ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What type of customers annoy you most
-
revilo88
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 25 May 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Being called postie to my face.
You wouldnt call anyone else in any other job by their profession, so why me.
"Excuse me accountant"
"Mechanic, my cars broken"
"Just these please, Sales attendant"
Really does get to me some days!
People never fixing doorbells after many cheeky reminders.
The list is endless.
You wouldnt call anyone else in any other job by their profession, so why me.
"Excuse me accountant"
"Mechanic, my cars broken"
"Just these please, Sales attendant"
Really does get to me some days!
People never fixing doorbells after many cheeky reminders.
The list is endless.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
revilo88 wrote:Being called postie to my face.
You wouldnt call anyone else in any other job by their profession, so why me.
"Excuse me accountant"
"Mechanic, my cars broken"
"Just these please, Sales attendant"
Really does get to me some days!
People never fixing doorbells after many cheeky reminders.
The list is endless.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
jockstrapp
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 970
- Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Re. what do customers do that annoy me.................................GET FECKIN MAIL................

-
revilo88
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 25 May 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Now thats a term i havnt heard since about the middle ages!disgruntledpostie1 wrote:revilo88 wrote:Being called postie to my face.
You wouldnt call anyone else in any other job by their profession, so why me.
"Excuse me accountant"
"Mechanic, my cars broken"
"Just these please, Sales attendant"
Really does get to me some days!
People never fixing doorbells after many cheeky reminders.
The list is endless.Barkeep, barkeep where's my drink
The only other job i can think of where it seems acceptable to call a person by their profession is Airline stewards and stewardess's. any more offerings?
-
Ahebban
- Posts: 695
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 13:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: Left of ... Left
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Postie and Mr Postman are what i usually get called.
I always ensure that i have my mp3/radio ear-phones plugged in so that i can ignore the effing ignorant 'Oi, you' brigade whether it's switched on or not.
You never hear the milkman being referred to as 'Milkie'!
I always ensure that i have my mp3/radio ear-phones plugged in so that i can ignore the effing ignorant 'Oi, you' brigade whether it's switched on or not.
You never hear the milkman being referred to as 'Milkie'!
Ahebban - anglo-saxon in origin - meaning 'Wages War'
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I believe they like to be called 'Flight Attendants'revilo88 wrote:Now thats a term i havnt heard since about the middle ages!disgruntledpostie1 wrote:revilo88 wrote:Being called postie to my face.
You wouldnt call anyone else in any other job by their profession, so why me.
"Excuse me accountant"
"Mechanic, my cars broken"
"Just these please, Sales attendant"
Really does get to me some days!
People never fixing doorbells after many cheeky reminders.
The list is endless.Barkeep, barkeep where's my drink
The only other job i can think of where it seems acceptable to call a person by their profession is Airline stewards and stewardess's. any more offerings?
I personally hate being called Postman Pat, it was funny the first time but now I just take my black and white cat and piss off
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
revilo88
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 25 May 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Im yet to be called postman pat, embarrassingly enough my pet cat is called jess though 
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I got it for the first time a few weeks ago - it was bad enough getting it from the kid who's birthday it was, but I managed to smile wanly......but when the mum started up I wanted to decapitate her on the spot!

I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Well when I speak to my GP I call her 'Doctor'. And if I need to speak to a bus driver I usually call him/her 'driver'.revilo88 wrote:Now thats a term i havnt heard since about the middle ages!disgruntledpostie1 wrote:revilo88 wrote:Being called postie to my face.
You wouldnt call anyone else in any other job by their profession, so why me.
"Excuse me accountant"
"Mechanic, my cars broken"
"Just these please, Sales attendant"
Really does get to me some days!
People never fixing doorbells after many cheeky reminders.
The list is endless.Barkeep, barkeep where's my drink
The only other job i can think of where it seems acceptable to call a person by their profession is Airline stewards and stewardess's. any more offerings?
And when I (rarely) use a London Taxi I might address the driver as 'Cabbie'.
I don't usually wear RM uniform to and from work now because I usually get stopped at least once
by someone asking me directions to somewhere, and they usually address me as 'postie', if I don't
know where the address, nearest pillar box/post office is they say 'but you're a postie'.
-
Wiltshireboy
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 31 Oct 2007, 18:14
- Location: Tidworth Wiltshire
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
People that approach me either a) too far from their house, or b) or are totally unknown to me, and say "got anything for me?"
Like I can remember who has got mail out of 560 drops!!!!!
Before the "you shouldnt give mail out in the street" brigade kick off.I dont.
I just say no, if its people I know that are miles from home.Then chuckle to myself as I imagine them getting home later to see the mail on the mat. 
Before the "you shouldnt give mail out in the street" brigade kick off.I dont.
-
stodgy88
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
when they say ,your late ,you big nosed ,specky foureyed pile of s**t ,yes thats quiet annoying
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
and then when they mumble something as they pick themselves up off the pavement.stodgy88 wrote:when they say ,your late ,you big nosed ,specky foureyed pile of s**t ,yes thats quiet annoying
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
shelanda
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 19 May 2007, 20:44
- Location: south east
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I hate it when they keep former tenants mail for months and months, then bring the pile in and you have to kill it all off!!!
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I detest those garden paths that you can't walk up without brushing against overgrown plants and getting covered in cobwebs, or worse, wet after it's been raining. Loads of those on the walks I cover. Some have trees with branches that almost reach the ground. Ducking and diving to avoid them...grrrrrr...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I just walk straight through them with the hand holding their mail in front of me - to protect my face of course.NewPostieUK wrote:I detest those garden paths that you can't walk up without brushing against overgrown plants and getting covered in cobwebs, or worse, wet after it's been raining. Loads of those on the walks I cover. Some have trees with branches that almost reach the ground. Ducking and diving to avoid them...grrrrrr...
When asked once by a customer why their mail was wet I said because there is no way I can get to your door without pushing through the undergrowth and if I get wet there is no way I can keep your mail dry is there. Next sunny day he was out lopping off branches so I said thanks.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.