Excellent that is one of the aims of this board.realgonegirl wrote:I am on 9-15 til 1-15 hours and I dont make it in on time for WTL ... guttedlol
On a more serious note, i feel a bit left out. I dont get to chat to other posties as they have mostly all left by the time i get there. Ive worked for RM for nearly a year now and ive learnt more stuff just by reading posts on this site in 30 mins than i have in a year at RM
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The 'WTLL Tuesday' thread.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2977
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
I heard something along those lines, via a chat on mobile whilst I was away on me jollies. Interesting, gonna may a note and just might give it a mention sometime in the VERY near future.kjbosco wrote:When you watch the video,dvd,plasma,14'',puppet show or what ever way they show it to you, not that ive seen it yet, but supposedly Tom Melvin opperations director has a bit to say, i've heard hes left or following soon, managing director Ian Griffiths out the door who left last month because he dissagreed with the propposed business plan, seen it as unrealistic. Make sure you question them on that, if their own team dont agree with it why should we.
-
fedup postie
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 12 May 2007, 21:59
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: WTL ?
At the moment every day when they have their own propaganda to spoutdogfood wrote:I have been at the post office for 6 years and have only had about a dozen WTL sessions that last one must have been over 18 months ago. What is the criteria for WTL are they supposed to be weekly, monthly or never?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
F0zziebear
- MYSTERY MAN
- Posts: 637
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 23:45
re: Weekly and two way
The idea that Leighton brought with him from Asda is the following:
At least once a week get the team together for a chat. It is not supposed to be a briefing (exclusively). The idea is to raise local issues that need to be resolved.
On this thread it seems that Ops Managers still have not grabbed this concept.
When I ran the sessions I asked what issues my posties had. We listed them and gave action points out (most were for me) we then reviewed them to following week to see where we got to. At times I had issues I wanted to raise, and also wanted to share information that might be of interest. First Line Fix was suppsoed to be used in conjunction with these sessions to resolve local issues.
Somehow this simple idea has been ridiculed and not implemented properly. It should be seen as something people want to do as it will actually help involved.
What I find on here is that people find these sessions boring at best, and at worst getting in the way of doing the daily job.
F0zz
At least once a week get the team together for a chat. It is not supposed to be a briefing (exclusively). The idea is to raise local issues that need to be resolved.
On this thread it seems that Ops Managers still have not grabbed this concept.
When I ran the sessions I asked what issues my posties had. We listed them and gave action points out (most were for me) we then reviewed them to following week to see where we got to. At times I had issues I wanted to raise, and also wanted to share information that might be of interest. First Line Fix was suppsoed to be used in conjunction with these sessions to resolve local issues.
Somehow this simple idea has been ridiculed and not implemented properly. It should be seen as something people want to do as it will actually help involved.
What I find on here is that people find these sessions boring at best, and at worst getting in the way of doing the daily job.
F0zz
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2977
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: WTL ?
Yes indeed, they ARE supposed to be WEEKLY. In the annual "Have your say" questionaire, there is a question, on whether we are getting regular WTLLdogfood wrote:I have been at the post office for 6 years and have only had about a dozen WTL sessions that last one must have been over 18 months ago. What is the criteria for WTL are they supposed to be weekly, monthly or never?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
F0zzie I wish it was the way you described but as soon as we ask questions in our WTL we get a standard reply "Don't ask me - I was just told to tell you this"
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
F0zziebear
- MYSTERY MAN
- Posts: 637
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 23:45
So wtf don't they do them this way?
You now begin to understand why I jumped out of Ops. I was earning the same money being a lakky in HQ without having the threat of harassment cases, starting at 6am, regularly finishing late, dealing with angry customers, posties, management, no social life, the list goes on.
Don't miss it apart from the comaradarie with the posties. That was priceless
F0zz
Don't miss it apart from the comaradarie with the posties. That was priceless
F0zz
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2977
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
-
robd
- Posts: 510
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 12:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
Fozz,
i told my manager a better format would be a 'surgery'where at an agreed time the people who had genuine concerns regarding issues relating to
the office could be resolved.
all too often people feel obliged to attend the WTLL sessions but are clock watching and raise no questions,also he seems to highlight national
agendas that most people are already aware of.
He felt it was a good idea,but that no one would attend,i tried to send my suggestion to ask.alan@royal mail,but it appears to no longer exist,
hmm,i wonder why
i told my manager a better format would be a 'surgery'where at an agreed time the people who had genuine concerns regarding issues relating to
the office could be resolved.
all too often people feel obliged to attend the WTLL sessions but are clock watching and raise no questions,also he seems to highlight national
agendas that most people are already aware of.
He felt it was a good idea,but that no one would attend,i tried to send my suggestion to ask.alan@royal mail,but it appears to no longer exist,
hmm,i wonder why
-
tasam
- Posts: 202
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 15:49
I no longer take much notice of 'management gripes' (WTLL sessions).
I took to the label 'management gripes' because that's all we ever got.
Any questions, suggestions for improvement etc are always ignored (even if it's a H&S issue)
Now they're just a 15 minute sit down (with a coffee) on managements orders.
If they won't listen to me, why should I listen to them???
-
postie dave
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 03 Jun 2007, 12:59
- Location: Tyneside
Re: re: Weekly and two way
You have hit the nail on the head. We are told when to go, where to go and what its about, then right at the end he asks if we have anything we want to bring up. If you dare raise your hand the first thing you will hear is ........'shut the F**K up, I want to get out of here.' The manager smiles and everyone walks away.F0zziebear wrote:
What I find on here is that people find these sessions boring at best, and at worst getting in the way of doing the daily job.
F0zz
Foot Postman (FT), Jesmond Area.
Newcastle-upon-tyne
My D.O.M. only takes me down the conduct
code to 'help me' to learn from my mistakes.
For this, I thank him, I now, know the code
better than he does, which indeed helps.
Newcastle-upon-tyne
My D.O.M. only takes me down the conduct
code to 'help me' to learn from my mistakes.
For this, I thank him, I now, know the code
better than he does, which indeed helps.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
I wonder is there any way we could use the WTLL to work against them. What I mean is get a few lads together and ask questions for as long as possible, if it lasts long enough tell the screw you cant complete your round now and no you don't want overtime.
Only problem is you'd have to keep it going for ages.
Only problem is you'd have to keep it going for ages.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
L Tommo
- Posts: 3165
- Joined: 06 Feb 2007, 09:43
- Gender: Male
- Location: WATCHING YOU WATCHING ME!
TBT
HAHAHAHA THATS WHERE I COME IN!!!
OUT
DONT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YA DOWN!!!
PS i once had a screw nearly crying at a WTL... had em in there for an hour ...
OUT
DONT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YA DOWN!!!
PS i once had a screw nearly crying at a WTL... had em in there for an hour ...
L TOMMO.... ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM........
EAST LONDON MAIL CENTER-ISHHHH
EAST LONDON MAIL CENTER-ISHHHH