ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by A2B »

Deadly wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 06:40
I’d love to be proven wrong but there’s about as much chance of two years VR payment returning as there is the Saturday premium.
Couldn't agree more, some are getting deluded about a potential payoff
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by NWpostie »

A2B wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 13:49
Deadly wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 06:40
I’d love to be proven wrong but there’s about as much chance of two years VR payment returning as there is the Saturday premium.
Couldn't agree more, some are getting deluded about a potential payoff
I certainly am not deluded, I'm one of the minority that saw things long term and voted against the agreement to downgrade our T&Cs unfortunately the majority were lured by the cash incentive.

I do know I'm not going to get 104 weeks, I just said that's my preferred price, it would be interesting to see what they would actually offer me.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

NWpostie wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 14:18
A2B wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 13:49
Deadly wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 06:40
I’d love to be proven wrong but there’s about as much chance of two years VR payment returning as there is the Saturday premium.
Couldn't agree more, some are getting deluded about a potential payoff
I certainly am not deluded, I'm one of the minority that saw things long term and voted against the agreement to downgrade our T&Cs unfortunately the majority were lured by the cash incentive.

I do know I'm not going to get 104 weeks, I just said that's my preferred price, it would be interesting to see what they would actually offer me.
Can't see it being more than the last time they offered it - 9 months pay.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Jefferson Starfish wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 14:40
Can't see it being more than the last time they offered it - 9 months pay.
I agree, however I thought they were meant to offer an incentive for people to leave the Business ? .... 9 months they must be pissed! :thumbdown

I think I'll just hang around and be a pain in the arse for a couple of years! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 16:12
Jefferson Starfish wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 14:40
Can't see it being more than the last time they offered it - 9 months pay.
I agree, however I thought they were meant to offer an incentive for people to leave the Business ? .... 9 months they must be pissed! :thumbdown

I think I'll just hang around and be a pain in the arse for a couple of years! :cuppa
It'll suit some people.

There won't be many VR's as they'll just use the normal natural wastage routine and not replace those who leave. :cuppa
kazardaimenu
Posts: 1391
Joined: 13 Apr 2022, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by kazardaimenu »

If you want out take 9 months and don’t look back. I can’t see them offering that much VR as they’ll probably freeze much of their recruitment and wait for numbers to reduce that way.
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by GRS »

Suppose it depends on how quickly they want/need to reduce the headcount.

Normally when a company gets taken over the status quo tends to remain for 18-24 months while the new owners get to grips with problems etc. in this case I reckon that the Sphincter is well versed on the inner workings of RM and what he wants to do. In fact I would go as far to say that he has had analysts going over everything for the past few years since he came on board as a shareholder and wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t the one who was driving a lot of the things during the last dispute. Wouldn’t trust this guy one jot no matter that the CWU are crowing that they’ve got some fantastic deal with him.
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by A2B »

Yes we can be pretty certain that the new owner intends on hitting the ground running, interesting times ahead
Perseus
Posts: 1177
Joined: 21 Feb 2024, 16:45
Gender: Male

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by Perseus »

GRS wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 20:02
Suppose it depends on how quickly they want/need to reduce the headcount.

Normally when a company gets taken over the status quo tends to remain for 18-24 months while the new owners get to grips with problems etc. in this case I reckon that the Sphincter is well versed on the inner workings of RM and what he wants to do. In fact I would go as far to say that he has had analysts going over everything for the past few years since he came on board as a shareholder and wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t the one who was driving a lot of the things during the last dispute. Wouldn’t trust this guy one jot no matter that the CWU are crowing that they’ve got some fantastic deal with him.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
I think his group will have laid down conditions (the 'deal') which needed met before he made an offer.
Too much of a coincidence that the job has changed so much in the last few years and the next thing we have a takeover.
Iva bigredbag
Posts: 167
Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 19:33
Gender: Male

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by Iva bigredbag »

Barnacle wrote: ↑
16 Dec 2024, 16:51
If you still have a good few years of working life before pension age, I would think long and hard about leaving without first scoping out the job market. There aren’t that many jobs out there.
Give me a break, stacking shelf's at Aldi pays better than this job now.
Barnacle
Posts: 2948
Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Earth

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by Barnacle »

Iva bigredbag wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 22:01
Barnacle wrote: ↑
16 Dec 2024, 16:51
If you still have a good few years of working life before pension age, I would think long and hard about leaving without first scoping out the job market. There aren’t that many jobs out there.
Give me a break, stacking shelf's at Aldi pays better than this job now.
Good luck trying to get that job stacking shelves.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4112
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by ted_e_bear »

Iva bigredbag wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 22:01
Barnacle wrote: ↑
16 Dec 2024, 16:51
If you still have a good few years of working life before pension age, I would think long and hard about leaving without first scoping out the job market. There aren’t that many jobs out there.
Give me a break, stacking shelf's at Aldi pays better than this job now.
Just had a quick look at the Aldi jobs site and the going rate for a store assistant is £12.40-£13.35 per hour
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by NWpostie »

ted_e_bear wrote: ↑
18 Dec 2024, 06:29
Iva bigredbag wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 22:01
Barnacle wrote: ↑
16 Dec 2024, 16:51
If you still have a good few years of working life before pension age, I would think long and hard about leaving without first scoping out the job market. There aren’t that many jobs out there.
Give me a break, stacking shelf's at Aldi pays better than this job now.
Just had a quick look at the Aldi jobs site and the going rate for a store assistant is £12.40-£13.35 per hour
Picking £13 as a median figure you could be looking at a basic wage for 38 hours a week of £494 basic then after tax and other deductions you could looking at a take home of £355, not much really still better than nothing.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

NWpostie wrote: ↑
18 Dec 2024, 10:13
ted_e_bear wrote: ↑
18 Dec 2024, 06:29
Iva bigredbag wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 22:01
Barnacle wrote: ↑
16 Dec 2024, 16:51
If you still have a good few years of working life before pension age, I would think long and hard about leaving without first scoping out the job market. There aren’t that many jobs out there.
Give me a break, stacking shelf's at Aldi pays better than this job now.
Just had a quick look at the Aldi jobs site and the going rate for a store assistant is £12.40-£13.35 per hour
Picking £13 as a median figure you could be looking at a basic wage for 38 hours a week of £494 basic then after tax and other deductions you could looking at a take home of £355, not much really still better than nothing.
£424 after tax and ni, minus other deductions like pension, etc.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Best Deal for those wanting Out .

Post by NWpostie »

Jefferson Starfish wrote: ↑
18 Dec 2024, 11:52
NWpostie wrote: ↑
18 Dec 2024, 10:13
ted_e_bear wrote: ↑
18 Dec 2024, 06:29
Iva bigredbag wrote: ↑
17 Dec 2024, 22:01
Barnacle wrote: ↑
16 Dec 2024, 16:51
If you still have a good few years of working life before pension age, I would think long and hard about leaving without first scoping out the job market. There aren’t that many jobs out there.
Give me a break, stacking shelf's at Aldi pays better than this job now.
Just had a quick look at the Aldi jobs site and the going rate for a store assistant is £12.40-£13.35 per hour
Picking £13 as a median figure you could be looking at a basic wage for 38 hours a week of £494 basic then after tax and other deductions you could looking at a take home of £355, not much really still better than nothing.
£424 after tax and ni, minus other deductions like pension, etc.
It was a ballpark figure not intended to 100% accurate I knocked off income tax, NI, pensions and other sundry deductions.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.