ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Working your annual leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
POSTPERSON50
Posts: 511
Joined: 21 Oct 2021, 11:09
Gender: Female

Re: Working your annual leave

Post by POSTPERSON50 »

clashcityrocker wrote: ↑
29 Aug 2022, 19:15
POSTPERSON50 wrote: ↑
29 Aug 2022, 18:43

A lot of offices don't care what the rules are,
Either we have national agreements or we don't.
We can't pick and choose which bits we like.
Well I agree, but have you ever tried reporting any issues? It's absolutely pointless.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Working your annual leave

Post by DirtyHarry »

People work their annual leave?

Must have bags of energy.
barcajr
Posts: 168
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
Gender: Male

Re: Working your annual leave

Post by barcajr »

Have come in for one day before on more than one occasion while on AL it was classed as working my day off
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Working your annual leave

Post by Seymour Buts »

I've done it a few times. Everyday I worked was classed as rest day working.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Working your annual leave

Post by Seymour Buts »

grchpo wrote: ↑
28 Aug 2022, 19:31
Guy in our office worked 2 Rota weeks in succession meaning he worked 17 weeks with just Sunday's off . Total madness.
I've done that since I started 8 years ago, as do loads in my office tbf. Signed for it so I get paid rest days when on annual leave.