So who altered the fact that seniority is meant to be a fluid process to allow it to take effect? Any spare rounds should always be available to pick. Are the postal workers responsible for changing that policy? It is Royal Mail management who have changed this and they know it will cause division and in turn cause resentment towards seniority.glfp wrote:Doesn't make it right.glfp wrote:How very sad.mark.cup wrote:It's funny how all these new entrants act like seniority is evil and that anyone who has some never got treated the way they do now....glfp wrote:Utter nonsense.milly wrote:I take it that anyone who doesn't like seniority would not be then bothered if some one were to barge in front of them if they were queuing in a shop.
Well I've been with Royal Mail 23ish years and spent the 1st part of my career as a reserve we got chucked on single rounds sometimes more than 1 a day...
Whole weeks spare getting pulled off rounds just as you had bagged up to be put on a round a female colleague had cried about then you found the other walk hadn't been touched!
No shared vans so no one to hold your hand on the way round![]()
I am only in the middle of the pack and can tell you I have always thought seniority is the fairest way! am I envious or jealous of the top 10 senior posties in my office no not one bit they deserve it
Maybe if things changed some offices wouldn't be down to the bare bones because new starters are treated like sh*te and forever jack it in.
"But hey its always been like that".
That's a post persons motto isn't it ?
Christ I give up !
I welcome a big shake up and I think its on its way !
ATB
Graham
You want to compare delivering mail to other companies that don't have seniority? There is no comparison with people on production lines, warehouse workers or supermarket workers who can interchange without many consequences.
There is local knowledge of the layout of areas, familiarity with customers habits, dangers and obstacles etc...
The vacant duties and absorb duties always have the highest complaints against them and always receive the poorest service out of the rounds in an office.
You keep going on about how bad seniority is but can you explain the replacement system? If there isn't a process to decide who does what then it must be down to management to decide. How will that not lead to favouritism? How will that not lead to the biggest moaners and dead wood getting the easiest duties whilst the grafters get shafted? How will that improve the life of new starters?