In my opinion a Christmas strike won't happen in a month of Boxing Days. It would undermine the anti-privatisation campaign, and anyway its likely that the point would be moot by then anyway. Autumn is the likely float time Sep/Oct.
The reasons for a strike, and why I will vote yes, for me at least are.
1. To make the point that they have no political mandate for Privatisation.
2. To make the point to Royal Mail that I won't accept a No Strike deal, even if its a temporary one up to Christmas. If we accept this one, what going to stop them getting a permanent one.
3. I want more details on this ""agenda for growth and industrial stability”" and if removing it or getting more details means we need a Yes vote or strike then so be it.
4. A Yes vote also registers my opposition to the Pension changes, even though personally they will have less effect on me than long servers.
5. Finally as a marker for who ever does take us over, that we won't be a push over and we will fight to keep or defend our T&Cs.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Strike Ballot coming up
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Strike Ballot coming up
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: Strike Ballot coming up
They will probably bring the bus out again and someone told me on here they have postcards to mp.