!
- Posts: 322
- Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 18:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Had a CWU letter in my Frame last week with the slogan on the bottom of the letter saying ' Because your worth more ' the recipient wasn't a Postie, but hey the Union don't think we're worth more eh..?
Plus will Pro~Rata go out the window over the Christmas Weeks since all Part~Timers work F/T hours over the 2 weeks leading up to Xmas....?
Plus will Pro~Rata go out the window over the Christmas Weeks since all Part~Timers work F/T hours over the 2 weeks leading up to Xmas....?
-
lefty
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
What I can't get my head round is this.
Full time wage plus supplement diveded by 40 is a higher hourly rate than say my 32 hours plus supplement divided by 32. Is that actually legal
? Not according to part time worker legislation it isn't.
Also if it is a 'delivery' supplement what to do with delivery do I actually do less? I prep and take out the same amount of mail. I prep and take out the same amount of D2D items. I work the same amount of days per week. Something stinks.
Full time wage plus supplement diveded by 40 is a higher hourly rate than say my 32 hours plus supplement divided by 32. Is that actually legal
? Not according to part time worker legislation it isn't.
Also if it is a 'delivery' supplement what to do with delivery do I actually do less? I prep and take out the same amount of mail. I prep and take out the same amount of D2D items. I work the same amount of days per week. Something stinks.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Because Supplement is separate from basic pay,that's why it's called a supplement.lefty wrote:What I can't get my head round is this.
Full time wage plus supplement diveded by 40 is a higher hourly rate than say my 32 hours plus supplement divided by 32. Is that actually legal
? Not according to part time worker legislation it isn't.
Also if it is a 'delivery' supplement what to do with delivery do I actually do less? I prep and take out the same amount of mail. I prep and take out the same amount of D2D items. I work the same amount of days per week. Something stinks.
Can you get your head round this,you get 51.5p an hour supplement exactly the same as someone on 40 hour contract or someone on a 20 hour contract,seems fair to me.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
lefty
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Indeed. However looking at it that is basically our wage for the week, and will be the same all year....
So essentially two hourly rates for the same job. The only difference being hours worked. Ridiculous and unfair. I do the same 'delivery' as everyone else.
So essentially two hourly rates for the same job. The only difference being hours worked. Ridiculous and unfair. I do the same 'delivery' as everyone else.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Well there are some that don't do any delivery at all and get more than you.
Bet that totally seems mindbending
Bet that totally seems mindbending
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
lefty
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
I actually don't mind that. As if they were to be put on delivery they would have to do it all.
I just can't abide by this doing the same for less situation. It is grinding at me and the legality of it is questionable.
I just can't abide by this doing the same for less situation. It is grinding at me and the legality of it is questionable.
-
banner18
- Posts: 636
- Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
The supplement needs to be built into basic pay to avoid all this confusion.
The new system is completely fair, it is just a shame that in order to make it fair, some people have lost money and some have gained. The problem is that RM would have had to have found new money to achieve this as well as building D2D into workload, was always very unlikely.
The new system is completely fair, it is just a shame that in order to make it fair, some people have lost money and some have gained. The problem is that RM would have had to have found new money to achieve this as well as building D2D into workload, was always very unlikely.
-
countyboy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Sorry to be pedantic (or just thick !) but how can we be doing the same for less if noone gets paid for D2D anymore,,,?lefty wrote:I actually don't mind that. As if they were to be put on delivery they would have to do it all.
I just can't abide by this doing the same for less situation. It is grinding at me and the legality of it is questionable.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Ok then here is my last opinion on matter.
Old way of payment for d2d,1 guy has a 3.30 delivery with 400 houses, 2nd guy has 3.30 delivery with 600 houses.
Now they both do same delivery length but guy 2 gets more money.
Did that stick in your throat
Old way of payment for d2d,1 guy has a 3.30 delivery with 400 houses, 2nd guy has 3.30 delivery with 600 houses.
Now they both do same delivery length but guy 2 gets more money.
Did that stick in your throat
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
lefty
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
They can't build it into basic pay. As I pointed out the hourly rate would be different which is against the law. I'm still looking into the way they are currently doing it.banner18 wrote:The supplement needs to be built into basic pay to avoid all this confusion.
The new system is completely fair, it is just a shame that in order to make it fair, some people have lost money and some have gained. The problem is that RM would have had to have found new money to achieve this as well as building D2D into workload, was always very unlikely.
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
I agree with what you say but the payment itself being pro-rata is the unfair bit, not the delivery supplement itself per se. The payment should take into account, every week, what overtime you have done. Up to 40 hours.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Whilst not agreeing with the delivery supplement (mainly because with a 600+ walk and ESA I lose a lot potentially) I have to point out the following:
1. The delivery Supplement is not paying you to deliver the D2Ds (the revenue from them is helping to pay for the supplement).
2. The delivery Supplement is paid to everyone working in a DO whether they deliver mail or not (CWU Grades only) so its not based on how much you deliver.
3. If you based the delivery supplement on days rather than hours worked, part timers would be getting a higher hourly rate of pay than a FTimer.
So whilst I recognise and even agree that the Delivery Supplement is unfair I think the argument you present for its unfairness is not a strong one.
Exactly like the bonuses are paid (I think they use last 12 weeks).
THEN it would be fair(er).
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
No, not first class mail, live mail - whatever that is. You do, after all, have six days to deliver this so called first class mail.they cant stop you, as its treated as first class mail
I like how you think! I would imagine so...Plus will Pro~Rata go out the window over the Christmas Weeks since all Part~Timers work F/T hours over the 2 weeks leading up to Xmas....?
But you see POSTMAN, that is not what is happening.Everybody is geting paid for the hr's they work not what work they do in those hr's.
A part time who works LESS hr's than a full timer HAS to get ANY supplement pro rata.It's common sense.
What If I have worked MORE hours than my full time colleagues? I still get mugged.
Why not include overtime into the pro-rata payment because if you do not, then what you say is actually arse way around. I can pick up 15+ HRs overtime in a week alongside the 25 I do and still get paid £12.50ish. Not £20.60 (and that would include all the duties of a full timer). So it is not the actual amount of hours you work, OR what you do in the hours. It is a grossly unfair way to deal with a grossly unfair system.
That's the unfair bit.
Last edited by Pat Ostman on 21 Jun 2010, 23:04, edited 4 times in total.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
countyboy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Not really because the guy you has 400 houses will no doubt have s**t loads of long drives to walk up and it will seem like his bundles last forever as he trudges up the drive of one after the other with a no doubt heavy bag and cold calling with one piece of D2D. Guy 1 will have more D2Ds but will be getting rid of them quicker on terraced roads...Is that not the only way they could both be 3.30 deliverys ?gb93 wrote:Ok then here is my last opinion on matter.
Old way of payment for d2d,1 guy has a 3.30 delivery with 400 houses, 2nd guy has 3.30 delivery with 600 houses.
Now they both do same delivery length but guy 2 gets more money.
Did that stick in your throat
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Exactlycountyboy wrote:Not really because the guy you has 400 houses will no doubt have s**t loads of long drives to walk up and it will seem like his bundles last forever as he trudges up the drive of one after the other with a no doubt heavy bag and cold calling with one piece of D2D. Guy 1 will have more D2Ds but will be getting rid of them quicker on terraced roads...Is that not the only way they could both be 3.30 deliverys ?gb93 wrote:Ok then here is my last opinion on matter.
Old way of payment for d2d,1 guy has a 3.30 delivery with 400 houses, 2nd guy has 3.30 delivery with 600 houses.
Now they both do same delivery length but guy 2 gets more money.
Did that stick in your throat
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
That was a reply to Leftys post who was complaining about getting less delivery supplement as he was doing the same delivery as a FTcountyboy wrote:Not really because the guy you has 400 houses will no doubt have s**t loads of long drives to walk up and it will seem like his bundles last forever as he trudges up the drive of one after the other with a no doubt heavy bag and cold calling with one piece of D2D. Guy 1 will have more D2Ds but will be getting rid of them quicker on terraced roads...Is that not the only way they could both be 3.30 deliverys ?gb93 wrote:Ok then here is my last opinion on matter.
Old way of payment for d2d,1 guy has a 3.30 delivery with 400 houses, 2nd guy has 3.30 delivery with 600 houses.
Now they both do same delivery length but guy 2 gets more money.
Did that stick in your throat
I was simply pointing out the flaw in his argument in my view,I think me and you probably have a similiar view on the delivery supplement if I remember your previous posts correctly.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.