ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Van Share

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: Van Share

Post by Cedar_Room »

Ashley’s wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 18:18
Cedar_Room wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 17:39
Ashley’s wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 15:49
Cedar_Room wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 15:17
Why on earth would you celebrate this?
And why not? I don’t know if you’ve noticed but since lockdown a lot of post people have become so lazy that they now don’t want to work and complain when they are asked to complete on a daily basis! It was never going to go back to how we used to work 10 years ago so people have to accept that van share was always going to come back! If you don’t want to van share you could always go on a rural duty etc and work on your own!
Haha. Thanks for the info. A rural duty you say,working on my own. Interesting...I’ll definitely look into that
Clearly one of the lazy ones that don’t want to work so you’ll make up an excuse to try and not go back to van sharing!
Clearly petrified of working on their own & telling the Lino they can’t complete - desperate to get their park ‘n’ loop buddy back..that little crutch to hide behind! Is this you? :wave
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
Ashley’s
Posts: 44
Joined: 16 May 2018, 18:59
Gender: Female

Re: Van Share

Post by Ashley’s »

:left: :nana
Cedar_Room wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 18:24
Ashley’s wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 18:18
Cedar_Room wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 17:39
Ashley’s wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 15:49
Cedar_Room wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 15:17
Why on earth would you celebrate this?
And why not? I don’t know if you’ve noticed but since lockdown a lot of post people have become so lazy that they now don’t want to work and complain when they are asked to complete on a daily basis! It was never going to go back to how we used to work 10 years ago so people have to accept that van share was always going to come back! If you don’t want to van share you could always go on a rural duty etc and work on your own!
Haha. Thanks for the info. A rural duty you say,working on my own. Interesting...I’ll definitely look into that
Clearly one of the lazy ones that don’t want to work so you’ll make up an excuse to try and not go back to van sharing!
Clearly petrified of working on their own & telling the Lino they can’t complete - desperate to get their park ‘n’ loop buddy back..that little crutch to hide behind! Is this you? :wave
[/quote

You describe yourself so well!! Lol at the loser!!
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by Murdoch »

It's really idiotic to go around calling your fellow colleagues "lazy" after the year we've all just had. To a man every single person in my DO has been worked to the bone, it's been exceptionally busy.

This was all while half the country were getting paid to sit at home, whether that be on furlough, or pretending to work.

What short memories people have. Stop back stabbing your fellow posties, it's pathetic.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by Acca Dacca »

Murdoch wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 21:01
It's really idiotic to go around calling your fellow colleagues "lazy" after the year we've all just had. To a man every single person in my DO has been worked to the bone, it's been exceptionally busy.

This was all while half the country were getting paid to sit at home, whether that be on furlough, or pretending to work.

What short memories people have. Stop back stabbing your fellow posties, it's pathetic.
:Applause :Applause :Applause
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by grchpo »

twoloops wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 18:06
My partner & I are going to stick to single van, we take it in turns to drive, meaning the walker can go straight home instead of going back to the office. :thumbup
And how is that gonna work when you have to clock in & clock out
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by Alexei »

twoloops wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 18:06
My partner & I are going to stick to single van, we take it in turns to drive, meaning the walker can go straight home instead of going back to the office. :thumbup
I think agreements like this can be great if they're civil and with best intentions, but I'm certain I recall seeing with the introduction of the clocking in & out system, anyone found doing it on behalf of another would be dismissed.

Edit: On topic of van share ... Kind of mixed bag for me. My duty is a standalone, and it's one of the closest to the office. Some days on my backshift I get my/a van, most day's i'm left with a HCT. The HCT vastly reduces my 'delivery time' and capacity, so I benefit in that regard, I still work my hours though, just no oversized packets. The negative was the absolute fatigue I encouter come the end of the week, and lack of respite from torrential downpours. So it's a kind of catch22 situation for myself - get van with more work and less fatigue, or stick with HCT with less work but more physically demanding :d'oh!
Lauren1y
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 May 2021, 23:39
Gender: Female

Re: Van Share

Post by Lauren1y »

Acca Dacca wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 22:07
Murdoch wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 21:01
It's really idiotic to go around calling your fellow colleagues "lazy" after the year we've all just had. To a man every single person in my DO has been worked to the bone, it's been exceptionally busy.

This was all while half the country were getting paid to sit at home, whether that be on furlough, or pretending to work.

What short memories people have. Stop back stabbing your fellow posties, it's pathetic.
:Applause :Applause :Applause

I personally agree with the person that has said some posties are “lazy” I for one have worked very hard throughout this pandemic but I know so many posties have had it very easy and with van sharing been reintroduced are having a meltdown as they only want to go out with packets and no mail. You can call me pathetic for saying this however I’m sure many posties on this forum will agree with what I’m saying....I don’t think anyone is back stabbing they are simply saying what they think & i am in agreement with what they’ve said.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by Murdoch »

Lauren1y wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 23:47
I personally agree with the person that has said some posties are “lazy” I for one have worked very hard throughout this pandemic but I know so many posties have had it very easy and with van sharing been reintroduced are having a meltdown as they only want to go out with packets and no mail. You can call me pathetic for saying this however I’m sure many posties on this forum will agree with what I’m saying....I don’t think anyone is back stabbing they are simply saying what they think & i am in agreement with what they’ve said.
So, let me get this straight. You've worked hard thoughout the pandemic, but "so many posties" have had it easy.

And this in a nutshell, is why Royal Mail has some of the most dysfunctional members of staff, and working relationships.

Everybody else thinks, everybody else has it easy.

There are a lot of things I could call this mentality...
Lauren1y
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 May 2021, 23:39
Gender: Female

Re: Van Share

Post by Lauren1y »

:arrrghhh
Murdoch wrote: ↑
07 May 2021, 00:20
Lauren1y wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 23:47
I personally agree with the person that has said some posties are “lazy” I for one have worked very hard throughout this pandemic but I know so many posties have had it very easy and with van sharing been reintroduced are having a meltdown as they only want to go out with packets and no mail. You can call me pathetic for saying this however I’m sure many posties on this forum will agree with what I’m saying....I don’t think anyone is back stabbing they are simply saying what they think & i am in agreement with what they’ve said.
So, let me get this straight. You've worked hard thoughout the pandemic, but "so many posties" have had it easy.

And this in a nutshell, is why Royal Mail has some of the most dysfunctional members of staff, and working relationships.

Everybody else thinks, everybody else has it easy.

There are a lot of things I could call this mentality...
:arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by Woody Guthrie »

There are some pretty pathetic attitudes in this thread.
I wouldn't want to work with some of you guys.
If you want to be managers apply for a position.
Only dead fish follow the current
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by Alexei »

Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑
07 May 2021, 04:28
There are some pretty pathetic attitudes in this thread.
I wouldn't want to work with some of you guys.
If you want to be managers apply for a position.
There are certainly people in my office who are using the pandemic to get an easy life and never had it better, and there are others that are without a doubt getting the short end of the stick. What I recognise the dynamic to be is the former tends to be argumentative with management and will work to time, while the latter are the individuals who tend not to stick up to the managers. As usual, the latter are likely resentful towards the militant type because they take advantage of their argumentative ways, and possibly envious because they don't have the courage to argue themselves. People really should concern themselves with their own duties and responsibilities, but it can be difficult when there are plenty of injustices dispalyed in the operation.

People can be overly emotional and don't know how to properly control their responses. It happens often on here, and I imagine the conditions between posties must be pretty hostile :neutral:
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

Will we still be able to fit all the oversize packets for two walks in a small van, as we all know packets have increased a hell of a lot since we last van sheared before the first lockdown. :hmmmm
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by 2yearpostie »

30+YEARMAN wrote: ↑
07 May 2021, 15:29
Will we still be able to fit all the oversize packets for two walks in a small van, as we all know packets have increased a hell of a lot since we last van sheared before the first lockdown. :hmmmm
Not our problem, thats for the DOM to worry about.
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by citypostie »

twoloops wrote: ↑
06 May 2021, 18:06
My partner & I are going to stick to single van, we take it in turns to drive, meaning the walker can go straight home instead of going back to the office. :thumbup
When it isn't voluntary anymore to van share they will take away the permission to use your car and it will be a conduct code issue again unless you work in one of the parallel universe offices where the use of cars never stopped and theyve never van shared
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share

Post by wookie »

What if your van share partner has not had or refused to get vaccinated? Will Royal Mail force you to van share? And if they bring back van sharing, then I assume, will bring back pda signatures and handing parcels over to customers. It looks a bit of a double standard to say 'you must van share but keep signing for stuff yourself'. :nervous