Royal Mail don't have to have any "grounds" (by which I think you mean undeniable evidence) all it has to have is a reasonable suspicion that the event occurred. The law is pretty clear on the level of evidence needed in dismissal cases, in that the dismissal should be considered reasonable by anyone given the situation and knowledge of the dismissing manager of the incident that is available at the point of dismissal.
That might work in a court of law, with the prosecution needing to prove beyond reasonable doubt, and indeed may work in some cases at Royal Mail. However the "if looks more professional" is undermined when they have been LTBs, WTLLs and videos stating that it shouldn't be done.Momo90210 wrote: ↑12 Oct 2021, 23:20All the person here needed to say would be "I always fasten the seatbelt in after usage as in my opinion it looks more professional" no proof or driving without a seatbelt merely an empty van with a seatbelt fastened?
However if the person in question was caught driving by a manager with it fastened in different ball game
I hope he doesn't get sacked, but I am afraid offering up alternative explanations that they may use to explain their actions could make their dismissal more likely. My opinion, and its only my opinion, is when caught tell the truth, don't make excuses as you could be just digging a bigger hole.
I was about to be suspended once because of my posting on this site, but I owned up to it, and now Royal Mail know exactly who I am. But because I was honest and upfront I still work for Royal Mail. Now that could be considered a mistake, but heyho I live with the consequences of my decision.