ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Calls added to job not on frame

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Calls added to job not on frame

Post by NewPostieUK »

sixfoottwo wrote: ↑
13 May 2022, 15:47
bloody thing is nowhere near built yet so I sent them all back! TV license it was!!
Are they on your frame? When you say you sent them back, do you mean give them to the manager?
*horcrux*
Posts: 78
Joined: 22 May 2017, 13:31
Gender: Male

Re: Calls added to job not on frame

Post by *horcrux* »

I think they mean they killed them off and returned them to the sender, endorsing them 'address inaccessible' I should imagine
sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: Calls added to job not on frame

Post by sixfoottwo »

NewPostieUK wrote: ↑
18 May 2022, 11:12
sixfoottwo wrote: ↑
13 May 2022, 15:47
bloody thing is nowhere near built yet so I sent them all back! TV license it was!!
Are they on your frame? When you say you sent them back, do you mean give them to the manager?
No, not on the frame - the old hotel is where they are being built.

horcrux is correct, I killed them off and returned to the sender.
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Re: Calls added to job not on frame

Post by Cucumber »

Like elsewhere, there is no proper system or resourcing done for new houses in ours.

Just a game of pass the parcel to find someone to do it that doesn't kick off.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Calls added to job not on frame

Post by NewPostieUK »

I wouldn't touch anything that isn't on my frame. I certainly wouldn't kill it off.

I'd pass them on to the manager and say I don't who is supposed to do these but it isn't me, and let him sort the mess out.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Calls added to job not on frame

Post by Dorset Plodder »

HTPostman wrote: ↑
12 May 2022, 22:01
Given the OP is on a rural I can believe it. There’s a rural round here where just 6 addresses take you 25 minutes. I’m sure there will be rounds up in the highlands where fewer calls take even longer.
[/quote]

Yep Rurals do take a bit longer. I've got three Farms that take 15 minutes to do. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Calls added to job not on frame

Post by Dorset Plodder »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
14 May 2022, 16:37

No point in adding them before they've physically been built as you'd end up with ghost DPs on the system


Your looking at it from a Mail Centre Perspective SP. From a Posties perspective: I'd rathet have the extra new builds printed off and put on my frame (even if they're not live) than wait for them to go live and then have to mess about gettting shelf edges printed off and moving my walk about. In the meantime trying to sort the mail into bundles on my desk :crazy:

That's of course if I'm going to accept it! As Woodie mentioned this should be brought up at Weekly Resourcing Meetings between DOM & CWU Rep (if you haven't got a Rep that's probably half your problem ... Get One)! :hmmmm

Most of these problems boil down to Lazy Incompetent Management, who can't be arsed to do their job properly. If new estates are being built you'd think they'd be aware of them and start to plan acccordingly. There is a good argument to recruit more staff if your DOM has to put more hours into the DO. I think this is something Management conveniently "Forget" to remember, because it's going to cause them some work and they'll have to have an argument with their boss (who doesn't want to spend any more money)! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Calls added to job not on frame

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
24 May 2022, 13:14
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
14 May 2022, 16:37

No point in adding them before they've physically been built as you'd end up with ghost DPs on the system


Your looking at it from a Mail Centre Perspective SP. From a Posties perspective: I'd rathet have the extra new builds printed off and put on my frame (even if they're not live) than wait for them to go live and then have to mess about gettting shelf edges printed off and moving my walk about. In the meantime trying to sort the mail into bundles on my desk :crazy:

That's of course if I'm going to accept it! As Woodie mentioned this should be brought up at Weekly Resourcing Meetings between DOM & CWU Rep (if you haven't got a Rep that's probably half your problem ... Get One)! :hmmmm

Most of these problems boil down to Lazy Incompetent Management, who can't be arsed to do their job properly. If new estates are being built you'd think they'd be aware of them and start to plan acccordingly. There is a good argument to recruit more staff if your DOM has to put more hours into the DO. I think this is something Management conveniently "Forget" to remember, because it's going to cause them some work and they'll have to have an argument with their boss (who doesn't want to spend any more money)! :cuppa
Adding them to Route Planner is down to whoever deals with Route Planner in the DO. MCs don't deal with the creation of sort plans anymore, it gets done centrally for the whole the the UK.

CSS batches have a limit on the number of DPs per batch, think it's about 10,000 so once a batch gets too close to that it has to be split. Some walks might get swapped between batches for the same DO. If there's enough walks then a new batch will be created, otherwise if there's an odd one or two then they'll get added to a merged batch