People should know my thoughts on the 35 hour working week as I believe it to be a good thing.
A 35 hour 4 day working week is the way forward if the business really wants to promote a healthy and more productive workforce. Who wouldn't want 3 days off a week?? Plus there are also more staff that are available to cover duties in case of absence/sickness
We have more staff working extra indoor than ever before and most of it seems to be scanning in tracked items. Many of the part-timers are working more hours than me and I'm full-time.
People have commented that fewer days in the week would mean a bigger outdoor span but I disagree. We are doing collections from boxes and customers, we are scanning everything and anything and the latest move of scanning a photo of tracked parcels is just going to eat up the time available to deliver. Especially as we seem to be delivering more parcels than ever. Also most of us have returned to lapsing that fills that gap for a longer working day; regardless of whether posties take it or not.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
People should know my thoughts on the 35 hour working week as I believe it to be a good thing.
A 35 hour 4 day working week is the way forward if the business really wants to promote a healthy and more productive workforce. Who wouldn't want 3 days off a week?? Plus there are also more staff that are available to cover duties in case of absence/sickness
We have more staff working extra indoor than ever before and most of it seems to be scanning in tracked items. Many of the part-timers are working more hours than me and I'm full-time.
People have commented that fewer days in the week would mean a bigger outdoor span but I disagree. We are doing collections from boxes and customers, we are scanning everything and anything and the latest move of scanning a photo of tracked parcels is just going to eat up the time available to deliver. Especially as we seem to be delivering more parcels than ever. Also most of us have returned to lapsing that fills that gap for a longer working day; regardless of whether posties take it or not.
A near 9 hour day means the likelihood is the duties would need to be bigger
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
I imagine they'll take it to 35 hours over 5 days yet still expect the same amount to get delivered in that time, and act affronted and surprised when it doesn't
People should know my thoughts on the 35 hour working week as I believe it to be a good thing.
A 35 hour 4 day working week is the way forward if the business really wants to promote a healthy and more productive workforce. Who wouldn't want 3 days off a week?? Plus there are also more staff that are available to cover duties in case of absence/sickness
We have more staff working extra indoor than ever before and most of it seems to be scanning in tracked items. Many of the part-timers are working more hours than me and I'm full-time.
People have commented that fewer days in the week would mean a bigger outdoor span but I disagree. We are doing collections from boxes and customers, we are scanning everything and anything and the latest move of scanning a photo of tracked parcels is just going to eat up the time available to deliver. Especially as we seem to be delivering more parcels than ever. Also most of us have returned to lapsing that fills that gap for a longer working day; regardless of whether posties take it or not.
A near 9 hour day means the likelihood is the duties would need to be bigger
That's where shift patterns that are a little inventive come in. 5 days one week, 4 days the next etc etc.
I imagine they'll take it to 35 hours over 5 days yet still expect the same amount to get delivered in that time, and act affronted and surprised when it doesn't
I hope not. It's not win-win for us unless staff are prepared to drag it out for a few hours past their time everyday.
The win-win is the 4 day week, more time off,better work-life balance
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
I know we can generalise, but you've got to remember there's over a 1000 Delivery Offices across the country. We're all different and no two duties are the same.
It's a discussion forum, fair enough, but I think we need to bear in mind that just because something works, or doesn't work, in one particular DO that doesn't mean it's going to work everywhere. And it doesn't mean we're all going to be hit with same shitty stick .... Royal Mail have lots of different sized shitty sticks!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)