ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

You're playing with fire gents.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by fng »

fishtank wrote:
Locker Dave wrote:I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8.
That's a small B&B Dave....expense account cutbacks?
Make sure you're down early...breakfast stops at 8.30...don't want to be left with that individual pack of All Bran from the tray in your room. :Sick
Or eating a bacon butty in a Mondeo from a greasy spoon off the M5, with your jacket hanging up in the back passenger window ......... :hmmmm im hungry now, could murder a bacon cob ! :d'oh!
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by TeeferTiger »

I have 2 friends/acquaintances on facebook who tend to post a lot about what new expensive things they've bought and how wonderful their life is etc etc. I'm not jealous because if we wanted a new massive TV/car/whatever, we'd get one. However, we believe there's more to life and we're happy as we are. Money and possessions aren't everything :Very Happy
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by bunkerland »

Locker Dave wrote:No worries waster. I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8. You mean nothing to me

No offence Dave but you sound kind of shallow to me,boasting about your car and house,made me cringe when i read that. I'm annoyed at myself for feeling sorry for you but i do. I hope that one day you can come to understand and appreciate the truly valuable things in life,none of which can be bought with any amount of money!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by dvbuk55 »

bunkerland wrote:
Locker Dave wrote:No worries waster. I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8. You mean nothing to me

No offence Dave but you sound kind of shallow to me,boasting about your car and house,made me cringe when i read that. I'm annoyed at myself for feeling sorry for you but i do. I hope that one day you can come to understand and appreciate the truly valuable things in life,none of which can be bought with any amount of money!
According to the Daily Mirror if you're an OAP you can buy love for £2.50 - :shock: :hmmmm I was totting up how much my old age pension would buy me :angel
Stuart Murray
Posts: 21
Joined: 24 Apr 2012, 19:55
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Stuart Murray »

Locker Dave wrote:No worries waster. I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8. You mean nothing to me
Good one, raised a chuckle. And thanks for responding to my praise. But sorry, not up to the same standards as your other posts. They showed real comedy craftsmanship, and really tickled. By saying this I don't mean to depress, just to inspire you to reach those comedic heights again. Please, use my words to start a comedy fire in you.
Stuart Murray
Posts: 21
Joined: 24 Apr 2012, 19:55
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Stuart Murray »

I raise my glass to some more good posts, expect more not so good ones yet still smile and hope my advice lights a spark for at least one brilliant post from you.
*xen*
Posts: 53
Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by *xen* »

Locker Dave wrote:Just a quick updeate incase any of you give a s**t. I am now a sales manager and pull in 60k a year. I know how hard I used to work, all through the night I used to listen to the same songs you endure. If you want it enough then please do something about it. I drive past my old colleagues in my brand new 30 grand car and bib n wave, I know they think i'm a cnut, but as I said before, RM is full of brilliant people scarred of stepping into their potential.


Think about this and if I offend you then show your response by using my words to light a fire in you.

You're Gareth Cheeseman and I claim my £5. :nana

http://youtu.be/w826qm1XIaY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by fng »

*xen* wrote:
Locker Dave wrote:Just a quick updeate incase any of you give a s**t. I am now a sales manager and pull in 60k a year. I know how hard I used to work, all through the night I used to listen to the same songs you endure. If you want it enough then please do something about it. I drive past my old colleagues in my brand new 30 grand car and bib n wave, I know they think i'm a cnut, but as I said before, RM is full of brilliant people scarred of stepping into their potential.


Think about this and if I offend you then show your response by using my words to light a fire in you.

You're Gareth Cheeseman and I claim my £5. :nana

http://youtu.be/w826qm1XIaY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :left: :left:


:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by monkeymutha »

Locker Dave wrote:No worries waster. I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8. You mean nothing to me
Five beds, one for you, one for your ego and three for your imaginary friends.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

monkeymutha wrote:
Locker Dave wrote:No worries waster. I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8. You mean nothing to me
Five beds, one for you, one for your ego and three for your imaginary friends.
:left:
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Bahia Feliz »

This thread started 3 years ago!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16735
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by clashcityrocker »

by Locker Dave » 26 Jul 2009, 22:56

Oh dear. I just saw a bit about the dispute on the news and thought i'd add my tupence.

It seems I am to be one of the minority who has really beaten those management swines and unfortunatly the majority appear to be content in going round and round in circles.

Good luck to you all, I shall not be posting again. :left:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Bahia Feliz wrote:This thread started 3 years ago!
Yep by Locker Dave, and he resurrected it as well http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 6&start=90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I guess he won't let sleeping Teebs lie.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by krussel »

I know a sales manager in the motor trade who earns around the 60k mark and is always driving the latest and most expensive (around 80k) model of car they sell. On the outside it looks a fairy tail job of the high life and all the rewards it brings. :hmmmm

The truth is somewhat different however. In reality the guy is stressed to the hilt over the monthly, quarterly sales figures and the effect that its going to have on his bonus (which makes up his 60k) or even keep his job as someone younger is always snapping at his heels. The pressure is there because of a large mortgage, (funny enough his house is smaller than ours) car tax bill and a heavy credit (live for now) lifestyle. The more you earn the more you spend. :roll:

Personally its not for me. Call me a bottom feeder but I like to walk away from my job at 2pm and not think about it till I go back the next morning. I may feel tired but this gives me all of my attention to spend with my family and other interests instead of poring over sales predictions and producing PowerPoint presentations for the following days work.

If Dave is one of these people who is happy with the stress attached to the job then good luck to him and iam glad things are working out.

Why he would come back on here to bother boasting about it is a mystery to me though :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16735
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by clashcityrocker »

krussel wrote: Call me a bottom feeder
You are a bottom feeder. :Very Happy

I know a sales manager on 80k but he's got a small penis.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.