If it was in a flat or a few doors close by the GPS data is not good enough to pinpoint between a few doors. I've seen the data several times. Unless of course RM have upgraded their systems over the last few months! . As long as it was scanned in the vicinity don't worry. The likelihood is the neighbour gave it to them anyway. 99% of people are decent!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Special delivery mistake
-
Jahpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 318
- Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Special delivery mistake
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Special delivery mistake
If it went though a letterbox it's most likely of little financial value, unlike the iPhone I delivered recently, miss delivery that type of "special" and I can see it causing far bigger issues for a postie than just a new bank card/phone sim etc.
-
Paulo1963
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Special delivery mistake
Just be honest. You made a mistake, we are all human.
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Special delivery mistake
Don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes. If no one complains, management are rarely bothered.
I'm turning purple!
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Special delivery mistake
When I was six months in I knocked the door with a special, no answer. Wrote the 739 out, back to van. Went to put said special in the back, realised I was holding the 739 and had posted the unsigned for special through the door.
No one in to retrieve it, so rang the lino and explained straight away. Fair play, he was good as gold. Said don't stress over it and we'lll deal with it if anything arises. Nothing did, lesson learned, haven't done it again.
I learned a long time ago that saying nothing and hoping things stay quiet and forgotten never works for me. I prefer to be up front and take stuff on the chin if I have to...but that's just me penny's worth, for whatever it might amount to.
Don't stress though...we're posties, not surgeons.
No one in to retrieve it, so rang the lino and explained straight away. Fair play, he was good as gold. Said don't stress over it and we'lll deal with it if anything arises. Nothing did, lesson learned, haven't done it again.
I learned a long time ago that saying nothing and hoping things stay quiet and forgotten never works for me. I prefer to be up front and take stuff on the chin if I have to...but that's just me penny's worth, for whatever it might amount to.
Don't stress though...we're posties, not surgeons.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
tractorboy2
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 545
- Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Special delivery mistake
Have you been the victim of postal negligence ? ring ***********.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Special delivery mistake
That's completely wrong. I delivered numerous SD letterbox-sized plastic envelopes and Jiffy Bags which among other things (customer informed when signing) apparently contained substantial amounts of foreign holiday currency, gold bullion bars (small ones, 10-100g blister packed) and jewellery.
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Special delivery mistake
True, I was thinking of the more obvious ones which fit though letterboxes like bank cards or mobile phone sims. The truth is most of us have no idea what's inside so need to make sure they are delivered to the customer.bustedflush wrote: ↑13 Feb 2022, 12:48That's completely wrong. I delivered numerous SD letterbox-sized plastic envelopes and Jiffy Bags which among other things (customer informed when signing) apparently contained substantial amounts of foreign holiday currency, gold bullion bars (small ones, 10-100g blister packed) and jewellery.