ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Election material payments

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: Election material payments

Post by Celgar »

We delivered the poll cards a number of weeks ago but still haven't been paid for them.
We have noticed election leaflets coming through in posted envelopes therefore no additional payment is given plus they have to be delivered on the day they arrive. They are posted via DSA as well so even less revenue for RM as well. Have also noticed volunteers out delivering leaflets.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

Re: Election material payments

Post by Burghboy »

fed_up_postie wrote: ↑
15 Apr 2021, 04:13
6p an item??? We get 3.7p an item!! How are managers still getting away with this?? Surely it should be the same payment throughout the whole country
things like this are exactly how the union are failing the workforce, if you do the same job you should get the same pay.
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Election material payments

Post by wazer »

How can it be different payments, I thought the union agreed our 3.7 p. 🤔
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: Election material payments

Post by ArthurPewty »

What's the score with election material? I know we get paid for polling cards, but I thought we got paid for crappy 'Vote X' leaflets as well?
I came in this week to about 6 D2D's one of which was a 'Vote X' leaflet. When I asked about it I was told they're classed as D2D's now. Is this right??
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Election material payments

Post by yellowbelly »

ArthurPewty wrote: ↑
28 Apr 2021, 14:20
What's the score with election material? I know we get paid for polling cards, but I thought we got paid for crappy 'Vote X' leaflets as well?
I came in this week to about 6 D2D's one of which was a 'Vote X' leaflet. When I asked about it I was told they're classed as D2D's now. Is this right??
See the first post on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=99959&p=937246(LTB 111/21), it might clear up what
you get paid for and what you don't.
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: Election material payments

Post by ArthurPewty »

Cheers :thumbup , sounds like they should be attracting the payment from that not slipped in as D2D's. I'll ask the rep to get it clarified
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Election material payments

Post by wazer »

Still no payments. Wot a cock up in our office. Sheets coming out wrong,Sheets not coming out, Election material on wrong fitting and areas. Loads all over the office. CWU have said nothing (the norm). Managers haven't got a clue wots going on. This is more stressful than anything in the last year and it's only letters.!!!!!!
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Re: Election material payments

Post by Lou84 »

We still haven't been paid for the polling cards !

First excuse was the relief managers car broke down, wtf that has to do with polling card payments is anyone guess !!

Now we've been told they couldn't process the payments until after the elections

Total crap