ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
You're playing with fire gents.
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
Any relation to chris Eubank? He also likes to brag like a goodun.
I love my job,Compared to what it used to be its alot harder,But its still a brilliant job and i would never change it.
Total income in my house after taxes is about 30k,Live like most families i suspect and have to save hard when we want things,But i would never change it for the world.
Money and a flash car wouldn't make me happy,My kids jumping on me when i get home wanting to play beats that 1000x over.
I love my job,Compared to what it used to be its alot harder,But its still a brilliant job and i would never change it.
Total income in my house after taxes is about 30k,Live like most families i suspect and have to save hard when we want things,But i would never change it for the world.
Money and a flash car wouldn't make me happy,My kids jumping on me when i get home wanting to play beats that 1000x over.
-
Locker Dave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
Standard replies chaps. If you are good enough and still have any energy left then get out whilst you can. I will go back to your job when I am 55 and have got everything I ever wanted, if I do it before then I would be in serious danger of reaching 65 and never have reached my potential.
I raise my glass to no regrets, expect more agro yet still smile and hope my advice lights a spark in at least one brilliant one of you.
Peace n love.
I raise my glass to no regrets, expect more agro yet still smile and hope my advice lights a spark in at least one brilliant one of you.
Peace n love.
-
Locker Dave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
Just want to inspire, not to depress.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
Locker Dave wrote:Just want to inspire, not to depress.
Inspire - what by flogging a subject to death and hardly ever posting anything else.
In a nutshell your posts centre on
1. You used to be a postman and you earn more than us.
(Personally I have never measured my success on money in the bank, but I don't look down on those that do.)
2. You don't rate the Union but offer only its destruction as a resolution.
(Self defeating in my opinion and would only open the flood doors to more RM abuses. Sometimes, just holding the tide back is a victory).
3. Your happy your out of what you think is a dead end job.
(Good I am happy in my job and my horizons have been expanded in many ways just because I became a Postman)
You inspire people by showing them a better life is possible, leading by example, and showing change is possible. Perhaps one day you might indeed inspire, but at the moment all your doing is repeating the same old posts over and over again. There is nothing wrong with that on its own, but if you truly do wish to inspire then perhaps recycling the same posts is not the most effective way .
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
and thats telling you 
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
Stuart Murray
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 24 Apr 2012, 19:55
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
Please don't stop posting on here, your posts are some of the greatest comedy gold. Unbelievably laughable stuff.Locker Dave wrote:Standard replies chaps. If you are good enough and still have any energy left then get out whilst you can. I will go back to your job when I am 55 and have got everything I ever wanted, if I do it before then I would be in serious danger of reaching 65 and never have reached my potential.
I raise my glass to no regrets, expect more agro yet still smile and hope my advice lights a spark in at least one brilliant one of you.
Peace n love.
-
Locker Dave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
No worries waster. I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8. You mean nothing to me
-
pink_lady
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 27 May 2012, 07:01
- Gender: Female
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
its good to here that there is light at the end of tunnel! so inspire away, and one day someone else will break free.Locker Dave wrote:Standard replies chaps. If you are good enough and still have any energy left then get out whilst you can. I will go back to your job when I am 55 and have got everything I ever wanted, if I do it before then I would be in serious danger of reaching 65 and never have reached my potential.
I raise my glass to no regrets, expect more agro yet still smile and hope my advice lights a spark in at least one brilliant one of you.
Peace n love.
i wouldnt boast though, some people are lucky and some people are stuck...
and off out the door i go leaving my beautiful sleeping family :-(
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
Just out of interest, you are a sales manager, so assuming the car is a company carLocker Dave wrote:Just a quick updeate incase any of you give a s**t. I am now a sales manager and pull in 60k a year. I know how hard I used to work, all through the night I used to listen to the same songs you endure. If you want it enough then please do something about it. I drive past my old colleagues in my brand new 30 grand car and bib n wave, I know they think i'm a cnut, but as I said before, RM is full of brilliant people scarred of stepping into their potential.
Think about this and if I offend you then show your response by using my words to light a fire in you.
If the car is not a comapny car and you "pull in " the amount of money that you do for your firm
If you were offered a company car but they were not up to your exacting high standards and you sunk 30 grand of your own money into a depreciating asset......
If you were offered a company car but they were not up to your exacting high standards and you financed 30 grand to get the car
SO.... next time you drive past me in my 02 plate £1200 car that IS actually paid for and IS actually owned by me then "bib n wave" away. If you look really closely you may just see a wry smile and a small degree of smuggness just start to appear on my face. I may be even in my little red van, supplied for me free of charge and free of P11d value my employer who gives it to me because they value me so much
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
Warning issued - you tried to wind everyone up on here that's obvious but when someone does the same back you starting calling them childish names. Read the rules again - link in warning pm.Locker Dave wrote:No worries waster. I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8. You mean nothing to me
Now please act like the inspirational sales manager you either are, or imagine yourself to be, and debate in an adult fashion.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
Rarely have I responded on here to wind up merchants but I must say that LD's comments make me realise that I've a lot to be grateful for.Locker Dave wrote:No worries waster. I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8. You mean nothing to me
A 'Sales Manager' is what in my younger days was more honestly known as a Travelling Salesman, not the most laudable of vocations but one that someone has to do, a bit like delivering the post every day.
If a "5 bed place and wake up at 8" suits you that's fine but there's something missing in your life if you feel that that's something, like a posh car, to boast about.
Myself, with (thankfully) with just one wife I've no need for five bedrooms, no need for a car of whatever value and am best with a job that starts at the crack of dawn and gets me out in the countryside most of the day.
I'm sure that all's not quite as well with 'Locker Dave' as he implies.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
Lounge Lizard wrote:Rarely have I responded on here to wind up merchants but I must say that LD's comments make me realise that I've a lot to be grateful for.Locker Dave wrote:No worries waster. I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8. You mean nothing to me![]()
A 'Sales Manager' is what in my younger days was more honestly known as a Travelling Salesman, not the most laudable of vocations but one that someone has to do, a bit like delivering the post every day.![]()
If a "5 bed place and wake up at 8" suits you that's fine but there's something missing in your life if you feel that that's something, like a posh car, to boast about.![]()
Myself, with (thankfully) with just one wife I've no need for five bedrooms, no need for a car of whatever value and am best with a job that starts at the crack of dawn and gets me out in the countryside most of the day.![]()
I'm sure that all's not quite as well with 'Locker Dave' as he implies.gay or not
Actually LL I don't think he's alogether that happy - and just maybe there is a touch of envy for our carefree existence - I mean at the end of the day we go home free and clear - we're not worried about sales figures and targets and if the hammer is about to fall because the company is going under.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
His job can't be that fantastic if he keeps coming back here harping on and bragging. He's obviously missing the camaraderie of working for RM, we all know what salesmen are like, quite happy to stab each other in the back for a bit of commission.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
That's a small B&B Dave....expense account cutbacks?Locker Dave wrote:I'll enjoy my 5 bed place and wake up at 8.
Make sure you're down early...breakfast stops at 8.30...don't want to be left with that individual pack of All Bran from the tray in your room.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: You're playing with fire gents.
He cant have many friends,Thats why he feels the need to come on here and brag,I sort of feel sorry for him if he thinks that this is what life it all about.