ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Paid for travel time?
-
bishopoflove
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 02 Mar 2016, 09:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid for travel time?
Had the same thing refused to use my own car, I reported to my own office and they got me a taxi to take me to the other office cost them £40 in fares, they didn't do it again.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid for travel time?
Luckily I knew the drill when I was asked. The conversation was something like:
DOM "Can you go to X tomorrow? It's really easy there blah blah blah"
Me "Sounds good. I'm not insured to drive my car there, so I'll be here normal time. Can you make sure you've held a van back for me to get there and back"
DOM "It's OK. Never mind"
"Fred, can you go to X tomorrow? It's really easy there blah blah...................
If you fancy the change of scenery and don't mind then give it a go, but don't let them shaft you, and fill your boots with the O/T
DOM "Can you go to X tomorrow? It's really easy there blah blah blah"
Me "Sounds good. I'm not insured to drive my car there, so I'll be here normal time. Can you make sure you've held a van back for me to get there and back"
DOM "It's OK. Never mind"
"Fred, can you go to X tomorrow? It's really easy there blah blah...................
If you fancy the change of scenery and don't mind then give it a go, but don't let them shaft you, and fill your boots with the O/T
-
Smir
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid for travel time?
used to do this stuff when I was new, just hope you pay you what your owed, make you feel guilty for asking for it 2 weeks later because its still not been paid.
you soon learn to just work your hours.
you soon learn to just work your hours.