ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hydration Packs
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Hydration Packs
Now to answer in a serious fashion.
I take a 500ml and a 750ml bottle in my pouch, I include it when I weigh it as well. I also drink plain water regularly before I leave the DO, a sort of max hydration, and visit the gents as well. Not yet had a problem.
I take a 500ml and a 750ml bottle in my pouch, I include it when I weigh it as well. I also drink plain water regularly before I leave the DO, a sort of max hydration, and visit the gents as well. Not yet had a problem.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Hydration Packs
I think that's what is known as "cottaging".TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
and visit the gents as well.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Hydration Packs
I think a hydration pack is much better, you can drink from it on the go through the tube saving time as opposed to stopping and putting your bag down, then taking out your 2 litre milk bottle with frozen water in, taking a swig, putting it back in your pouch and putting your pouch back on your shoulder to carry on.orienteer wrote:Exactly, dados, Hydration packs my arse.
However you do whatever is easiest for you, I was merely suggesting something I had tried and found to be of benefit to me in terms of water I can carry and time saved when needing a drink.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Hydration Packs
mmmm Liver flukeLounge Lizard wrote:On rural duties there are usually enough streams such that there's no need for such expensive gadgets.
-
montriff
- Posts: 243
- Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Hydration Packs
how do you wear it along with your pouch? doesn't it get in the way ?
Why not just put the bladder in your pouch
Why not just put the bladder in your pouch
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Hydration Packs
It's very flat on the back and is secured by straps over the shoulders with clips round the waist and chest, I wear it under my high-vis. My pouch goes over my right shoulder so they don't get in the way of each other, I could put the bladder in the pouch I suppose; inside the pocket on the front but it might burst or get punctured by a packet.montriff wrote:how do you wear it along with your pouch? doesn't it get in the way ?
Why not just put the bladder in your pouch
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Hydration Packs
motherhubbard wrote:I think that's what is known as "cottaging".TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
and visit the gents as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
montriff
- Posts: 243
- Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Hydration Packs
get yourself one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CamelbaK-Hydrolin ... 2a074aa360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, a lot better than the tesco valve.Plus those bladders are a lot stronger than they lookCaniel wrote:It's very flat on the back and is secured by straps over the shoulders with clips round the waist and chest, I wear it under my high-vis. My pouch goes over my right shoulder so they don't get in the way of each other, I could put the bladder in the pouch I suppose; inside the pocket on the front but it might burst or get punctured by a packet.montriff wrote:how do you wear it along with your pouch? doesn't it get in the way ?
Why not just put the bladder in your pouch
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Hydration Packs
Do you subtract the weight of the pack, when full, from the weight of all your bags?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Hydration Packs
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I name thee Harkonnen - do you think we are Fremen or something - you'll wants us issued with still suits nextDGP1 wrote:Can you not get a filtering system and recycle itCaniel wrote:The amount of sweating I do in this heat I don't need a wee..Viewfindergeneral wrote:...and I suppose you have another container for your wee?!![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Hydration Packs
I normally use a 1ltr bottle along with 1 can of coke but during the summer I increase that to a 2ltr bottle filled with tropical juice (better than water because even if it gets warm then it still tastes ok).
I'm in a van so it doesn't matter to me about weight.
I'm in a van so it doesn't matter to me about weight.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Hydration Packs
Cheers for that, the Tesco valve is a bit cheap, I might get one of those to replace it.montriff wrote:get yourself one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CamelbaK-Hydrolin ... 2a074aa360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, a lot better than the tesco valve.Plus those bladders are a lot stronger than they lookCaniel wrote:It's very flat on the back and is secured by straps over the shoulders with clips round the waist and chest, I wear it under my high-vis. My pouch goes over my right shoulder so they don't get in the way of each other, I could put the bladder in the pouch I suppose; inside the pocket on the front but it might burst or get punctured by a packet.montriff wrote:how do you wear it along with your pouch? doesn't it get in the way ?
Why not just put the bladder in your pouch
Funnily enough no, I thought about it but decided not to include the weight of the pack since it wasn't in my pouch. I don't include the weight of anything else I carry on me in my pouch weights, granted things like keys, phone etc aren't as heavy tho. When full the pack weights a tad over 2kg.NewPostieUK wrote:Do you subtract the weight of the pack, when full, from the weight of all your bags?
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Hydration Packs
I hope the new electric trolleys will have enough juice in them to tow a guiness tanker behind.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Hydration Packs
i've heard that Millets sell Dehydrated Water which is much lighter to carry than a Hydration Pack. 
-
grizzly
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 28 Mar 2010, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Hydration Packs
I recently started and after a couple of weeks with bottles started using my camelback. Much more user friendly, and somewhere more comfortable to keep house keys and other personal posessions out of trouser pockets, too. I'm surprised they're not part of the uniform issue.
Well, perhaps not, as long as people sort their own hydration out
.
Well, perhaps not, as long as people sort their own hydration out