ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No more Domino's leaflets?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

fb1969 wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2021, 17:49
No need for d2d to be prepped into the frame? With between 4 and 7 on my duty most weeks I have no idea how that is supposed to work!
2 or 3 of something like these per DO:

https://www.digitalprintermag.co.uk/new ... portfolio/
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by fb1969 »

We don't have enough room for the number of duties let alone a d2d sorting machine, let alone 2 or 3 of them!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by HTPostman »

I’ve said it before, I have no idea why these companies don’t have a focus group of posties/residents who report back on D2D design. B+Q I find are the worst, I reckon only 10% get through the door without any kind of rips or being squished. The cost of printing and the actual contract with RM can’t be cheap, so surely Domino’s, B+Q, Farmfoods etc would want their flyers delivered intact.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

HTPostman wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2021, 18:35
I’ve said it before, I have no idea why these companies don’t have a focus group of posties/residents who report back on D2D design. B+Q I find are the worst, I reckon only 10% get through the door without any kind of rips or being squished. The cost of printing and the actual contract with RM can’t be cheap, so surely Domino’s, B+Q, Farmfoods etc would want their flyers delivered intact.
What they could perhaps do is for RM and all these companies to get together and work out a spec that can be sorted by machine. If addressed then they could get sequenced. A national opt-out database could record who's opted out of getting D2Ds
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4116
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by ted_e_bear »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2021, 19:03
HTPostman wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2021, 18:35
I’ve said it before, I have no idea why these companies don’t have a focus group of posties/residents who report back on D2D design. B+Q I find are the worst, I reckon only 10% get through the door without any kind of rips or being squished. The cost of printing and the actual contract with RM can’t be cheap, so surely Domino’s, B+Q, Farmfoods etc would want their flyers delivered intact.
What they could perhaps do is for RM and all these companies to get together and work out a spec that can be sorted by machine. If addressed then they could get sequenced. A national opt-out database could record who's opted out of getting D2Ds
I think you've just described "delivery to specification mail" or whatever it's called.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

ted_e_bear wrote: ↑
23 Aug 2021, 09:27
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2021, 19:03
HTPostman wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2021, 18:35
I’ve said it before, I have no idea why these companies don’t have a focus group of posties/residents who report back on D2D design. B+Q I find are the worst, I reckon only 10% get through the door without any kind of rips or being squished. The cost of printing and the actual contract with RM can’t be cheap, so surely Domino’s, B+Q, Farmfoods etc would want their flyers delivered intact.
What they could perhaps do is for RM and all these companies to get together and work out a spec that can be sorted by machine. If addressed then they could get sequenced. A national opt-out database could record who's opted out of getting D2Ds
I think you've just described "delivery to specification mail" or whatever it's called.
Nope. If there was a national opt-out database when when the printer does the printing, they'd just omit the ones for address on the opt-out database
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by rubberbond »

If they’re as popular as it’s claimed they are, do it the other way round , have an opt in database.
WalkerX
Posts: 432
Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
Gender: Male

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by WalkerX »

D.O. wrote: ↑
20 Aug 2021, 22:52
We've got them next week
Got them this week, along with two other pieces of crap that nobody wants.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

We got a whole truckload for this week, too. Damn it. :evil/mad

ssdd wrote: ↑
20 Aug 2021, 21:48
Haven't had any in weeks.
Hey ssdd,

This morning I spoke with our Delivery Office Manager about your predicament. He said he's quite happy to ship all our Domino's door-to-doors to your office as soon as possible. :wink:

You're welcome. :thumbup
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: No more Domino's leaflets?

Post by ssdd »

PostmanBitesDog wrote: ↑
24 Aug 2021, 17:06
We got a whole truckload for this week, too. Damn it. :evil/mad

ssdd wrote: ↑
20 Aug 2021, 21:48
Haven't had any in weeks.
Hey ssdd,

This morning I spoke with our Delivery Office Manager about your predicament. He said he's quite happy to ship all our Domino's door-to-doors to your office as soon as possible. :wink:

You're welcome. :thumbup
That's awfully kind and thoughtful of you PBD. But, lo and behold, it looks like we actually do have some this week! :wave

I'm actually not making this up...they came in this week...so I don't understand why I was seeing the Domino's leaflets in the doors the other day. Either Domino's themselves, or another company have been delivering them. It just seems a bit of a waste of money in their part. :roll:

Anyway, I think my original question's been answered... :Sick