There is no way that ANY member can claim that they could not get a copy of the agreement before voting! On here, cwu.org, from your rep, from your brancg, if u want a copy b4 voting you will get one so thats no excuse.
Do you want to edit that now ?
And why the dig?
move from behind the keyboard and attend to make your opinions heard!
There is no way that ANY member can claim that they could not get a copy of the agreement before voting! On here, cwu.org, from your rep, from your brancg, if u want a copy b4 voting you will get one so thats no excuse.
Do you want to edit that now ?
And why the dig?
move from behind the keyboard and attend to make your opinions heard!
fishtank wrote:If cost really IS the issue does that mean they will be ditching the sales pitch DVD......i wonder.
And I wonder how much the Circus cost and how much to get reps from all over down to Bournemouth for two days It wouldn't need all this rigmarole if it was any good now would it?
Come on every national agreement is followed by reps briefings, members meetings, branch recommendations. I agree that the timeframe this time has been longer but then this is the more important agreement ever so it warrants it.
Lovejoy,
In your personal opinion is it right to ask members to vote on the most important agreement ever without them actually getting to read the fullagreement.
There is no way that ANY member can claim that they could not get a copy of the agreement before voting! On here, cwu.org, from your rep, from your brancg, if u want a copy b4 voting you will get one so thats no excuse.
Your branch is on the list as having a meeting this week welshy on the deal. i hope you make the effort to move from behind the keyboard and attend to make your opinions heard!
So in your opinion the members of this union do not deserve to have a full copy of the agreement sent to their home address with time to read it before casting their vote on what you call the more important agreement eve.
Do you not think that their £3.01 for just one week would cover the cost.
Why should they have to get it off the internet or go chasing branch officials, they deserve to be treated with dignity and not the contempt that is being shown.
Could you please tell me where is the meeting, as I would like to attend.
This whole exercise is a sham nothing more nothing less BRING ON THE VOTE why not are our union scared if we vote against this damnation of an agreement it seams to me they are!. Next they will be handing out DVDs of Danny Kaye singing in the rain at four a clock on saturday afternoon to make us feel better!. WELL IT WAS THE DEATH OF HIM I AM DAMN SURE IT WILL NOT BE THE DEATH OF ME!.
lovejoy wrote:
I didn't say it was my opinion so get off your high horse
I'm not on my high horse. I took it as your opinion, as I specifically asked for your personal opinion.
It was Tuesday in Newport btw, just remembered!
Thanks, I will try to make it.
I'm also glad to hear you think every member should get a copy of the proposed agreement. I hope you can use your influence to convince HQ to give every member the opportunity to read the full agreement.
lovejoy wrote:
I didn't say it was my opinion so get off your high horse
I'm not on my high horse. I took it as your opinion, as I specifically asked for your personal opinion.
It was Tuesday in Newport btw, just remembered!
Thanks, I will try to make it.
I'm also glad to hear you think every member should get a copy of the proposed agreement. I hope you can use your influence to convince HQ to give every member the opportunity to read the full agreement.
If they the (CWU) cannot supply the full details why should they recommend it without putting the full facts before us all is this influence beyond power IE brainwashing.?
lovejoy wrote:
I didn't say it was my opinion so get off your high horse
I'm not on my high horse. I took it as your opinion, as I specifically asked for your personal opinion.
In my opinion all members should get a copy. The trouble is 90% (and thats being kind) would not even as much as open it.
Bit like the Sky Magazine really - who bothers opening it? BUT Sky still send it to ALL its subscribers - because they respect they have a choice to subscribe or not.
fishtank wrote:If cost really IS the issue does that mean they will be ditching the sales pitch DVD......i wonder.
And I wonder how much the Circus cost and how much to get reps from all over down to Bournemouth for two days It wouldn't need all this rigmarole if it was any good now would it?
Come on every national agreement is followed by reps briefings, members meetings, branch recommendations. I agree that the timeframe this time has been longer but then this is the more important agreement ever so it warrants it.
Is it also followed by the National Officers moving from place to place trying the snake oil charmers chatter? Not in my length of service.
This whole thread is bull. I got a copy of the agreement on the monday morning. i read the whole thing fished out about eight pages from a ninety odd page document and put them on my union board i then marked the bits on each page my members would need to read you know the important stuff,saturdays d2d pay etc after all that i still had members saying
can i slim it or dumb it down a bit. look if any member wants a copy it is easy enough to get hold of i am a unit rep and i think it would be a total waste of money to send every member across the country a copy