ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Perimenopause
-
amco37
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 27 Mar 2013, 11:40
- Gender: Female
Re: Perimenopause
And you are a woman. I would have expected a woman to understand. 
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: Perimenopause
Sadly the same attitude seems to exist in my office.
Too many in the the "I'm alright Jack" club. Rather than keep their mouths shut they prefer to mock and belittle in order to make themselves look good (in their opinion) in front of their mates.
Too many in the the "I'm alright Jack" club. Rather than keep their mouths shut they prefer to mock and belittle in order to make themselves look good (in their opinion) in front of their mates.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
trixie
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 25 Nov 2018, 20:58
- Gender: Female
Re: Perimenopause
Get a grip. Arguing over menopause!!!! Menopause can last for up to 10 years. If you know any company that will let you take sick leave with pay for that long then we would all be working there. Like I said, if the symptoms get in the way of your job then find another, and I would suggest that for other health complaints as well. Your health is so much more important than any job. Too many posties expect RM to solve their health issues. THEY WON'T. You've obviously consulted Dr Google so you know the only answer is HRT
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Perimenopause
You've posted 4 times on here in 4 years trixie and I would humbly suggest you're overdoing it.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Perimenopause
Nobody asked for 10 years paid sick leave.trixie wrote: ↑12 Apr 2022, 18:27Get a grip. Arguing over menopause!!!! Menopause can last for up to 10 years. If you know any company that will let you take sick leave with pay for that long then we would all be working there. Like I said, if the symptoms get in the way of your job then find another, and I would suggest that for other health complaints as well. Your health is so much more important than any job. Too many posties expect RM to solve their health issues. THEY WON'T. You've obviously consulted Dr Google so you know the only answer is HRT
They asked for advice concerning a condition.
HRT isn't a solution for everyone, especially those with a family history of breast cancer.
Stop being an arsehole.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
amco37
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 27 Mar 2013, 11:40
- Gender: Female
Re: Perimenopause
There you go assuming again Trixie.trixie wrote: ↑12 Apr 2022, 18:27Get a grip. Arguing over menopause!!!! Menopause can last for up to 10 years. If you know any company that will let you take sick leave with pay for that long then we would all be working there. Like I said, if the symptoms get in the way of your job then find another, and I would suggest that for other health complaints as well. Your health is so much more important than any job. Too many posties expect RM to solve their health issues. THEY WON'T. You've obviously consulted Dr Google so you know the only answer is HRT
I haven't consulted Dr. Google. I have friends who have gone through it and I've had private blood tests to rule out other causes. I also had private blood tests through Medichecks over a month ago for female hormones and was told I am in the early stages of it. Nothing confirmed with my GP yet as I haven't been.
Exactly where did I say I wanted to go off sick for 10 years??
HRT is a private decision. Not all women can take it. It's something I have yet to find out about.
I think it's you who needs to get a grip. You sound like a toxic manager obsessed with sickness absences.
Yes, it is Royal Mail's problem.
Do you think women in other jobs don't suffer as well? It's not about women going off sick. It's about them being offered support at work so they can keep their jobs. Your attitude doesn't exactly help to create a culture where women feel comfortable discussing menopause.
.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Perimenopause
HRT is not for everyone ,
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Perimenopause
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=104112&p=969955&hi ... se#p969955 Royal Mail bolsters menopause support for staff (News Article)
download/file.php?id=13418 Menopause Guide - Supporting Women at Work through the Menopause
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=101082&p=944327&hi ... se#p944327 LTB 283/21 – RMG Menopause Guide – Supporting Women Through The Menopause – Updated Guide For Managers
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=84758&p=805020&hil ... se#p805020 LTB 149/18 Royal Mail Group New Menopause Guide Introduction – ‘Supporting Women at Work Through The Menopause:’
download/file.php?id=13418 Menopause Guide - Supporting Women at Work through the Menopause
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=101082&p=944327&hi ... se#p944327 LTB 283/21 – RMG Menopause Guide – Supporting Women Through The Menopause – Updated Guide For Managers
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=84758&p=805020&hil ... se#p805020 LTB 149/18 Royal Mail Group New Menopause Guide Introduction – ‘Supporting Women at Work Through The Menopause:’
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Perimenopause
and more info from a search for Menopause in our Search engine search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... e&start=15
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Perimenopause
She is by going to her GP and trying to get advice on a website for posties. Happily some have shown compassion and advised her.
She wasn't making it Royal Mails problem, she was in fact trying to get advice not condemnation.
Making unsustained claims that she is abusing the sick pay system is uncalled for and not within the ethos of RMC.
No you need perspective. I served as a Blue Hat in Bosnia, I have seen the aftermath of scenes similar to what went on in Bucha, I even had to collect bodies and do other things that still give me the shakes, and I wouldn't dream of using that to belittle another person's concerns. Life goes on and people having problems at work is a sign of normality I would have welcomed back then.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
amco37
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 27 Mar 2013, 11:40
- Gender: Female
Re: Perimenopause
TrueBlueTerrier - THANK YOU!TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑13 Apr 2022, 09:49viewtopic.php?f=18&t=104112&p=969955&hi ... se#p969955 Royal Mail bolsters menopause support for staff (News Article)
download/file.php?id=13418 Menopause Guide - Supporting Women at Work through the Menopause
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=101082&p=944327&hi ... se#p944327 LTB 283/21 – RMG Menopause Guide – Supporting Women Through The Menopause – Updated Guide For Managers
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=84758&p=805020&hil ... se#p805020 LTB 149/18 Royal Mail Group New Menopause Guide Introduction – ‘Supporting Women at Work Through The Menopause:’
-
Ali831
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 16:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Perimenopause
OP have a look for an app called 'balance' it's run by dr Louise newson the menopause expert, she also has an excellent website called menopause doctor.
The app has a fab community area to get help from others going through it. Sadly depending on your age blood tests are a waste of time to check for menopause as during peri your hormones fluctuate so much. HRT isn't for everyone but on the app there are suggestions for supplements to help with joint pain etc like what vitamins and minerals are the most helpful. Good luck my peri lasted approx 5 years!
The app has a fab community area to get help from others going through it. Sadly depending on your age blood tests are a waste of time to check for menopause as during peri your hormones fluctuate so much. HRT isn't for everyone but on the app there are suggestions for supplements to help with joint pain etc like what vitamins and minerals are the most helpful. Good luck my peri lasted approx 5 years!
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Perimenopause
therewehaveitthedumbestfuckingthingivereadallday.jpgtrixie wrote: ↑12 Apr 2022, 16:11Menopause is a fact of life. Deal with it. Look for another job and don't make it royal mails problem, they won't care anyway. Workload is heavier because we are lapsing every day, why?.. Because there are too many people like you looking to abuse the sick leave/pay policy. You need a big dose of reality, there are women in Ukraine being raped and there husbands killed who make less fuss
It IS peak daytime drinking season i suppose.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
sequinn
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
- Gender: Female
Re: Perimenopause
I expect Trixie is one of those women who has never suffered from ‘women’s complaints’. Well aren’t you lucky! Some of us suffer from heavy and painful periods but we drag ourselves into work. Then as we get older, menopause strikes and some women suffer many symptoms. Mine were hot flushes and during hot weather it became unbearable. At 67 years old and still working, I still get hot flushes every day. HRT is not the answer as when you stop taking it, menopause starts all over again.
Have a bit of sympathy for your female colleagues. You never know when your luck will run out!
Have a bit of sympathy for your female colleagues. You never know when your luck will run out!