Been their done that have you ever walked around with a target on your back?.drb wrote:So much effort being done on these forums it is fantastic.We NEED to channel this brilliant thought to our reps and line ,managers and DOMS. If your rep is struggling..bail him out.No point in shouting at individuals here.Get out there,back your rep.Back your branch. If what they are doing is wrong...say so!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
-
tpost
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 26 May 2007, 13:33
- Gender: Male
- Location: Thames house
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Your local rep will be dealing with the same manager as before the agreement, in other words nothing will change except we will walk longer, do more D2D and finish later on a saturday. Great deal CWU

-
macphee1
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
As a newish local rep I would tend to agree with the above,but would like to see more from Royal Mail(especially on a local level) about how they're going to change relationships,build trust,take the workforce with them etc...lovejoy wrote:Whatever the arguments about how this deal is good / not so good for individuals there is no debate when it comes to local reps.
If a local rep cannot pick up this agreement and see that it significantly moves them forward from where they are now then I give up I really do.
As a local rep......
Are you currently involved in the revision process from start to finish ..... no.
Are you currently able to obtain all relevant mail volumes, streams, and traffic date.... no
Do you currently have the the ability to protect your members with a nationally agreed set of work standards....no (and don;t start moaning about where are they because ACAS , the CWU and RM are meeting this week to finalise them and RM have agreed not to push on any revisions until they are readY)
Are you currently able to use a nationally agreed menu of options to introduce innovative duties into your DO? (menu should be tied up and out this week).......no.
I have to be straight here with this one........ if a local rep cannot grab this deal by the scruff of the neck and make it work then there is something wrong.
Whenever I ask my manager anything searching about the agreement or the future,he's either clueless(no change there),evasive and/or ignorant/economical with the truth.
-
Body Beyond Repair
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 20:22
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
All good and well.........reps can work any agreement good or not so good for the benefit of members,what they can't do is change a management teams arrogant nature towards them and there staff and if you think this agreement will change attitudes any time soon you are definately wrong in your assumptions.New relationships i've heard it all before.lovejoy wrote:Whatever the arguments about how this deal is good / not so good for individuals there is no debate when it comes to local reps.
If a local rep cannot pick up this agreement and see that it significantly moves them forward from where they are now then I give up I really do.
As a local rep......
Are you currently involved in the revision process from start to finish ..... no.
Are you currently able to obtain all relevant mail volumes, streams, and traffic date.... no
Do you currently have the the ability to protect your members with a nationally agreed set of work standards....no (and don;t start moaning about where are they because ACAS , the CWU and RM are meeting this week to finalise them and RM have agreed not to push on any revisions until they are readY)
Are you currently able to use a nationally agreed menu of options to introduce innovative duties into your DO? (menu should be tied up and out this week).......no.
I have to be straight here with this one........ if a local rep cannot grab this deal by the scruff of the neck and make it work then there is something wrong.
-
lovejoy
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Actually i;ve worked in and been to more delivery offices that you ever will but there you go.welshy808 wrote:lovejoy wrote:Whatever the arguments about how this deal is good / not so good for individuals there is no debate when it comes to local reps.
If a local rep cannot pick up this agreement and see that it significantly moves them forward from where they are now then I give up I really do.
As a local rep......
Are you currently involved in the revision process from start to finish ..... no.
Are you currently able to obtain all relevant mail volumes, streams, and traffic date.... no
Do you currently have the the ability to protect your members with a nationally agreed set of work standards....no (and don;t start moaning about where are they because ACAS , the CWU and RM are meeting this week to finalise them and RM have agreed not to push on any revisions until they are readY)
Are you currently able to use a nationally agreed menu of options to introduce innovative duties into your DO? (menu should be tied up and out this week).......no.
I have to be straight here with this one........ if a local rep cannot grab this deal by the scruff of the neck and make it work then there is something wrong.
Lovejoy, Are you really detached so far form the local delivery office that you actually believe the tripe you just said.
My local Rep try's hard but has no backing from Area (piss poor might describe it). This proposed Agreement will do nothing but put him under more pressure. You must work at HQ and never visit delivery offices let alone on a day to day basis. If you think that this proposed agreement will empower local reps against bully boy managers you could not be further from the truth.
I now know why the proposal is so bad, you all live on some cloud between 8 and 10.
If the negotiators had been allowed to talk to the members during the 4 months they might not have come back with such a crp deal.
I look forward to reading on here tomorrow how you've been to your branches meeting, made all your points and challenged whomever is there from cwu hq!
-
lovejoy
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Find one post where I have said the agreement is fantastic or that everything in the industry is well.gb93 wrote:AH you never fail to disapoint lovejoy, you would say that wouldnt you.
OH wouldnt it be great if we all could live in lovejoys utopia of 2010 & BEYOND.
Then again we all can just trust and vote yes.
Maybe if you spent less time on here talking the talk and more time organising in your office then you and your colleagues would be in the position to take advantage of what is a negotiators agreement.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
That is one hell of a task and now you are finding how difficult it can be but i wish you well and all the best!.macphee1 wrote:As a newish local rep I would tend to agree with the above,but would like to see more from Royal Mail(especially on a local level) about how they're going to change relationships,build trust,take the workforce with them etc...lovejoy wrote:Whatever the arguments about how this deal is good / not so good for individuals there is no debate when it comes to local reps.
If a local rep cannot pick up this agreement and see that it significantly moves them forward from where they are now then I give up I really do.
As a local rep......
Are you currently involved in the revision process from start to finish ..... no.
Are you currently able to obtain all relevant mail volumes, streams, and traffic date.... no
Do you currently have the the ability to protect your members with a nationally agreed set of work standards....no (and don;t start moaning about where are they because ACAS , the CWU and RM are meeting this week to finalise them and RM have agreed not to push on any revisions until they are readY)
Are you currently able to use a nationally agreed menu of options to introduce innovative duties into your DO? (menu should be tied up and out this week).......no.
I have to be straight here with this one........ if a local rep cannot grab this deal by the scruff of the neck and make it work then there is something wrong.
Whenever I ask my manager anything searching about the agreement or the future,he's either clueless(no change there),evasive and/or ignorant/economical with the truth.
-
welshy808
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 20:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Lovejoy,
When I get into work tomorrow and find out about this gathering of like minds you keep implying I will not attend I will make time to attend. I might or I might not be allowed to ask the questions you seem to be avoiding on here, but I feel so strongly about this deal that I will be there.
But I am sure you will be reading about the General Election and not me
When I get into work tomorrow and find out about this gathering of like minds you keep implying I will not attend I will make time to attend. I might or I might not be allowed to ask the questions you seem to be avoiding on here, but I feel so strongly about this deal that I will be there.
But I am sure you will be reading about the General Election and not me
-
lovejoy
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Good stuff, I have no time for politics so will look out for your report!welshy808 wrote:Lovejoy,
When I get into work tomorrow and find out about this gathering of like minds you keep implying I will not attend I will make time to attend. I might or I might not be allowed to ask the questions you seem to be avoiding on here, but I feel so strongly about this deal that I will be there.
But I am sure you will be reading about the General Election and not me
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Politics got us into this mess so how will we get out of it.?lovejoy wrote:Good stuff, I have no time for politics so will look out for your report!welshy808 wrote:Lovejoy,
When I get into work tomorrow and find out about this gathering of like minds you keep implying I will not attend I will make time to attend. I might or I might not be allowed to ask the questions you seem to be avoiding on here, but I feel so strongly about this deal that I will be there.
But I am sure you will be reading about the General Election and not me
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
I dont think we will ever agree on this agreement lovejoy, for someone who has never said this deal is fantastic you certainly promote and advertise what you interpret as good points about it quite forcefully.
I believe the more you try and sell this agreement the more foolish you look, and appear detached from the reality members are facing day to day.
I am sure you will disagree with this post and make some wise cracks or saliant points.
But dont worry i wont fall out with you over it
.
I am just yet to be convinced.
I believe the more you try and sell this agreement the more foolish you look, and appear detached from the reality members are facing day to day.
I am sure you will disagree with this post and make some wise cracks or saliant points.
But dont worry i wont fall out with you over it
I am just yet to be convinced.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Hands up who went to their last AGM?
-
lovejoy
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
I am not out to convince anyone. Can you find 1 thread I have started to promote the agreement. All I have done is reply and most of the time that is because people'sviews on the agreeement have been so far from the truth and I haven't been able to help myself.gb93 wrote:I dont think we will ever agree on this agreement lovejoy, for someone who has never said this deal is fantastic you certainly promote and advertise what you interpret as good points about it quite forcefully.
I believe the more you try and sell this agreement the more foolish you look, and appear detached from the reality members are facing day to day.
I am sure you will disagree with this post and make some wise cracks or saliant points.
But dont worry i wont fall out with you over it.
I am just yet to be convinced.
What do you want? For you and your fellow vote no promoters to be able to constantly post whatever you like and nobody can ever challenge you?
This thread is a perfect example. A good local rep and branch will pick up this agreeement,, build good revisions and better the current set of duties for their members. If you can't see that then its not me trying to convince you it's you not wanting to be convinced!
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
I'm "cacking it" now! I didn't realise how many "weak" offices there were there out there! Where the f***k are you lot's reps? Where are your branches? Where are your commitees?
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
To play you at your own game lovejoy (mate
) show me were i have promoted a no vote.
Just gave opinions and made observations.
Just gave opinions and made observations.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.