ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MRM.COM : The Big Trust Survey is live! The survey is open until 9th May.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Xeonus
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Oct 2018, 12:52
Gender: Male

Re: MRM.COM : The Big Trust Survey is live! The survey is open until 9th May.

Post by Xeonus »

rogersh wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2021, 18:34
Xeonus wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2021, 17:56
rogersh wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2021, 15:43
I fail to see how the Big trust Survey can provide an accurate reflection of Royal Mail Group colleagues views if it is true that agency staff have been participating in the survey.
This survey is for all Royal Mail Group colleagues working together on the same tasks with the same management indeed, much like Parcel Force and others. You can see evidence of Angard Staffing Solutions being a part of RMG directly on the website

No clue who is filling the survey in from within the workforces of each Mail Centre , but I imagine common issues like B&H or Health and Safety can potentially be experienced equally.
Your point is not how the CWU view it, according to Terry Pullinger in the live facebook Q&A session:

quote "I don't remember us talking about are agency members filling it in .. this is more about Royal Mail Group employees, I have been told, don't know how true it is, that some agency workers have just been scanning the code.... they have been participating, some of the agency workers, but I don't remember us specifically saying the Angard members would get it, this isn't like a CWU survey it is a joint Royal Mail Group/cwu survey for RMG employees"
I know, I watch all the CWU Live's relevant to processing and mail centres. Even watched a CWU live on youtube recently from area reps in the North East CWU, who revealed that York Mail Centre has 11,000 angard hours a week on average.
So much potential for converting many experienced and willing hardworking Angard colleagues in Royal Mail Group, onto reserve/cover/flexible permanent contracts.

I like that you do not disagree with my point rogersh that all of us who work together can experience the same concerns though since we are all doing the same work. Except machine work of course; like the PSM, CSS, IMPs etc.
It can be hard to feel appreciated or even be motivated enough to work hard, when there are people working beside us that are treated badly for no logical reason whatsoever.
Royal Mail OPG at an MC since 2022.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: MRM.COM : The Big Trust Survey is live! The survey is open until 9th May.

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Xeonus wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2021, 19:50
Except machine work of course; like the PSM, CSS, IMPs etc.
Some of our casuals are machine trained
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: MRM.COM : The Big Trust Survey is live! The survey is open until 9th May.

Post by rogersh »

Xeonus wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2021, 19:50
rogersh wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2021, 18:34
Xeonus wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2021, 17:56
rogersh wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2021, 15:43
I fail to see how the Big trust Survey can provide an accurate reflection of Royal Mail Group colleagues views if it is true that agency staff have been participating in the survey.
This survey is for all Royal Mail Group colleagues working together on the same tasks with the same management indeed, much like Parcel Force and others. You can see evidence of Angard Staffing Solutions being a part of RMG directly on the website

No clue who is filling the survey in from within the workforces of each Mail Centre , but I imagine common issues like B&H or Health and Safety can potentially be experienced equally.
Your point is not how the CWU view it, according to Terry Pullinger in the live facebook Q&A session:

quote "I don't remember us talking about are agency members filling it in .. this is more about Royal Mail Group employees, I have been told, don't know how true it is, that some agency workers have just been scanning the code.... they have been participating, some of the agency workers, but I don't remember us specifically saying the Angard members would get it, this isn't like a CWU survey it is a joint Royal Mail Group/cwu survey for RMG employees"
I know, I watch all the CWU Live's relevant to processing and mail centres. Even watched a CWU live on youtube recently from area reps in the North East CWU, who revealed that York Mail Centre has 11,000 angard hours a week on average.
So much potential for converting many experienced and willing hardworking Angard colleagues in Royal Mail Group, onto reserve/cover/flexible permanent contracts.

I like that you do not disagree with my point rogersh that all of us who work together can experience the same concerns though since we are all doing the same work. Except machine work of course; like the PSM, CSS, IMPs etc.
It can be hard to feel appreciated or even be motivated enough to work hard, when there are people working beside us that are treated badly for no logical reason whatsoever.
The more relevant point is that previous Employee Opinion Surveys indicate the percentage of colleagues who took part in the survey. The figure of RM employees this year is circa 140,000. (obviously the agency are not included in this figure). Employees are then sent the national percentage results, including the % of those who completed the survey. Each workplace is then given their individual results across each shift.

It appears unfortunate that confusion may now exist in not being able to establish who exactly participated.
Xeonus
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Oct 2018, 12:52
Gender: Male

Re: MRM.COM : The Big Trust Survey is live! The survey is open until 9th May.

Post by Xeonus »

rogersh wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2021, 23:09
It appears unfortunate that confusion may now exist in not being able to establish who exactly participated.
Ah yes, I can see how this would be an additional problem. Pretty difficult to do a private survey when requiring people to be anonymous.
Maybe the next survey could be done on Workplace as this is an application which Angard have no access to currently.
Royal Mail OPG at an MC since 2022.