ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

£20.60 not in our wages

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by POSTMAN »

24601 wrote:Thank you POSTMAN and banner18 for your help on this.
My original question was on the spirit of the agreement.
I'm sorry if I appear a 'greedy and selfish fool'.
I shall think twice before I ask for clarification on this forum in future.
Don't panic,if it's in the agreement,it's in the agreement,whatever it may be.
I would of questioned it if it was me.

Stressful time on here at the mo with this supplement bollox.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
lainey
Posts: 178
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 22:49
Gender: Female

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by lainey »

going back to first post why the hell should they get payment when they dont bloody deliver d2ds f***ing crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no no :no no :no no
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by POSTMAN »

lainey wrote:going back to first post why the hell should they get payment when they dont bloody deliver d2ds f***ing crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no no :no no :no no
There are many who get the 'DELIVERY SUPPLEMENT' that don't deliver.In the agreement anyone 'tagged' to a DO gets it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by not me »

POSTMAN wrote:
lainey wrote:going back to first post why the hell should they get payment when they dont bloody deliver d2ds f***ing crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no no :no no :no no
There are many who get the 'DELIVERY SUPPLEMENT' that don't deliver.In the agreement anyone 'tagged' to a DO gets it.

which shows what an utter farce the 'deal' is
staff delivering D2D's get a wage cut*(in real terms) and staff who dont do them get a wage rise :d'oh!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by POSTMAN »

custard wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
lainey wrote:going back to first post why the hell should they get payment when they dont bloody deliver d2ds f***ing crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no no :no no :no no
There are many who get the 'DELIVERY SUPPLEMENT' that don't deliver.In the agreement anyone 'tagged' to a DO gets it.

which shows what an utter farce the 'deal' is
staff delivering D2D's get a wage cut*(in real terms) and staff who dont do them get a wage rise :d'oh!
I know :neutral: Could of been handled better. :d'oh!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by bunkerland »

banner18 wrote:
24601 wrote:Ok,we work nights in a delivery office operating sequencing machines.

The agreement states "This is payable to all delivery office employees directly tagged to and working in the delivery function. "

Our DOM showed us a letter saying we do not receive the delivery supplement because we get extra payment for running the machines.

Where in the agreement does it say that ???

Also with 500 machines being installed and more operators needed would the job be so attractive now ??? If you come off delivery to work the machines yo'll lose your £20.60 delivery supplement and get £21.20 machine money instead.

You should get the delivery supplement if you are in a delivery function. The £21.20 is for an acquired set of skills separate to anything else. The £20.60 is just D2D money shared out in delivery functions.

Is that all you get extra for manning the machines? What about night shift allowances? Might have to rethink going in for that.

I thought you would have been against such extra allowances! :hmmmm After all,you did say we all work eight hours so should get paid the same or does your logic only apply to d2d payments?
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by Big Daz »

Aprilaydee wrote:I think it's because they weren't ready for it but had to bring it in because of payroll didn't they?

I've not had a sheet for next week but I overheard something about 4 D2Ds for next week AND they're not in one envelope, which is what the paperwork about the agreement we have in the office says...

Past caring now.



The agreement says and I quote

The CWU will be involved in quarterly review meetings, which will provide an opportunity for the CWU and Royal Mail to review operational challenges, product developments, and work together to identify new products and further growth opportunities, including the potential for automation which will be driven by commercial viability linked to volume.
banner18
Posts: 636
Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by banner18 »

bunkerland wrote:
banner18 wrote:
24601 wrote:Ok,we work nights in a delivery office operating sequencing machines.

The agreement states "This is payable to all delivery office employees directly tagged to and working in the delivery function. "

Our DOM showed us a letter saying we do not receive the delivery supplement because we get extra payment for running the machines.

Where in the agreement does it say that ???

Also with 500 machines being installed and more operators needed would the job be so attractive now ??? If you come off delivery to work the machines yo'll lose your £20.60 delivery supplement and get £21.20 machine money instead.

You should get the delivery supplement if you are in a delivery function. The £21.20 is for an acquired set of skills separate to anything else. The £20.60 is just D2D money shared out in delivery functions.

Is that all you get extra for manning the machines? What about night shift allowances? Might have to rethink going in for that.

I thought you would have been against such extra allowances! :hmmmm After all,you did say we all work eight hours so should get paid the same or does your logic only apply to d2d payments?

Delivering D2D is not a skill or a particular aspect of the job such as unsociable hours or heavy responsibilities. The old system was ok because most did them outside workload. Now they are in workload. It would have been better if new money could have been found so that no-one was worse off, but the end result should be the same, fairness.
The crux of the whole matter is that the supplement is not for D2D and people keep looking at it like that. The supplement is the old D2D money being protected and divided out fairly, dependent on the hours you work.
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by not me »

banner18 wrote:
bunkerland wrote:
banner18 wrote:
24601 wrote:Ok,we work nights in a delivery office operating sequencing machines.

The agreement states "This is payable to all delivery office employees directly tagged to and working in the delivery function. "

Our DOM showed us a letter saying we do not receive the delivery supplement because we get extra payment for running the machines.

Where in the agreement does it say that ???

Also with 500 machines being installed and more operators needed would the job be so attractive now ??? If you come off delivery to work the machines yo'll lose your £20.60 delivery supplement and get £21.20 machine money instead.

You should get the delivery supplement if you are in a delivery function. The £21.20 is for an acquired set of skills separate to anything else. The £20.60 is just D2D money shared out in delivery functions.

Is that all you get extra for manning the machines? What about night shift allowances? Might have to rethink going in for that.

I thought you would have been against such extra allowances! :hmmmm After all,you did say we all work eight hours so should get paid the same or does your logic only apply to d2d payments?

Delivering D2D is not a skill or a particular aspect of the job such as unsociable hours or heavy responsibilities. The old system was ok because most did them outside workload. Now they are in workload. It would have been better if new money could have been found so that no-one was worse off, but the end result should be the same, fairness.
The crux of the whole matter is that the supplement is not for D2D and people keep looking at it like that. The supplement is the old D2D money being protected and divided out fairly, dependent on the hours you work.

how can it be fair? surely for that we need to remove seniority as well
if you feel thats how its meant to be
as long as walks are unequal (and they are) then the argument of fair workloads doesnt exist
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by TeeferTiger »

Big Daz wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:I think it's because they weren't ready for it but had to bring it in because of payroll didn't they?

I've not had a sheet for next week but I overheard something about 4 D2Ds for next week AND they're not in one envelope, which is what the paperwork about the agreement we have in the office says...

Past caring now.



The agreement says and I quote

The CWU will be involved in quarterly review meetings, which will provide an opportunity for the CWU and Royal Mail to review operational challenges, product developments, and work together to identify new products and further growth opportunities, including the potential for automation which will be driven by commercial viability linked to volume.
Well, I threw up my 4 separate D2Ds this morning, and there's definitely a piece of paper we received prior to asking us to vote that says they'll be in an envelope.

But, like I said, I'm past caring. I'm definitely leaving RM before it becomes even more of a farce.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by bunkerland »

I'm totally ignorant about what skilled work is involved in "manning machines" Do you have to have been to university to do this or is it just a several month long intensive training course?
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by bunkerland »

POSTMAN wrote:
24601 wrote:Thank you POSTMAN and banner18 for your help on this.
My original question was on the spirit of the agreement.
I'm sorry if I appear a 'greedy and selfish fool'.
I shall think twice before I ask for clarification on this forum in future.
Don't panic,if it's in the agreement,it's in the agreement,whatever it may be.


Panic,the agreement also said all staff would get the £400,although to be fair,Dave and Bob knew what it really meant!
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by Big Daz »

bunkerland wrote:I'm totally ignorant about what skilled work is involved in "manning machines" Do you have to have been to university to do this or is it just a several month long intensive training course?

Callers office is skilled but RLE isnt!!! :hmmmm
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by POSTMAN »

bunkerland wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
24601 wrote:Thank you POSTMAN and banner18 for your help on this.
My original question was on the spirit of the agreement.
I'm sorry if I appear a 'greedy and selfish fool'.
I shall think twice before I ask for clarification on this forum in future.
Don't panic,if it's in the agreement,it's in the agreement,whatever it may be.


Panic,the agreement also said all staff would get the £400,although to be fair,Dave and Bob knew what it really meant!
LOL good point.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by Big Daz »

Aprilaydee wrote:
Big Daz wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:I think it's because they weren't ready for it but had to bring it in because of payroll didn't they?

I've not had a sheet for next week but I overheard something about 4 D2Ds for next week AND they're not in one envelope, which is what the paperwork about the agreement we have in the office says...

Past caring now.



The agreement says and I quote

The CWU will be involved in quarterly review meetings, which will provide an opportunity for the CWU and Royal Mail to review operational challenges, product developments, and work together to identify new products and further growth opportunities, including the potential for automation which will be driven by commercial viability linked to volume.
Well, I threw up my 4 separate D2Ds this morning, and there's definitely a piece of paper we received prior to asking us to vote that says they'll be in an envelope.

But, like I said, I'm past caring. I'm definitely leaving RM before it becomes even more of a farce.

Sorry to be a nuisance but,

Was it issued from the branch or from HQ, Im getting the opinion it was sent from your branch and they may have skimmed over important detail to get yes votes.