ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bringing things back to the depot

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Re: Bringing things back to the depot

Post by tractorboy2 »

Why some rep hasn't gone to conference and put in a motion that the cut off procedure is not fit for purpose baffles me.

If they cant make the deliveries easily doable in the allotted time , stuff 'em.
Racingpostie
Posts: 94
Joined: 23 Jun 2021, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: Bringing things back to the depot

Post by Racingpostie »

Unfortunately the majority of managers will rather you break down or close to it then learn what you will/won't do and then go forward from there, sad state of affairs but I've been here just coming up to 4 months and if you don't get help from a few fellow colleagues it can be an incredibly rough experience early doors.
TopperGas
Posts: 3526
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: Bringing things back to the depot

Post by TopperGas »

Mr Rush wrote: ↑
19 Oct 2021, 22:21
Kenfandango wrote: ↑
19 Oct 2021, 18:03
on induction I was told "we never give you more than you can handle,
That's awfully close to what I always tell new starts: "never take more than you can handle". We had a guy out at midnight a few years ago. Until you say no, they'll keep shovelling it to you.
Given that it was the posties first day on the run then how would he have a clue to know how much they should take out? Plus it seem posties are bringing post back rather than leaving it in the frame, so giving the impression that everything has gone out for delivery, even if it isn't all going to be delivered.

Personally, I would have called my DM and asked if I had to deliver the Special by 1pm as, if I did, there was no way I'd clear all my post. The balls then in his court if I don't complete my delivery.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Bringing things back to the depot

Post by SpacePhoenix »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 21:21
Personally, I would have called my DM and asked if I had to deliver the Special by 1pm as, if I did, there was no way I'd clear all my post. The balls then in his court if I don't complete my delivery.
If the DO is covers a town or an urban area then there's tbqf no excuse for the DOMs to not send out someone in a van to do all the SDs
CB3
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jan 2012, 16:23
Gender: Male

Re: Bringing things back to the depot

Post by CB3 »

Sounds like you put in a good days work. I would have asked the 2 managers what was the correct procedure and explain you have never been informed this procedure by Manager or Coach. Then listen to a there advice/guidance and follow that information for next time. In my experience some manager’s will try to intimidate employees(especially new entrants). I would discuss this incident with your line manager , coach and possibly CWU rep.
All the best . Good luck