So how did it ever to the original address?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Suspected redirection fraud
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
Yes, you also get some people writing 'does not live here' as a way to stop mail from senders that they don't like, needless to say I don't tell them that I have been killing off all their mail until I realised they were still thereAcca Dacca wrote: ↑12 May 2021, 01:09Theres no 'official' way of being told not toebbzie wrote: ↑11 May 2021, 21:46Absolutely not. Deliver as addressed unless officially told not toAcca Dacca wrote: ↑11 May 2021, 20:52If you know they are definetly not at that address anymore then just kill any mail for them off with red stickers, tick the box that addressee no longer at address and return to sender
The person living at the address saying 'such and such doesnt live here' isnt official is it? Thats one persons words with no record of having said them. Yet thats what 99% of posties take as the ok to bump the mail gone away. Them writing 'does not live here' on the mail isnt official either.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
Not always. I also had a redirection from another walk in the office & that redirection was redirected again to another address.
Person lived at A.
Moved to B.
Then moved to C.
Redirection still went from A -> B -> C
Redirection A expired.
Redirection B - C still going strong after two years.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
Well I had redirection D!Route1 wrote: ↑13 May 2021, 13:26Not always. I also had a redirection from another walk in the office & that redirection was redirected again to another address.
Person lived at A.
Moved to B.
Then moved to C.
Redirection still went from A -> B -> C
Redirection A expired.
Redirection B - C still going strong after two years.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
What about the people that never get any mail to redirect.
There's an address on my duty that has had a redirection for at least 5 years, i don't think i've redirected anything within the last 6 months and didn't redirect much in the first place.
There's an address on my duty that has had a redirection for at least 5 years, i don't think i've redirected anything within the last 6 months and didn't redirect much in the first place.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
Craziest I've ever seen is a redirection from A -> B and there was also a redirection in place from B -> A!POSTMAN wrote: ↑13 May 2021, 15:48Well I had redirection D!Route1 wrote: ↑13 May 2021, 13:26Not always. I also had a redirection from another walk in the office & that redirection was redirected again to another address.
Person lived at A.
Moved to B.
Then moved to C.
Redirection still went from A -> B -> C
Redirection A expired.
Redirection B - C still going strong after two years.![]()
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
Have a redi from a redi active atm
Regularly gets mail.
No fraud there as I can see it, just people maybe going into rented now having bought a new house.
I also have a redi that goes from one half of a semi to the other side, all the same surname, go figure.
Regularly gets mail.
No fraud there as I can see it, just people maybe going into rented now having bought a new house.
I also have a redi that goes from one half of a semi to the other side, all the same surname, go figure.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
I had a redirection where the new owners had the exact same first and last names of the previous occupants (parents swapped houses with their son whose wife had the same first name as her mother in law, the son had the same initials too). They complained that the redirection was failing.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
Sorry to steal your thread, but I have a related question - maybe I’m a bit thick but how do we go about redirecting parcels? By that I mean how do we even pick them out?
Let me give an example. I’m on a busy rural, there’s 15 redirections in place and 250 parcels. It’s not my round so I can’t memorise all 15 redirects (I cover about 30 rounds).
Those 250 parcels go on the york. Am I meant to sift through all 250 parcels looking for any redirects?
‘Turn for your parcels’ I hear you say. But now I have the same issue - I’ve turned for a parcel for Manor Cottage which has a redirection, I now have to go through those 250 parcels seeing if it’s for Mr Smith the current resident or Mr Wallace the redirected one.
Even if I could memorise the names and pick out the parcels to be redirected as I’m prepping, at Christmas that plan falls through as a few of us are sent out early doing packet runs. So a parcel which should be redirected when you start on your redirections at 9am was already out the door at 7am with an early packet driver.
A couple of times a month we get customer complaints because a small parcel (contact lenses for example) wasn’t redirected but you don’t even get a telling off or coached for it. I think management realise it’s a flaw in the system.
Let me give an example. I’m on a busy rural, there’s 15 redirections in place and 250 parcels. It’s not my round so I can’t memorise all 15 redirects (I cover about 30 rounds).
Those 250 parcels go on the york. Am I meant to sift through all 250 parcels looking for any redirects?
‘Turn for your parcels’ I hear you say. But now I have the same issue - I’ve turned for a parcel for Manor Cottage which has a redirection, I now have to go through those 250 parcels seeing if it’s for Mr Smith the current resident or Mr Wallace the redirected one.
Even if I could memorise the names and pick out the parcels to be redirected as I’m prepping, at Christmas that plan falls through as a few of us are sent out early doing packet runs. So a parcel which should be redirected when you start on your redirections at 9am was already out the door at 7am with an early packet driver.
A couple of times a month we get customer complaints because a small parcel (contact lenses for example) wasn’t redirected but you don’t even get a telling off or coached for it. I think management realise it’s a flaw in the system.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
Officially means they have come into the office with proof of identity and living there and the manager has filled a card to be done with your redirections with instructions on what to kill offAcca Dacca wrote: ↑12 May 2021, 01:09Theres no 'official' way of being told not toebbzie wrote: ↑11 May 2021, 21:46Absolutely not. Deliver as addressed unless officially told not toAcca Dacca wrote: ↑11 May 2021, 20:52If you know they are definetly not at that address anymore then just kill any mail for them off with red stickers, tick the box that addressee no longer at address and return to sender
The person living at the address saying 'such and such doesnt live here' isnt official is it? Thats one persons words with no record of having said them. Yet thats what 99% of posties take as the ok to bump the mail gone away. Them writing 'does not live here' on the mail isnt official either.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
Not necessarily.
It's not unusual for people to move in to a temporary rental before they move into a permanent address, if you do move on again it's the only way to ensure mail for both of your previous addresses follows you.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
So you are telling me you have never killed off a single letter as 'no longer at this address' with red sticker unless the above has happened?ebbzie wrote: ↑07 Jun 2021, 18:19Officially means they have come into the office with proof of identity and living there and the manager has filled a card to be done with your redirections with instructions on what to kill offAcca Dacca wrote: ↑12 May 2021, 01:09Theres no 'official' way of being told not toebbzie wrote: ↑11 May 2021, 21:46Absolutely not. Deliver as addressed unless officially told not toAcca Dacca wrote: ↑11 May 2021, 20:52If you know they are definetly not at that address anymore then just kill any mail for them off with red stickers, tick the box that addressee no longer at address and return to sender
The person living at the address saying 'such and such doesnt live here' isnt official is it? Thats one persons words with no record of having said them. Yet thats what 99% of posties take as the ok to bump the mail gone away. Them writing 'does not live here' on the mail isnt official either.
If you havent then I think you are in the tiny minority
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
This is more of a case how quickly they are to accept someone else's mail . One was bank. One for the other address a mobile contract clearly for someone else
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: Suspected redirection fraud
Going back to the original post, it reminds me of a phone in I heard many years ago before I was a postie,
The phone in had an RM representative on and was asking for questions from listeners and one rang in with a complaint about the redirection service. I forget how long they had had it running for, but the complaint was that things were still being redirected and they had expected that the people sending the letters would have been told of their new address by then! It took a while for the RM rep to realise that the caller had expected the redirection service to have notified everyone they had done business with that they had moved.
Wondering if something similar has happened here. They have assumed that everyone was going to be given their new address!!
The phone in had an RM representative on and was asking for questions from listeners and one rang in with a complaint about the redirection service. I forget how long they had had it running for, but the complaint was that things were still being redirected and they had expected that the people sending the letters would have been told of their new address by then! It took a while for the RM rep to realise that the caller had expected the redirection service to have notified everyone they had done business with that they had moved.
Wondering if something similar has happened here. They have assumed that everyone was going to be given their new address!!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.