ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why start early?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Why start early?

Post by clashcityrocker »

What would be the harm?
Everyone always moans about the trend towards later finishes.
Your DO could buck the trend and have recognised earlier finishes.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
hubbahubba
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1045
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
Gender: Female

Re: Why start early?

Post by hubbahubba »

calpsy wrote:
hubbahubba wrote:Instead of 9-2,do 8.30-1.30 AS DUTY,that,i believe is what they mean?I fail to see how this is confusing,unless your'e looking for a bite....... :roll:
FOR WHAT REASON ? ? ? who is it benefiting ??? Im serious i dont have a clue WHAT the benefit would be .

Because it would be offical,and not just "an arrangment",so if anything was disputed by a manger,you wouldn't be hung out to dry.....You honestly can't see the benefit of that? :hmmmm :d'oh!
same as it ever was...
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by calpsy »

fishtank wrote:Calpsy...Why bother posting at all if you are just going to go back and edit your posts?
In my opinion that's just a cheap attempt at making others look foolish and i hate to break the news to you...it's you that's looking less than mature.
Wise up..for everybody's sake. :cuppa
Tell me what posts i edited and what the problem is
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Why start early?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

calpsy wrote:
fishtank wrote:Calpsy...Why bother posting at all if you are just going to go back and edit your posts?
In my opinion that's just a cheap attempt at making others look foolish and i hate to break the news to you...it's you that's looking less than mature.
Wise up..for everybody's sake. :cuppa
Tell me what posts i edited and what the problem is
I asked for one to be edited as it broke the rules.

It is easy to spot which ones are edited as it has at the bottom of the post something like this:
Last edited by calpsy on March 4th, 2011, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFAIK if you edit before a new post is added then it will not show it has been edited.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by calpsy »

Asked everyone in my office today who i DIDNT know for a fact started early and all but 3 said they did .

The other 3 couldnt get in early cos they have to depend on a lift in .

Maybe we are just a bad office . OR a good office as I think .

Oh and in the house for 10am . AM I gloating clash ???? Yes probably i am this time but just for you .
banjo1t
Posts: 56
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by banjo1t »

Calpsy:
I'm beginning to doubt whether you actually work for RM?
10am finish!

I noticed you actually posted today at 12:45!!
Is it your day off?
______________________________________________________________
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by SWIM »

banjo1t wrote:Calpsy:
I'm beginning to doubt whether you actually work for RM?
10am finish!

I noticed you actually posted today at 12:45!!
Is it your day off?
that's what I thought. :hmmmm
'deal of the century' - dingo
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by calpsy »

ERM ............... Im not one of these guys that LIVE on here jeez .

Granted it wasnt a heavy day but yes 2 1/2 hrs today . Sweated like a biatch though :left:
mr deeds
Posts: 212
Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 17:23
Gender: Female

Re: Why start early?

Post by mr deeds »

mr deeds wrote:
calpsy wrote:This is brought up all the time .

This is an example for ME

Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.

If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .

Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !

SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .

YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?[/quo
this post is not mine hacked
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Why start early?

Post by krussel »

Calpsy...

That's a blast from the past. :shock:

I thought he was back for a moment until I read the date of this thread. :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Why start early?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mr deeds wrote:
mr deeds wrote:
calpsy wrote:This is brought up all the time .

This is an example for ME

Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.

If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .

Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !

SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .

YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?
this post is not mine hacked
Not hacked mate - just a missing ote] to close a quote.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by hampshireman »

calpsy wrote:I seem to be getting a few agreeing with me ....... well the ones with BALLS cos i reckon theres about 80% with me .

The jobsworths that sit there and say IM NOT GOING OUT UNTIL THE OFFICIAL TIME yawn blah yawn blah ........ GET A LIFE ! ! !

If your told you can go out early and finish after the last letter are you gonna say ....... No boss . That would mean im costing RM an hour . Im not willing to do that . :left:

Well if thats YOU then your a clown . You know im right and i will back it up forever cos i know im right . Park and poop wont happen in our office cos its a bag of shite .
Having read your posts .Am trying to work out whether you are a 'wind up merchant' .Or just daft?
Hitcher
Posts: 1537
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by Hitcher »

Both.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Why start early?

Post by krussel »

hampshireman wrote:
calpsy wrote:I seem to be getting a few agreeing with me ....... well the ones with BALLS cos i reckon theres about 80% with me .

The jobsworths that sit there and say IM NOT GOING OUT UNTIL THE OFFICIAL TIME yawn blah yawn blah ........ GET A LIFE ! ! !

If your told you can go out early and finish after the last letter are you gonna say ....... No boss . That would mean im costing RM an hour . Im not willing to do that . :left:

Well if thats YOU then your a clown . You know im right and i will back it up forever cos i know im right . Park and poop wont happen in our office cos its a bag of shite .
Having read your posts .Am trying to work out whether you are a 'wind up merchant' .Or just daft?

He was a bit of both. Annoying mostly but still quite entertaining.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by daveyeff »

clashcityrocker wrote:Is a "fluffer" not a young lady employed in the porn industry to ensure the male porn stars remain"interested" between takes?
they all lost their jobs to ''viagra''