ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
workplace coach
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: workplace coach
New starters at our place go with regular postie for 3 days then on there own, Same happened to me, the training at this place is a joke no wonder the turnover of staff is so high, And yes I had a work place coach worse than useless did nothing to help, The mentality at our place is if you ask something they fob you of and tell you to ask somebody else bunch of &wats.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: workplace coach
we have 1 at our place, never does anythin to earn his extra money so we remind him at every opportunity, he's know as " the workplace gobshite "
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: workplace coach
I know a few workplace coaches... I was brought in to train their staff 
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
RookiePostie
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 19:24
- Gender: Male
Re: workplace coach
Our workplace coach is a joke... never coaches anyone, very unapproachable, hardly speaks at all and when they do it's quickly, muffled and you have to get them to repeat everything about 6 times! Over £120 a month for doing bugger all, that would pay all my fuel costs and probably tax the car as well over the year... scandalous!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: workplace coach
RookiePostie wrote:Our workplace coach is a joke... never coaches anyone, very unapproachable, hardly speaks at all and when they do it's quickly, muffled and you have to get them to repeat everything about 6 times! Over £120 a month for doing bugger all, that would pay all my fuel costs and probably tax the car as well over the year... scandalous!
I am glad to say ours is the exact opposite of yours. What makes it better is he is a good Union supporter, will stand up to management when it is required, and speaks his mind. Even better he makes his own mind up whether its about CWU or RM matters, he can read through the spin.
BTW he is on here and he does know who I am
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RookiePostie
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 19:24
- Gender: Male
Re: workplace coach
I'm glad there are some good coaches out there... I started about 18 months ago and on my first day the training lasted 3 hours. 1st few days in the office was shadowing a postie and since then I've been picking it up as I go along, often learning the hard way as there's hardly any time for asking fellow workers how things are done. I know nearly every duty in the office now and haven't been coached for any of them. I have always just dived on in and got on with it... my stubbornness and persistence saw me through and I also owe a lot to this forum as I've learned so much about the job from here!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am glad to say ours is the exact opposite of yours.
-
Urban Smith
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Re: workplace coach
Welcome to Royal Mail, the company that really cares about its workers !?RookiePostie wrote:I'm glad there are some good coaches out there... I started about 18 months ago and on my first day the training lasted 3 hours. 1st few days in the office was shadowing a postie and since then I've been picking it up as I go along, often learning the hard way as there's hardly any time for asking fellow workers how things are done. I know nearly every duty in the office now and haven't been coached for any of them. I have always just dived on in and got on with it... my stubbornness and persistence saw me through and I also owe a lot to this forum as I've learned so much about the job from here!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am glad to say ours is the exact opposite of yours.
It doesn't get any better. Just look after "number one". Good luck.
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: workplace coach
coach in my old office couldnt complete his duty in time let alone train somebody
oh well £30 a week for doing cock all.........
oh well £30 a week for doing cock all.........
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: workplace coach
Yep ,:chucklecustard wrote:coach in my old office couldnt complete his duty in time let alone train somebody
oh well £30 a week for doing cock all.........
Last edited by BELIAL on 18 Apr 2010, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Bye
-
knoxycube
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 31 Aug 2009, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Re: workplace coach
my training was excellent,first day was the induction,then 2 weeks working with my coach on his round,then was given half a round for 2 weeks then i was put on the same round for 2 months,now am on floating duties,i completed my 6 month probation period this week,now on holiday for 3 weeks,overall i have found the job quite easy,just waiting to see what happens now that probation is over,i think my pay goes up but not sure
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: workplace coach
How the f*** did you get that??? Even in the days of proper training (a few years ago) I got 1 day induction, 1 day shadowing a postie, another 2 days where we split the duty and 1 day back in training and then out on my own from then on.knoxycube wrote:my training was excellent,first day was the induction,then 2 weeks working with my coach on his round,then was given half a round for 2 weeks then i was put on the same round for 2 months,now am on floating duties,i completed my 6 month probation period this week,now on holiday for 3 weeks,overall i have found the job quite easy,just waiting to see what happens now that probation is over,i think my pay goes up but not sure
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: workplace coach
DGP1 wrote:How the f*** did you get that??? Even in the days of proper training (a few years ago) I got 1 day induction, 1 day shadowing a postie, another 2 days where we split the duty and 1 day back in training and then out on my own from then on.knoxycube wrote:my training was excellent,first day was the induction,then 2 weeks working with my coach on his round,then was given half a round for 2 weeks then i was put on the same round for 2 months,now am on floating duties,i completed my 6 month probation period this week,now on holiday for 3 weeks,overall i have found the job quite easy,just waiting to see what happens now that probation is over,i think my pay goes up but not sure
IIRC i had a few days induction
7 days shadowing then it was on my own on whatever duty was uncovered
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: workplace coach
As a Christmas casual I had to to do 2 splits approx 1/3 of 2 walks each and some indoor stuff - about 5 hours a day.custard wrote: IIRC i had a few days induction
7 days shadowing then it was on my own on whatever duty was uncovered
Training was 1 day induction and 1 day on each of the walks with duty holder and then all by my lonesome.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dianepostie
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 10:26
- Gender: Female
Re: workplace coach
Hi there, How did you apply to be a coach?? I have had no luck finding out how to apply at my office. The only advise so far is to look online?viking2 wrote:Does anyone have any idea what is expected on the 3 day Induction Course for new Workplace Coaches? Does anyone have any Course content or know where I can get it.
Thanks Diane
-
Beaker54
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 18:46
- Gender: Female
Re: workplace coach
Our coach does naff all for the 30 quid received each week all Ive seen our coach do in the last month is to show
posties how to push one of the golf trolleys around hardly rocket science you couldnt make it up altho its a bit sad in a way watching it..funny tho
posties how to push one of the golf trolleys around hardly rocket science you couldnt make it up altho its a bit sad in a way watching it..funny tho